“Great rooms, right next to Beijing Airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Beijing Capital Airport

You added Hilton Beijing Capital Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Beijing Capital Airport
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Sanjing Road, Beijing Capital International Airport, Beijing 100621, China (Beijing Capital International Airport)   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #24 of 5,463 Hotels in Beijing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Singapore
“Great rooms, right next to Beijing Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

I had a great stay at the Hilton in mid March whilst travelling around China on a business trip. Whilst not cheap, the hotel was at least priced lower than other similar hotels in downtown Beijing.

The main advantage of this hotel is it's proximity to the airport - it's less than a 5 minute free bust ride to the airport's Terminal 3, and another few minutes to the other terminals. The disadvantage is, of course, that there are no other venues for entertainment or dining nearby other than at the airport.

Rooms were great and comfortable, and buffet dinner in the restaurant was above average. I found the staff adequately friendly and helpful, so no complains there.

I went swimming in their heated indoor pool up on the fifth (or sixth - can't recall 100% now) floor - it was still quite chilly and although the pool was a good length it wasn't very wide. The spa was partly operational with the sauna either not operational or not heated due to the lack of guests using the facility.

If you need to be in downtown Beijing for meetings, this is probably not the right hotel for you, but for a layover before catching the early morning flight, it's great.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
BJSCA, General Manager at Hilton Beijing Capital Airport, responded to this review, May 9, 2011
Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay, our facilities and services. Regarding your comments about the swimming pool temperature and sauna facilities, I have informed the team in our health club to maintain the temperature of both consistently to meet our guest needs.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Regards,

David Prince

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
PERTH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

I have stayed at the three Hilton Hotels in Beijing. The Hilton Capital Airport is the most disappointing of the three. It is matched only by the Hilton Adelaide, Australia, as a Hilton hotel that I will never use again. That said - I was most impressed by the Wangfujing Hilton on my last visit to China.

I experienced two problems - one was the service and the other was the room.

Firstly the service: I have and obvious walking disability - the executive room allocated to me was as far removed from the club lounge as is possible in this labyrinth of a hotel. Next, I tried the 'one touch' help button to get information on which terminal my Malaysian airline flight would be leaving next morning. After three changes to different persons, none of whom had even a basic capability in English language, I was eventually given the wrong terminal (at one stage I was told that there was no such flight operating to Beijing).

Next the room. As mentioned in an earlier review the room lighting is OK for sleeping but hopeless for working. The TV controller was not working. The air conditioning controller was stuck on 15 degrees but the room temperature remained too hot all night.

My first night in Beijing was at the King Wing hotel in 3rd ring road. I had a two room suite on the executive floor, the staff spoke good English and the cost was US$100 per night. In comparison the unsatisfactory night at the Airport Hilton cost me a whopping US$300 per night !!!! Life your game Hilton - after this experience and the one in Adelaide, other chains will be my preferred choice.

Room Tip: Try the Langham.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
BJSCA, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Beijing Capital Airport, responded to this review, May 5, 2011
Thank you posting such a detailed and informative review, although I was disappointed to learn of the problems you experienced regarding your room allocation and poor English comprehension from the team. Furthermore, we appreciate your feedback regarding the lighting in our rooms, TV controller and A/C controller.

I have discussed your experiences with our front office manager and chief engineer to ensure further English training is undertaken with the front office team and for our engineering team to follow up on the room defects and either repair or replace the controllers. I fully agree that the lighting in some of our rooms could be improved. This is something we have identified since our opening last year and we already have a project in place to enhance the bedroom lighting where necessary. Rest assured, your feedback is appreciated and we will take immediate action to rectify these issues.

We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to demonstrate our improvements next time you visit Beijing.
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

I crashed here for one night after a long flight, and let me tell you it was a treat! Yes the place is very expensive, but it's luxurious. The rooms are stunning! Waterfall shower, 12 foot ceilings, marble floors, flat screen TV, great breakfast (though expensive), pool and gym area. After a few bad Asian hotels, I got the best night of sleep on a soft king size bed. It was fairly quiet despite being right next to the airport. Concierge services were excellent, check in and out was swift, free shuttle to and from the airport. First class travel!

Only disappointment is no wireless in the room - had to arrange for a long cable (with a deposit), took a while to untangle connect, get online. A bit of a hassle for a business traveler.

If it was cheaper I'd stay here all week!!!

Room Tip: What a treat!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Reykjavik, Iceland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

Stayed overnight between flights and very much would have like to stay longer. The hotel itself is impressive and gives hotel guests a feeling of luxury. The rooms are large, well designed and comfortable. The executive lounge is great, both for dinner drinks and for breakfast. The service overall is really good - responsive without being overbearing. Bottom line is simply that this is an excellent hotel to stay at.

Neenah, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

WOW. What a nice hotel. Brand new and state of the art.

I am Hilton Honors gold member, have stayed in a lot of Chinese business hotels and this is my favorite one so far. Stayed several nights for a trade show at the new Beijing exhibition center, 20 minutes by cab. 10 minute free shuttle ride from Terminal 3 of BJ airport. 2 Chinese restaurants, a Grill restaurant and a western restaurant. Outstanding food with excellent presentation, gorgeous executive lounge with nice snacks & free happy hour and free breakfast for gold members. Stunning lobby bar area. and reception area. Beautifully furnished, quiet and comfortable rooms. Nice pool, spa and exercise room. State of the art, free conference room in club lounge which we used several times. 40 minute cab ride to Chaoyang business district. Train service downtown from station within view of hotel (probably not walkable). Kind of far from tourist sites, but within sight of Beijing Terminal 3 with free shuttle service, The staff here is awesome: friendly, helpful, instant service. I highly recommend this true 5 star business hotel. Only complaint from colleagues, rooms were a bit too warm, had to leave the windows open in March. Well soundproofed. The hotel seemed almost deserted, which is a crying shame because it is top notch in all regards both facility and staff. A very enjoyable stay and highly recommended.

Manchester UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

I had booked into the Capital International Airport hotel [beware of this one] and they never sent the shuttle bus to the arrivals teminal, so after an hour of waiting I got into the Hilton shuttle bus which had been twice in that time.

I stay in hundreds of hotels and the Hilton has that "WOW!" factor and it's only a couple of quid more per night than that 'other' hotel whose name I do not wish to utter again.

The Hilton was FANTASTIC! It was as if they had said "We will spend more than is required on everything." From the taps, to carpet, to mirrors, bed, kettle...everything is pure luxury! I felt as though I had stepped into Paris' bedroom LOL

The staff were SO friendly and helpful.
I slept the sleep of the dead and never heard a single airplane during the night. (money well spent on the double glazing).

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

First off I have not stayed in a Hilton Branded product for 8 years ever since I had a problem Hilton refused to resolve it amicably. It was not my choice to stay a the Hilton Beijing but rather American Airlines who had several mechanical problems with their planes and rerouted me thru Beijing rather than Tokyo, so the room was courtesy of AA.

The hotel is brand new within the last 6 months, clean, very comfortable and the front desk staff was extremely friendly even at 1:30 in the AM when I checked in. My room was located on the 4th floor facing the airport you could hear planes in the distance taking on and off all night but too loud. Complaints: 1. Shuttle service very confusing to find and was not running when I arrived the driver from the Langham Hotel next door gave myself and anther guest a ride. 2. My other complaint and this goes for most hotels there is not enough light in the rooms my room had two night stand lamps, floor and desk lamp all with what I guess were 60 watt bulbs.

Would I stay here again no and it is only for my distain for the Hilton Brand, if they were to rebrand to Sheraton or Marriott I would not think twice.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Beijing Capital Airport? Share your experiences!