“Oasis of calm in bustling city” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lotus In Moonlight

Lotus In Moonlight
12 Liufang Nanli | Cháoyáng, Beijing, China (China International Exhibition Centre)
010-64653299
Improve this listing
Ranked #355 of 9,456 Restaurants in Beijing
Cuisines: Vegan
Neighborhood: China International Exhibition Centre
Neighborhood: China International Exhibition Centre
Minnesota
“Oasis of calm in bustling city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I visited Lotus in Moonlight with vegetarian friends. The experience was perfect from beginning to end. The menu is filled with beautiful photos of the items on the menu. I suspected that the actual dishes wouldn't compare with the pictures.
I was wrong. Each dish that arrived was lovely to behold and delicious. Many of the dishes contain vegearian versions of meat, duck, beef, pork. Without exception, what we ordered was delicious! As a carnivore, I found each dish perfectly satisfying
We also ordered a fruit tea containing apple and rose which was lovely.
The restaurant itself is lovely and calm, right down to the fat cat dozing on a window ledge. It is located on an interesting street, where we watched a game which seemed to be a mixture of hacky sack and volleyball in a park located between the restaurant and the busier street where we caught a taxi.
Anyone, vegetarian or carnivore, will enjoy the excellent food.

• Visited October 2011

Arlington, VA
“Amazing vege option in beijing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011 via mobile

Really, I am pleased to write a reveiw for this restaurant. It is truly a vegetarian oasis in Beijing and the food is amazzing!! So many choices, so good and flavorful, and nice ambiance. Funny location in the workers' stadium, but walking distance to nightlife for a nice night out. Service was good, but no one speaks english. It's fine because the menu has English and pictures. Also, i was pleased to see most people in the restaurant were chinese. This was definitely not the tourist gimmick. Oh, try the crispy vege tofu chicked with peppers if you like spicy food and the lotus root with mushrooms. We needed six dishes for four people as portions are small, but it's shockingly cheap. Dinner for four people (no alcohol) was only 300 RMB!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Best food I've ever tasted”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2010

I've been a vegetarian for close to 40 years, and I can honestly say that this was the best meal I've ever had. Amazing and subtle herbs and spices, huge variety, and splendid presentation. Need I say more?