“Best Hotel room we have stayed in” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairmont Beijing

You added Fairmont Beijing to your Saves list
Fairmont Beijing
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.8 Yong'an Dongli, Jianguo Menwai Main Street, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100022, China (Guomao)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free CNY500 hotel credits
Ranked #10 of 5,423 Hotels in Beijing
4.5 of 5 stars 745 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
“Best Hotel room we have stayed in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

My wife and I usually travel on trips where we stay in everything from Homestays to tents all around the world with a high end Hotel stay an occasional event. The time in Beijing was an interlude between 2 such trips - the Fairmont in Beijing was chosen as it was close to the Beijing Railway station. What a pleasure to stay there, pleasant, helpful staff, fantastic room with double shower, automatic toilet, large bath with pillow and TV. The huge comfortable bed was a standout.Buffet breakfast could keep anyone satisfied. It was pleasure to stay they, I recommend the Fairmont to anyone

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Joe H, Director, Front Office Operations at Fairmont Beijing, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear WW_Traveller023,

Thank you so much for your review. We are so delighted to hear you enjoyed with us at Fairmont beijing and it was our absolute pleasure to have you. We thank you for your recommendation and kind words and hope you visit us again on your next trip to Beijing.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I had a long layover in Beijing. I was on my way home, so picked the Fairmont to treat myself. I'm so glad I did. I booked a club room, and this was this perfect choice. From the airport pickup, private checkin, bag delivery, meals, and service in all regards, I was impressed. The club room staff were so helpful and pleasant- always with a smile. The food (tea, cocktail snacks, and breakfast) were perfect. I was super impressed with the variety at breakfast. The gym was one of the better hotel gyms. Lots of space, cold water, cold towels and great equipment that is cleaned regularly. My husband was craving a steak (after 3 weeks of Chinese), so we reserved at The Cut at hotel. We didn't expec much, but wow, did they impress! No, it's not cheap, but according to my husband, it was one of the best steaks he's ever had. They even catered to my veg, non dairy diet with great selections. I had dealt with the concierge pre-arrival to arrange for tickets to a show, and they were responsive and very helpful. Some have noted that the location isn't great; I disagree! There was plenty around for shopping, food, etc. and it's super close to the subway. Nor do I care so much about the lobby; the room (which we had booked a standard king, but received a complimentary upgrade to a junior suite) is what I feel is important. And our room, bed, pillows, bathroom, were all exactly what I needed, and then some! We booked a car to return to the airport. Upon arrival, we were met by a concierge that took care of our luggage, took care of checkin and even escorted us to security. Definitely not needed, but what a great touch. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again next time I'm in Beijing.

Room Tip: Club level benefits are worth it!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Joe H, Director of Front Office at Fairmont Beijing, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear candaflo,

Thank you so much for such a great review! Making your trip perfect is what we're here for. I'm very glad to hear that your husband enjoyed his meal at The Cut! It's rated as the Best Steakhouse in Beijing by various city guides but to hear that it's one of "the best steaks he's ever had" is such a compliment! Thank you! I look forward to having you and your husband back with us again, soon!
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for three nights. We had a very good stay. Food menu needs revision to suit foreign tourists. Hotel lobby is very quiet almost all the time. The Fairmont hotel at Beijing suits individuals who seek quiet atmosphere.

Room Tip: Choose a room in upper floors
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear AABDHAHRAN,

Thank you for the great review! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your three nights stay with us. I hope that during your stay with us you were able to enjoy some live music in our Lobby Lounge by our resident musician Tim Ambler. It's very relaxing after a long day in the city. I hope to have you with us again, soon!
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Having stayed at the Fairmont Beijing several times now over the years, I am always happy to make it into the lobby and out of the bustle. Staff are excellent, as always, and my room feels like home.

The lobby is grand, but at times can be cold, figuratively and literally. I came down in the morning to find it freezing in the lobby, quite off-putting. Yes, the night had been 5c, but still. Also, the hotel was at full capacity and yet the lobby seemed transient, with few people stopping to enjoy the [potential] atmosphere. The presence of a visiting team member from the Fairmont Kiev was appreciated as she was warm and welcoming, but more could be done to liven up the lobby, especially on a Friday night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Joe H, Director of Front Office at Fairmont Beijing, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Michael F,

Thank you for the great review. I'm happy to hear that you've stayed at Fairmont Beijing in the past and continues to do it now. Thank you for the compliment regarding our staff. You're right, Alisa, our team member from Fairmont Kiev is very friendly. I'll be sure to let her know of your review. Again, I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you back again, soon!
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Compared to other Asian standards the lobby which was beautiful did not compare to the 5 stars one would expect until you get to your room.
The room was by far the most high tech and luxurious I have seen in a while. It was very large with a huge bathroom and tub. The amenities would gorgeous and it was impossible not have a long bath with all of the wonderful bath products available. The bedding was silk all the way with gorgeous lightweight but warm duvets. The location was excellent as it was a short walk to the subway or silk market across the street as well as restaurants etc.
Food in the restaurant and service in the Executive lounge was excellent.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Joe H, Director of Front Office at Fairmont Beijing, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear grandame,

Thank you for the great review! It's so great to hear that you enjoyed your room! We try to think of your every need and provide your rooms with every amenity that would make your stay with us absolutely perfect. You're right, the array of bath products and tub are irresistible. A long relaxing bath and a restful night's sleep is the perfect way to end a day after sightseeing Beijing. We hope to have you back with us again, soon!
Telford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

This was our 3rd time to Beijing but our first time staying at The Fairmont and we were very impressed. Stayed in Gold Room and the service levels are excellent ....from the minute we arrived we were treated like royalty, from serving coffee while we checked in at the Club Lounge to a very helpful concierge team explaining and booking tours for us. The rooms are large and elegant and the breakfast in the Club Lounge is very good. We also dined at The Cut (steak restaurant) within the hotel which is expensive but worth every penny as the food is fantastic. Would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again when next in Beijing

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Joe H, Director, Front Office Operations at Fairmont Beijing, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear Annie58UK,
Thank you for your kind words and wonderful feedback. We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and was impressed with our product and service. We thank you for your recommendation to other readers and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Safe travels!
Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Fairmont is definitely my favorite choice in Beijing. The hotel is on one side still fairly young, so rooms and infrastructure are in great condition, on the other side they have had already enough experience and service, restaurant, breakfast etc. runs very smooth, unlike other hotels that just newly opened.
Also the location is great, as it s not too far away from the 3rd ring road, so whether for business travelers or leisure, you wont lose too much time in the traffic. it also has a subway station nearby and it's not in an isolated area, so plenty of possibilities to go out in the evening. There a a few bars not far away, restaurants, shopping etc.
Service is always top notch, and all my extra wishes are always well taken care of. Also the restaurants are great and no matter if Western or Chinese, a great place to impress friends or clients alike. Since I am frequently in Beijing I went through a lot of 5* Hotels and I settled with Fairmont as the hotel totally fulfills all my needs, offers great service at a top location combined with a great value for money ratio.

Room Tip: Fairmont Gold or Junior Suite.
Dear Dolmala,

Thank you for such a great review! I'm so happy to hear that we're your favorite Choice for hotels in Beijing! You're right, our restaurants are absolutely delicious and it's great to hear that you love entertaining clients and friends alike at them.
It is always a pleasure to hear that we've accomplished our goal in making your experience with us as special and comfortable as possible. We hope to have you back with us again, soon!

Been to Fairmont Beijing? Share your experiences!