“THE WORST HOTEL I NEVER EVER SEEN” 1 of 5 stars
Review of N.E. Hotel

You added N.E. Hotel to your Saves list
N.E. Hotel
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   No.10 Yueya Allay, Dongsi Liutiao, Dongsi North Street, Dongcheng district, Beijing 100010, China (Beijing Workers' Sports Complex)   |
Ranked #94 of 672 Beijing B&B and Inns
Empoli, Italy
“THE WORST HOTEL I NEVER EVER SEEN”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Hotel is dirty, the room is without windows and full of grout. The reception is not polite. It is ten minutes from the subway. The receptionist (the owner) did not speak english. I ask to change room also paying more but she said NO !!! I needed of a taxi and I pray the owner to call me a taxi, but she answer me NO ! The room was full of ants. The worst hotel I never ever seen.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

Booked this hotel for a four night stay in Beijing. This was extremely disappointing to say the least, only stayed one night. Whoever rates this hotel as above average needs to get their head checked out real good. The cleanliness was the biggest concern with this hotel. The bathroom was so dirty I highly recommend showering in flip flops. The location is not too bad however if you are not backpacking I don't recommend this hotel, it should be called N.E HOSTEL not N.E Hotel.

The internet is free however it is definitely not high speed!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Asia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

This is the worst hotel ive ever visited.
Me and my girlfriend is not demanding much BUT NE hotel is a real s...hole. Iam right now staying in the hotel but we found another hotel and will leave NE hotel as soon as we can tomorrow morning even if we have payed for a longer stay.

The hotelowner is rude, inpolite and has the worst servicemind ever.
The room feels like a prison. Stinks mold and everything is wet. When you wake in the morning the bed is soaking wet, even the clothes in our suitcases are wet.

We complained about this but got no help, even though she phoned an English-speaking Chinese person to translate everything.

When we had booked a trip to the Great Wall of China and stood outside the hotel to get picked up in the morning. The travel agency tried to call us thrue the reception to inform us that they were late. But the hotelmanager refused to give that information to us while we stood next to her trying to get the phone to talk to them. She even started to raise her voice shouting in chinese. The travagency tried to call again but she refused hand the phone over.

According to the travel agent they allways have problems with NE Hotel. Will never ever return to this hotel even though the actual area where the Hotel is in is very nice.
In other words, find another hotel in the area. But please dont go to NE "Hotel"

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

Anyone that have stayed at this hotel and rated the place any higher than terrible or unacceptable is either seriously delusional or have horribly low standards. Firstly, the location is impossible to find unless if you can get someone to write the name of hotel and street in chinese. It was virtually impossible to obtain a bus or taxi from the airport because no one could figure out the english writing version. It took hours for me to leave the airport in the right direction and once i got drop off, it took me 3 hours to walk to the hotel because i could not get a taxi to stop and take me there to save my life. Once you are there, the outside and inside courtyard looks 1/2 way decent. Yes,I agree w/ the other reviewer that they did embellish, exaggerate or photoshop the look of the hotel. The whole authentic Hutong feature of this hotel is way overrated. The hutong itself is dirty is depressing at night and even dirtier at night w/ people eating and littering everywhere. It is smack in between 2 subway stations and neither are all that close. The nearby restaurants are disgusting and the streets and shops are boring at best. Regardless of how much you pay, it seems if you are alone and a woman, the hotel manager will claim to have no more rooms and stick you into a windowless room w/ mold and mildew located right by the front counter. I refused to stay in it and had to argue my way out of it. There is only (1) young girl w/ broken english and you are SOL w/ the rest of the staff. The female manager is a piece of work. I have a few names for her and they all begin w/ 4-letter words. She is painfully rude and pretends to understand nothing until there is money involved in the conversation. After refusing to stay in the awful room, they magically found another room for me. The bed was so hard that you can feel every single spring from the box. If you enjoy sleeping in a cave or on a rock, this is your place. The sheets, pillows and covers are disgusting and the room is like a tomb. The colors are dingy and there is nothing remotely pleasant about any of it. The only decent thing i could say about my room is the A/C did work and it was cool. Other than that, the bathroom was disgusting, walls were dirty, decor was a nightmare and the TV did not work properly. They do not change the sheets and the towels are questionably "clean". If you are dreaming or hoping to stay in touch w/ people by using the hotel's computer, try again. I was at the hotel for 5 days and it was working only 1 day. They just unplugged it w/o any real reason and the one day it was working, it took me 15 minutes to send one tiny email. I have read previous reviews of the place and booked it based on the information. Anyone not speaking the truth about this place to warn others to stay away is seriously sick, demented and perverted. I have traveled to many countries and stayed at many bad places. This hotel just made the top of my least wanted list. I want to be clear that my expectations were NOT exceedingly high. But this is right up there w/ nightmare because i was expecting something so different based previous reviews and description. Anyone reading this review needs to continue looking at other options w/in Beijing. You have been sufficient warned. Stay at this hotel at your own risk and peril. A decent suggestion for those who are in their 40's, like myself, and want to enjoy their vacations, go to any of the Novatel. They were only $20 more than what i paid at this place and it was measurably superior. This hotel was my stupid attempt to experience a "local" hotel. BAD idea! Run far away people! One more thing, before i left, I did manage to warn a much younger girl about to be thrown into the windowless room and I told her what she was about to experience. I did the exact same thing w/ another group of foreigners about to check into the hotel. After hearing what i had to say, they all left or got their money back. The manager started to bring me tea and smile for the first time in 5 days. I took the tea and threw it into the plants, laughed and left. I took some comfort in being able to help others when i left and this is precisely the reason why I am writing this detail review.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

Worst hotel out of our Beijing, Xian & Shanghai tour of China. Stayed for 5 nights at the beginning of June 2010.

As someone else mentioned, they used very clever photo techniques for the pics on the website. 'Hotel' was very tired with mismatched decor, the rooms were tiny and there was mould everywhere in the bathroom (mould all over the shower cubicle, shower curtain, sink and the entire bathroom flooded after every shower). We paid extra for a room with a window, but soon realised it wasn't necessary as the only window was tiny and looked out to other guest rooms and their aircon units.

The bed was rock hard, the mattress was still wrapped in original plastic packaging with a sheet stretched on top. You can really feel the hard springs on your back when you lie on it. The sheets were not changed for the duration of our 5 nights stay. However the bed was a huge king size, although it meant there wasn't much space to move about the room.

We found the hotel was run like a hostel. The live-in manageress wondered about the hotel barking at the young girls who worked there, it didn't matter whether it was 7am or 11pm or if she was yelling from the first floor communal lounge to the reception on the ground floor. It made us feel uncomfortable, as by coincidence when we used the guest computer she was always around yelling or slurping on noodles whilst gawping at us.

If you're able to accept the above findings, the hotel is very well located in an easy to find hutong.

Airport taxi cost Rmb90 including toll charge. The taxi driver didn't have a problem finding it.

About 10min walk to Dongsi station, quicker if you walk out of Dongsiwu Tiao (East 45 Alley) as opposed to Dongsiliu Tiao (East 46 Alley). We would finish up our day by having dinner/drink at Wangfujing, then walk half an hour back to the hotel. Very safe and well lit. Or a Rmb10 taxi ride back. Easy to get to all the big sites.

There are better value hutong hotels we found on our travels in Beijing. Always contact these hotels direct as the walk in or directly negotiated price is often more than 50% less than Expedia quotes. Even at this hotel, I overheard someone negotiating a double room down to Rmb150 a night at reception.

I would recommend this hotel to those who enjoy no frills hostel/ homestay experience. Especially if you're able to negotiate a good rate. However for the same money we paid, I would look elsewhere first as plenty of offerings with more
authencity.

• Stayed June 2010
Glasgow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2010

Our first impression was that the photographer should win an award for the photo's on their website. It was a nice hotel, but tired and dated.

The bathroom was clean but the shower leaked everywhere and there was sometimes a smell from the toilet, but that's to be expected in a Hutong I think.

English is not widely spoken, if you get the younger staff you might be lucky but there was a lot of confused looks going around (maybe because of the Scottish accent). We booked our Great Wall tour through the hotel but that was a mission as the manager does not speak English.

Had breakfast in their coffee shop, breakfast was good, and cheap but the coffee which I didn't want and lost in translation thought it was included actually doubled the price of the breakfast. We had loads of food though. That day we didn't eat again until about 4 even though we walked for miles!

Location wise it's good, right between two subway stations and there are plenty of places to eat around it.

It was cheap and we got everything we needed, plus a big bed and a good sized private bathroom. We booked through Asia rooms, it seemed to be a lot cheaper than the prices advertised at their reception. Would recommend to someone looking for good value for money.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to N.E. Hotel? Share your experiences!