“Besides location...this hotel is perfect!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wanda Realm Beijing

You added Wanda Realm Beijing to your Saves list
Wanda Realm Beijing
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Building 1, No.18A Shijingshan Road, Shijingshan District, Beijing 100040, China (Formerly Pullman Beijing West Wanda) (Bajiao Amusement Park)   |
Ranked #109 of 5,423 Hotels in Beijing
4.5 of 5 stars 26 Reviews
IL
“Besides location...this hotel is perfect!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Like I mentioned in the subject, this hotel is perfect besides the location being far away from the downtown area. There is a small mall across the street but there's not much else nearby. Although it is very close to the subway and it's a quick 20 min train ride to downtown. The whole of Beijing felt very safe when my friend and I were walking around. Although NO ONE spoke english so make sure to bring a map that you can point your finger so they can help in case you get lost. I can't say the people were that friendly but they were willing to help if you showed them your map. Anyways back to the hotel. The lobby is very nice and the restaurants are very nice inside the hotel. That being said we paid about $60 USD for dinner buffet and it wasn't very good as everything was not that fresh. They had a good selection but I didn't care for much of it especially the seafood which wasn't fresh at all. The breakfast is included with your stay and that is magnificent! So much selection and everything was tasty...such a big difference from the dinner. It was the largest hotel breakfast buffet I've ever eaten from fresh made to order omelets to different kinds of congee to fresh made to order soups and a lot of pastries and fruits. The room is very well appointed and clean and there was fast free wifi. I especially liked the large showers and separate bathtubs. The showers had both a hand shower and a from the ceiling rainfall shower which was nice. The water pressure was good too. There was really nothing to watch on TV but I didn't care since most of the day I was out and I also have a bunch of video services from the internet. There is also a very nice swimming pool and a pretty big gym for you to work out. The service was very good and the price was affordable. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who comes to Beijing.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2014

The room we had for our 3 night stay was very clean and spacious. The hotel staff were very helpful and tended to our needs. We only had breakfasts in the hotel and there was a good selection of food, Western style. On our last day we departed the hotel at 5:30am for a connection to the airport and the hotel provided a box breakfast for all of us (16 in our group)
Overall a great place to stay

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
WRBJ, General Manager at Wanda Realm Beijing, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear mbg298,

Thank you for your stay at the Wanda Realm Beijing and taking the time to share your experience with us and other travelers. I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay together with the members of your travel group and appreciate your positive comments on the attentiveness of our team members. I am glad that you liked the breakfast boxes, actually we offer any traveler the option of a breakfast box, sometimes guests leave very early in order to catch a plane or to enjoy the sunrise over the Great Wall of China!

I am looking forward welcoming you back to the Wanda Realm Beijing.

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

Our stay of 2 nights got off to a bad start with our booking not being translated for the correct dates - not the hotels fault but neither was the comment ';we should look for another hotel' at 9 pm at night!
The lobby is impressive but the rooms only average, and showing distinct signs of wear - we had wood rot in the door frame, broken tiles and a very average level of cleanliness.
Room service staff were knocking on the door before 9 the first morning, to service the room - and when they did get to clean, they only did half the job - failed to refill fridge, shampoos, vacuum etc. It was a very sloppy effort.
My partner is Chinese by birth, but doesn't speak Mandarin. She was completely ignored by the hotel staff and at one point they refused to talk to her, instead directing the answer to her question back to me. It was very discourteous but consistent with her treatment through out the stay.
I would urge caution when staying there. It appears they cater for the large tour market and the local businessman, travelling in groups. As a couple, they had little interest in us as paying guests - despite us having to pay far more than the rate on some websites for the same nights!!
Not an experience I wish to repeat.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear OldSifu,

Thank you for your stay at the Wanda Realm Beijing and taking the time to share your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that your time with us did not meet your expectations and can fully understand that the arrival experience described by you did not generate a positive first impression. Regardless if a hotel is fully booked or not a guest has to be assisted and provided with alternatives and options, please accept my sincere apologies that this has not happened in your and your partner’s case. I am also taking your comments regarding our employees’ attitude towards your partner very serious and have already reviewed those with my team. Consistent service for all guests, regardless of which nationality, gender, ethnic background or any other differentiation is part of our credo and cannot be compromised, rest assured that we will continue to reinforce this credo.

We are currently in the middle of an upgrade program and also the rooms will benefit from some additions and modifications that we are currently executing, however, the inconsistent supply of guest amenities is not acceptable and has been addressed accordingly. You are correct with your estimation that the hotel is mainly used by different types of customers traveling on business, but on weekends we have a fair share of leisure travelers and of course we would like to provide those guests with a satisfying experience as well, I am very sorry that we failed to do so for you and your partner.

Let me thank you again for your feedback, rest assured that it will make an impact. In case your travels will lead you again to Beijing please feel free to let me know, I am convinced that we will be able to provide you with a better experience, in case you give us the opportunity.

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2014

We stayed here as part of a tour of 23 people for 4 nights. The accommodations were very nice - comfortable bed, nice bathroom, 2 water bottles free each day, some Western plugs, Wifi in the room. I really enjoyed the breakfast - mixture of Chinese and Western items which turned out to be the best of the 4 hotels we stayed in during our China trip and included omelets made to order and Belgian waffles. The location was okay - near the metro but a fairly long way from downtown and the main sights (25 or so minutes via taxi). There was a mall next door, which we enjoyed visiting to be in a not quite so touristy place, get a good deal on bottled water, and even pop into McDonald's when we got a craving for fries. No comment on the price since it was included as part of our tour, but assuming reasonable rates I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
WRBJ, General Manager at Wanda Realm Beijing, responded to this review, November 11, 2014
Dear SnowyShasta,

Thank you for your stay at the Wanda Realm Beijing and for taking the time to post a review. I am pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your room & amenities and that you enjoyed your stay. Due to our mix of Asian and Western guest we make sure that our breakfast buffet offers a wide selection, the best of both worlds so to say. I am glad you enjoyed the waffles, next time make sure to try our “You Tiau”, a deep fried dough stick that is traditionally eaten for breakfast in China and other Asian countries, it is delicious! You are right by saying that our hotel is not close to the city center, but due to the good connection to the ring road some of the sights at the outskirt of Beijing, such as the Summer Palace, can be reached rather quickly. Also, the metro station for Line 1 is only a 5 min walk away.

Thank you again for your feedback and make sure to stay with us again during your next visit to China, we are prepared for travelers that get cravings and serve some excellent fries…;-)

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014

When check-out I've got a receipt on a certain amount RMB and I've been told that exactly this sum will be charged to my credit card. In a few days I found that they charged more, not in RMB but in USD: RMB were converted into USD at the rate of 5.875 (and then converted again into RUR, as my credit card is in RUR). It means, they charged extra 4%.

I sent a message to the reception desk about this issue. They agreed it was their mistake and promised to fix it. But after a few messages exchange they refused to do anything. Now I suspect their mistake was not unintentional...

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
WRBJ, General Manager at Wanda Realm Beijing, responded to this review, November 6, 2014
Dear Mr. Dimitry,

Thank you for your stay at the Wanda Realm Beijing and your candid feedback.

I am sorry to hear that there has been confusion about the amount that has been charged to your credit card. I have investigated the case personally and can guarantee you that from our side only your final invoice amount has been charged and received. As you may know, Chinese law prohibits hotels from gaining on foreign currency exchange, also for online transactions. Since the billing amount had to be converted twice before appearing on your statement the variance in exchange rate must be a result of those bank transactions. I have to apologize that you did not received the required feedback from our reception team, I have sent you a separate email message and will be at your service in case you still need assistance in this matter.

Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

I traveled with a tour group of over 50 people, and I was quite impressed with the beauty of the main lobby. The breakfast was excellent with many choices catering to both eastern and western tastes. The staff was attentive, although the breakfast area was crowded, and the espresso machines (which served delicious espresso) were often not functioning or required an inordinate time for the staff to refill them with beans or water. The room was beautiful, albeit the carpet had obvious spills, which detracted from the room a bit. All the rooms were equipped to allow western plugs for ease of re-charging iphones/ipads. The bed was among the most comfortable I have ever had the opportunity to sleep in, with white sheets and pillowcases, and a luxurious comforter. This would have been a 5 star rating were it not for the espresso problem and the carpet stains. Overall, a great value for the price. A few of the members of my group, however, did have an issue with their rooms being too hot, and not being able to control the temperature. I'm glad I did not have this problem...

Room Tip: Make sure you tell them you want a room that has not had issues with temperature regulation.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
WRBJ, General Manager at Wanda Realm Beijing, responded to this review, November 3, 2014
Dear Christina,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay at the Wanda Realm Beijing. It is only through sincere guest feedback like yours that we are able to continuously improve our products and services.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our Bed of Realm which is part of Wanda hotels signature brand features and has been specially designed for our valued guests.

Meanwhile, I sincerely apologize for any part of our services or facilities that didn't meet your expectations. We are currently in the middle hotel upgrade program with some equipment and facilities being replaced to deliver more efficient service and to exceed our guests’ desire. Usually Wanda Realm Beijing offers a comfortable resting place with a room temperature set at 24 degrees, but the control panel in the room allows our gusts to adjust it to their personal preferences.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope you will have the chance to explore China again at some point of time. I am looking forward to welcoming you back to Beijing in the not too distant future.

laguna, philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2014

I honestly thought the lobby was very elegant when we first arrived. But I came to realize soon enough that it was too dim. Hard to adjust my eyes.

The room was warm at 24•C even if I set it at 21•C or lower. Actually the whole hotel is set at 24•C. The shower drain was not functioning well; they were not generous in replacing the soaps etc. also the screen between the bed and shower was sheer!

Breakfast was ok. You look for your own table/seat. It was very chaotic. Could be better.

• Stayed September 2014
WRBJ, General Manager at Wanda Realm Beijing, responded to this review, October 17, 2014
Dear Mamabelz,

Thank you for your stay at the Wanda Realm Beijing and for taking the time to post a review. I am glad to hear that you liked our lobby, but it is true that in the evening we dim the lights to give the lobby a cozier feel. During the period of your stay temperatures in Beijing started to vary so based on our customer feedback we found 24 degrees in the room a temperature that most guests are comfortable with at that time of the year. However, the air condition system in the rooms normally still allows guests to set a lower temperature if required, I am sorry that it did not work in your room. I have reviewed your comment in regards to guest supplies with my team and have to apologize that you have not been greeted and escorted to your seat during breakfast. I can assure you that we have hostesses at all times during the breakfast hours, it is possible that they have been assisting other guests at the moment of your arrival.

Thank you again for your candid feedback, we will use the same to look for opportunities to consistently improve our product and services.

Wanda Realm Beijing

Been to Wanda Realm Beijing? Share your experiences!