“Excellent Service & Beautiful Rooms” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairmont Beijing

Save Saved
You added Fairmont Beijing to your Saves list
Fairmont Beijing
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.8 Yong'an Dongli, Jianguo Menwai Main Street, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100022, China (Guomao)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
35% Off Room Rate
Ranked #5 of 5,414 Hotels in Beijing
Canada
“Excellent Service & Beautiful Rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I LOVE the rooms here! Beautiful bathroom and very nice amenities. It was our honeymoon and we have received roses and chocolates in the room! That was a very nice touch. I loved the TV in the bathroom and the amazing toilet with buttons attached (haha). The shower and bathroom were also very nice.

The rooms are very well maintained and cleaned. The service here was also excellent. The concierge was amazing. He had helped us with many things and told us some history of Beijing.

The front desk manager Xavier was extremely helpful and remembers us every time we walk by the lobby.

The pool was very nice but I think there was too much clorine there because my skin hurts after I swam. This is the only complain I have.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. I highly recommend this hotel. The location is also very good, close to subway and the Silk Market. It was a really fun trip.

Room Tip: Both our room and our inlaw's room were fantastic.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

The experience was excellent, the food outstanding & the service sensational. I called the Housekeeping for a special amenity at 6.30am in the morning, they offered to go and buy my requirement at a local shop in the meantime they called the Spa to check , withing 10 minutes they delivered just what I needed to my room

Room Tip: Worth going for the Fairmont Gold level with nice extras
Jasper National Park, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

What a fantastic place. The rooms are very elegantly designed with comfort and style in mind. The staff are ready to jump to help you out with anything you need. The location is fantastic with the Silk Street Market a hop and a jump away. We easily walked to Tiananmen Square and had a fantastic day just exploring. The gym at the hotel is great as are the restaurants and lounge.

The hotel manager, Mr. Ganster, holds a reception once a week to meet with guests which I thought was a fantastic thing. It was a pleasure to meet him and get to know him. Just like the reception, I find it's the little extras that make or break the experience of traveling and with the Fairmont Beijing it's all about those extras.

I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this property/experience. Truly world class.

Thanks for the wonderful stay.

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Living 1/2 time in Beijing now and the Fairmont is my home away from home. Comfortable big rooms, good room service and food. Quieter and smaller than many of the comparable hotels which I like. The staff is always warm and friendly. Any little maintenance issues are rapidly dealt with. Not a grand impressive lobby but a more than adequate lobby bar. Nice pool and spa that are quiet and almost private.

It may seem a little out of the way as it is not connected to any of the big malls but I also like that a lot. There is still quite an authentic Beijing neighbourhood a stones throw from the hotel It is a 5 minute walk to Yonganli subway and the number 1 line which runs up and down Chang'An.

Taxi drivers are learning where it is and even if they have to chase down a cab in the street it takes no more and perhaps less time than the lone lineups at the other hotels.

Room Tip: Gold Junior Suites are worth it and great
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Joe H, Director, Front Office Operations at Fairmont Beijing, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear marekw,

Thank you for providing your feedback on TripAdvisor and awarding us with the highest ranting! We're so happy that Fairmont is your home away from home! The location of the hotel gives you an opportunity to get to know the real Beijing. The authentic Beijing neighbourhood that you had a chance to visit is full of delicious local eats. We're so glad that you had an opportunity to explore the surroundings! Hope to see you soon, welcome home!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel. Very confortable and luxury. The rooms are very well equiped with warm floor even in the bathroom. Decoration is amazing! Very good location close to the subway station Yong'an li. The only issue is for a 5 star hotel in Beijing they should provide free internet access in the rooms.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Choosing Fairmont because of its number 1 ranking, but it's definitely not as good as I expect.

The hotel lobby is not grand and a bit old. I upgraded to club floor as most of the review suggest. The club floor room is sizeable and comfortable. But hardware wise, it is a bit depreciated and not as modern as China Summit Wing or Park Hyatt.

The club floor lounge is comfortable but the variety of food for breakfast is disappointed. Also it's closed at 10:30 pm which is early to me. Food quality of In room dining is no good. I have corn cream soup and carbonara, the taste is not 5 stars hotel standard. The other night I ordered a wanton soup noodle, the portion of noodle they served is unacceptable, I felt like I was eating the noodle someone left, plus forgot to give me a spoon.

Regarding housekeeping, there are some small mistake. Shampoo, shower gel are not ready in the shower room, I turned on the water and realized they are all outside. Also, the towel was not hanged on the door but 2 meters away from shower room.

I ordered a harder pillow in my second night but they cannot find one for me after 30 mins. They don't have pillow menu. Then I was promised to have one next day, unfortunately it didn't show up. The front desk did apologize and address the issue immediately, I finally have the pillow at my forth night.

In general, I will still say that it is a nice hotel, room are comfortable and staffs are friendly and helpful, but it is no number 1.

Room Tip: Room on club floor is better;
New Westminster, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Been let down by Fairmont Before - this one was amazing!

It was very hard to every taxi driver we encountered to find it (even with hotels card to give drivers). It is a block away from the metro and the Silk Street (fake goods market) so if you show them this on a map they may get it (no one speaks or reads english).

Room was comfy, room service prompt, food yummy, spa beautiful and relaxing! Take advantage of the steamroom, gym, pool and hottub!

Location was a little away from the main attractions (we were there 2 days so got a guide fo 700RBM a day so they drove us around so it didn't matter much for us 1 day great wall and summer palace, next day forbidden city, Tienanmen square and temple of heaven park).

Concierge was super helpful with a recommendation to a french restaurant that was the best we've ever had (even better than 5 course french we've had in france!) - Maison Boulud (expensive but so romantic and lovely!).

only complaint is suuper pathetic- towels were too new so they didn't pickup any water off the body haha

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairmont Beijing? Share your experiences!