My boyfriend and I stayed a total of 4 nights at Michaels house: 2 nights at the start of a 3wk trip & we went back for another 2 nights at the end because we loved it so much.
I must say when the taxi struggled to find the location & then dropped us off down a back street that felt like we were in the middle of nowhere we were questioning what to expect. But as soon as we entered the door it was like we were in another world.
The staff were definitely what made the whole experience for us. All the other inclusions (like the things you come to expect from a hotel that are often lacking in Asia) were a bonus. The staff went out of there way in numerous occasions to make sure we were happy. They made u feel comfortable and at home. You were welcomed like family and they were genuinely interested to hear about how your day was and anything else that they could help with.
1. Organizing trip to Terrocotta Warriors in Xian: Without having made any real plans, we decided a day in advance that Our next destination was Xian. In order to make the most of our time there we wanted to book a trip in advance. We decided to book through a backpackers in xian but stay at a different place. How do u try and communicate this over the phone without speaking Chinese?! The staff at michaels house arranged everything for us while we spent the day at the great wall (which they got up extra early to have breakfast ready for us before we left!). They had to call me a few times due to issues & because my phone wasn't working they rang the tour driver!
2. They organized for us to go to opera show but accidentally gave us the wrong address. So when we went back to stay with them they prebooked us & gave us free tickets.
3. When we went back they upgraded us for free as they had no standard rooms available.
4. My boyfriends flight home was later than mine. So he went back to the hotel after I left. The owner had some friends over who had made some dumplings. She shared them with the guests. She then had her friends give my BF a free ride to the airport as they were going there anyway.
The above are just some of the main examples of the staff at michaels house going over and above. There are plenty more smaller things aswell. Just go & see for yourself. Don't forget to try the dumplings from the street stand on the same road aswell as the egg omelette thing which is on the way to metro about 2mins from michaels house. Oh and the Chinese massage place around the corner from Michael's house. Just ask the staff and they'll provide directions. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- enjoying a convenient location,the hotel offers you traditional ambiance and modern facilities with guestrooms to suit all budgets.decorated with a variety of main colours, all rooms have individual styles.enjoy the afternoon tea with your friends under the glass roof and feel as if you are going back in time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, HostelWorld, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Michael's House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Michael`s House Hotel Beijing
- Michaels Hotel Beijing
- Beijing Michaels Hotel