“Very good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Michael's House

You added Michael's House to your Saves list
Michael's House
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   South Yard No.1 Zhiqiang North Garden, Haidian District, Beijing 100088, China (Houhai)   |
Ranked #14 of 5,423 Hotels in Beijing
4.5 of 5 stars 406 Reviews
shanghai
“Very good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2010

Small.. but good Hotel!
good value for money. the photos of the site are faithful to reality.
The hotel is clean and the staff friendly and helpful. breathe a family environment. We stayed at 6 and we were all happy.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2010

I stayed at Michael's House November, 09 for 5 days with my son (22) and a friend. My son and I stayed in the Emperors Suite. The courtyard in the center where they serve breakfast is very comfortable; a great place to gather and meet other travelers. This is a good place to stay if you want to experience a real neighborhood with cheap street food down the street and like to walk or take the subway to sights. As for the staff - the young girl was sweet and accommodating; the young man was not overly friendly, but the hotel was charming and we all enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
St.Petersburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2010

Hotel in the Chinese style. The European degree of service. Very purely. In numbers do not smoke.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2010

I sayed at Michael's house 2 weeks last December/January and it was a fantastic stay.
I dont know what to say ...the place is very nice and confortable, the staff (Vivian and Soan and all the other..) are extremely capable, very friendly, always ready to help, so you realy feel at home...what else to say, the place is 10 min walk from huijitan underground station and thus it is near to everything...I dont know what else to say except that I will go back to Beijing (I love it, the people the food the culture...) and I will go back home to Michael's house...:)
Thanks guys for the fantastic stay, Mou (from Singapore).

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2010

Michael's is a wonderful B & B with private rooms and private bathroom surrounding a traditional style courtyard building in the old part of town, not far from the # 2 Blue Line Subway. It is not an easy find for taxis, but make sure you write down chinese name and address before you hop in a cab. The rooms are clean, cable tv, european chic design with a very friendly staff (Lydia) to greet you and help you. Breakfast is provided, inclusive in room rate, a great deal for $58 US/night.
I stayed with my 12 year old son and we were very happy there, although it is closer to the Summer Palace, Beijing university and olympics site than it is to downtown business district. Subway use is must. (P.S. subways are clean, well-organized and efficient, but the fact that my son speaks Chinese certainly helped!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
north carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2010

Our stay was very nice - the people speak very good English and were always helpful and friendly. They wrote directions for us in Chinese to all places we wished to go, and even made reservations for us. Our only suggestion would be to write more explicit directions on the website; most of the cab drivers could not understand how to get back to our hotel using these each day. The other improvement area would be the wireless internet and TV - a little sporadic connections at times.
Otherwise a wonderful hutong!

• Stayed January 2010
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

I stayed in this fantastic hotel twice during the past year. It never let me down. In other word, both stays were full of surprises.

The first time was in March, 2009. I was so impressed by the cozy enviorment, beautiful lobby, friendly staff, elegent style in my room, especially the decoration. Because,later, I found that each room has its own unique style in Chinese, Japanese, and ancient Chinese imperial manner. I hoped I could have tried each room if possible. So, when I went to Beijing the second time in Augest, without any doubt, I chose this hotel. Of course, in a different room.

My surprise was beyond the hotel itself. I have met Tilda Swinton, the OSCAR rewarded movie star, in my first staying in March. I was so excited because I love her movies so much. Besides, I did enjoy the chatting with her in the party held by the hotel. I never thought that in such a boutique, I could have this kind of thrilling experience.

So, I strongly recommend this hotel and I am pretty sure that you can find your own surprises there.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Been to Michael's House? Share your experiences!