“Quiet place in Beijing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ascott Raffles City Beijing

You added Ascott Raffles City Beijing to your Saves list
Ascott Raffles City Beijing
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1-2 Dongzhimen South Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100007, China (Beijing Workers' Sports Complex)   |
Ranked #44 of 5,423 Hotels in Beijing
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
“Quiet place in Beijing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

We stayed at the Ascott Raffles City from 11 to 18 june 2011 during our first trip to Beijing. Our 103 sq meter premier appartment at the 26th floor was quiet and comfortable, had a wonderful city view, home theater, free internet, a large bath and all necessary kitchen appliances. There is a shopping center in the lower floors of the building with a practical supermarket offering international brands,several restaurantand trendy shops. Dongzhimen subway station is just in front of the hotel, providing easy access to main tourist attractions. Breakfast comprises a choice ofoccidental and chinese buffets and costs 80 yuan, when not included in room rate.
As a mainly business-oriented residence, Ascott Raffles City does not have the usual offer of tourist excursion packages, but the reception kindly recommended to us some
local tour operators.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Yuanyuan-monica, Owner at Ascott Raffles City Beijing, responded to this review, August 21, 2011
It was a great pleasure having you stay at Ascott Raffles City Beijing and thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay experience. We will continue in our improvement effort to provide excellent service and product to our residents, especially on tourist excursion with local travel agent. We look forward to welcoming you back in near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

We stayed there from 4 to 9 june 2011. We rented 2 apartments : 1 bedder premier which is 1100 sq ft and another one bedder executive type of 800 sq ft. The premier one is so spacious and luxurious and located at 25th floor, the view was spectacular.

The apartment is on top Raffles shopping centre so we can go downstairs for grocery shopping everyday and shopped at Mango, Zara etc. ! There is one train station downstair but we never took because we hired a personal driver for USD 120 per day and one tour guide for USD 40 a day for like 10 hours a day !! If you are interested, u can call Eleven at 86-15810454310 for the service.

I would like to compliment the hotel manager Mr Johnson for sorting out all the arrangements as we initially booked a 2 bedder through the central hotline but last minute there was a mix-up and Mr Johnson came to our rescue immediately .

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Yuanyuan-monica, Owner at Ascott Raffles City Beijing, responded to this review, June 23, 2011
Dear Ms Lee
Thank you for your great support for Ascott Raffles City Beijing and we were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.We will keep on maintain the highest customer satisfaction standards and serve to delivery it to every guest.
Looking forward your coming back in the near future.
Taipei
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

I booked 2 executive rooms for 4 nights. When I checked in, I asked about swimming pool hours because it's very important for me to relax. I was informed that it was under maintenance and won't be ready during my stay. From my previous booking experience, hotels always tell customers at reservation if anything out of the ordinary can be expected. They had 1 month to tell me but didn't.
When I got in my room and called the front desk for help on adjusting the temperature of the refrigerator, they told me nobody including housekeeping knows how to operate the appliances. When I asked for ice cubes, they replied all the ice makers are down! I would have checked out the next day if I didn't have to be at the trade show for the next few days.
During my entire stay, I didn't see any manager on the floor. Although they did keep a lady sitting at the reception desk in the lobby. Nor was there any contact info in the room on how to reach the hotel manager!
On my departure day they would not let me check out beyond 2:00, and told me to check my luggage there. So I brought all my suitcases down plus a small box of seafood that needed to be frozen. But then I was told they didnt have any refrigerator to store it until 5:00! Who would think a serviced residence with big refrigerators in ever room can not accommodate a A4 sized box? The funniest thing is that the hotel manager that replied my on line survey I took a week after, said they usually recommend customers to consume their food before leaving the property!
When I came back at 5:00 to pick up my luggage, it took them 15 minutes to find 4 suitcase while no other customer was in sight.
After this trip, I have concluded that not all ascott properties are managed equally and I will never stay or recommend it to any travelers with some dignity

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Yuanyuan-monica, Owner at Ascott Raffles City Beijing, responded to this review, June 7, 2011
Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay in Ascott Raffles City Beijing. Once again, I apologise that we failed to meet your expectations during your recent stay with us.

I understand that my colleague from Customer Relations have contacted you via email and explained the matter to you. As shared, it is our intention to provide excellent service and products to our guests. What happened was an isolated incident due to an event which we had that day and we are very sorry that it affected your stay with us. I would like to assure you that this is not the usual standard we strive for.

I hope that you will reconsider staying with us or any of our other serviced residence in Beijing, giving us another opportunity to serve you better. Please contact me so that I can help you with your stay arrangements.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely
Poh Joo
City Manager
Ascott Raffles City Beijing
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

From the Bell Hop to the Concierge , the Guest Relatios, the wait staff in the Bar and the restaurants, everything was fantastic, Then there was John( the Australian) Raffles Ambassador a true asset to the hotel, he really is the Ultimate Concierge.
Everything worked like clockwork, the tour of the Great Wall with The hotel's guide Olivia, she was a gem. Everyone talks about the location but in Beijing it is vital as it can get a little frustrating with all that traffic Raffles has the best next to the Forbidden City and Tianamen Square.
This is a hotel a definite cut above the rest, thank you to the staff at Raffles Beijing

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Beijing, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

This is actually a serviced apartment but also allow daily stay. I have stayed here for 3 months and did not really enjoy the experience so far. The building is not well constructed, so you can hear noise sometime, you can smell strange smells sometime. And the management is so poor. e.g. nobody expect few working staff there would greet at you whenenver they met you; house cleaning has done in a very "high-level" way; electricity and bath equipment always broken down and noone really paid attention to give it a serious exam.

Maybe I am being too picky, but this is the worse serviced apartment I have ever stayed.

The only good part is the location of this building, which is quite convenient to get you anywhere. But price does not justify their service at all.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
oakland, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2010

as a regular at the ascott's flagship property located at the guomau bridge in chaoyang's central business district, i wanted to give the new ascott at dongzhimen bridge in dongcheng district a try. i was not disappointed with my 3 night stay.

the staff at the front desk all speak english well and are attentive to the demands of the weary traveller.

the serviced residence also offers breakfast at a slightly higher room rate. if you need your daily exercise as i do, there is a well equipped fitness center and a fabulous swimming pool.

while the rooms are smaller than the flagship property, it is well decorated in contemporary fashion with sufficient moving around space for even the most critical individual. further, it is located in a complex with 5 floors of retail shops comprised of upper end apparel retailers. the basement floor holds the best surprise. there is an infinite number of good restaurants offering chinese and american fast foods that will not tax your budget. there is even a teppanyaki restaurant in the basement floor. if you prefer a bit more ambiance, there are upscale restaurants domiciled on the fifth floor. there is even an electronics retailer within the complex and a new japanese restaurant waiting for completion.

for one accustomed to western features and ammenities, you will not find a better solution than the ascott serviced residences in beijing.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to Ascott Raffles City Beijing? Share your experiences!