“Dirty and Rundown” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Wahaha Hotel Beijing Longfusi

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beijing
Wahaha Hotel Beijing Longfusi
You added Wahaha Hotel Beijing Longfusi to your Saves list
East Zone, Longfusi Square, No.1 Longfusi Front Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100010, China (Beijing Workers' Sports Complex)   |
Ranked #1,411 of 5,422 Hotels in Beijing
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Dirty and Rundown”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Rooms were dirty and rundown. Very little English was spoken. Staff generally unhelpful. Several of our group had to change rooms as they were unusable. Needed a very good clean and maintenance. . Our shower did not drain. Breakfast was only Chinese and the hot food was cold. Good location but very disappointing.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Korean first
Hollywood, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

When I arrived at the hotel at 7:30 PM the day I checked in, my room was not ready. I speak Mandarin so I didn't have any problem communication with the front desk. But my American colleague did tell me the front desk did not speak English at all so he couldn't set up his morning call. The hotel is part of a very large restaurant and it seemed to me the management spends more effort on managing the restaurant, the hotel portion is just their side business as the hotel did not seem to provide much of a service. The room is not bad, it did look like they took the effort to make it nice when it was first in service. Now a few years later, the fancy wall paper started to peal off and bathroom tiles started to chip. There was a slight unpleasant smell in the bathroom. The worst part was I got a team of 10 people, including 2 police officers knocked on my door at 5:20 AM wanting to inspect my ID and who stayed in the room. They insisted on getting into my room, interrogated me. I travel from business often and on average stay in at least a dozen different hotel every year, this never happened in the past, even in China. I mean, it's a self claimed 4 star hotel, who would wake the guests up at 5 AM and scare the hell out of the guests? The police officers told me it was a "normal" procedure, "as long as there is no problem with the hotel". Does this mean the hotel had a security problem?

The hotel is located right next a station next to the subway line 5 , and it's only one stop away from Wang Fu Jing. The price is comparatively low for the location. I don't think I will stay here again though. I rather pay 30 bucks more to stay somewhere else where no one would knock on my door at 5:20 AM.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Samara
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Good hotel in 20 minutes from the Forbidden city. Good price for room. Very clean. Mostly chineese dishes at breakfast, strange juice made of powder. Poor knowledge of English among the staff - very difficult to communicate!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights in mid Oct 2012 booked thru e-Long. Best deal among the other agents. Staff are friendly n curteous. Helped us to call for a cab to the airport. Room was clean, modern and spacious. Breakfast was accaptable. Plus pt is the close proximity to Dongsi stn, line 5, Exit A/B. Turn left after exit, on road level, you will see Macdonald n a big supermarket beside it. Cross the 90 degree pedestrian crossing outside supermarket. Keep walking for 2 min will reach hotel.
Beside the hotel is a local market in the morning. Very interesting to see the varieties of food they sell. 1 min walk fr hotel, on the same side is a bus stop which has many buses to go to Forbidden City n Wanfujing. Cheap and convenient.
Dun ever book Acrobatic/Beijing Opera/Kungfu show frim the private tour agency operating inside the hotel. It is a rip-off. Promised to be a 2 hr show at one grand Arts theatre of all the 3 above for 150 RMB. On tat night, driver drove us to one hotel for Opera but luckily we alerted him before alighting tat tis is not wat we signed up. Then he sent us to a small theatre and was only the acrobatic show. Was only 1 hr n was very lousy quality. Guess their other tours will be equally low quality nd not as promised.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without window as there will be an artifical plants glass balcony with spot light on...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Stockholm, Stockholms Län, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed at this hotel seven nights with my family and enjoyed it a lot!

Big and shiny, but a little torn, but the rooms were not expensive, compared to other hotels in the same league. Service extremely good but only in chinese, which we unfortunately we didn't speak. But everybody did their best anyway and we managed.

Funny and strange details like a see-through (!) window between shower and bedroom. Wonderful chinese breakfast buffé that was included in the price, a chef made fried eggs and noodle soup at request in the dining hall.

Walking distance to the Forbidden city and almost next to metro station Dongsi. "Wu-Mart" supermarket five minutes away.

The only drawback, as I see it, is the lack of good restaurants really close to the hotel (at least as we could find!). There is a restaurant at the hotel (with apparently very good reputation in Beijing), but unfortunately almost only chinese luxury food as sea cucumber, intestines and so on. But the had room service with dumplings and food like that.

Anyway - can highly recommend this nice hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My Air Con was not working as i spoke to the only person who spoke a little English

After trying to explain for 15 minutes the air-con was not working and the room was around 30c and humid and smelt of Cigarettes, i was moved to another room only to find that room the air-con didn't work so i was moved for a 2nd time to a room where it sort of worked so i completed my 6 day stay and only to find at check out they charged me an extra 1200 Yen more for a room that the air-con worked i was humiliated by staff and laughed at and forced to pay the extra when this was not my fault the air-con didn't work, i have now complained to the company i used to book the trip and they have not respond either about a refund, all i can say is don't ever ever stay here.

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

This hotel was recommended bu our tour guide in Beijing because of its good location. We got a good discount from Agoda (50% off) for our rooms. The hotel is lovely with fully carpeted aisles and modern room fixtures. We were provided fresh fruits and two bottles of water daily. The breakfast was Chinese style buffet with adequate choices. We just found the hot orange juice rather strange. The staff were friendly and courteous but it was quite difficult to communicate in English. We were just lucky that our tour guide was very accommodating and relayed all our concerns to the hotel. We checked out early in the morning and there was no bellboy. We were told that the bellboys report for work at 10AM. We had to carry our bags down to the lobby. I would still stay in this hotel again since it is near the main shopping street and there are a lot of restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are more spacious.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Wahaha Hotel Beijing Longfusi? Share your experiences!