“Gorgeous Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Legendale Hotel Beijing

Save Saved
You added Legendale Hotel Beijing to your Saves list
Legendale Hotel Beijing
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.90-92 Jinbao Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100005, China (Tian'anmen / Wangfujing)   |
Ranked #25 of 5,310 hotels in Beijing
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Gorgeous Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed in Legendale for five nights in April/May. Large, beautiful hotel with outstanding rooms. It was five stars from the entrance to main lobby area to rooms. Service was outstanding. Not all staff were fluent in English but we had a our son with us who speaks Mandarin so we did not have a problem. The decor was elegant. Great location close to the Wangfujung shopping area. Starbucks was right across the street. Restaurant offered an excellent brunch as we were entertained by a violinist and harp player. Would highly recommend this luxurious hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

258 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

When we first enter the lobby all I can say is WOW! I felt like I lived on the 18th century with the interior. Yes, it is beautiful. The staff are very helpful. I remember when we went to our room 2 bellboy and 2 concierge ladies came up to our rooms just to assist us. We also requested for additional stuffs. They got a beautiful stuffs in the room. and I love their lotions l'occitaine. the lightings of the hotel are very good. it was magnificent. We got the Family room with connecting door 2 double beds and 1 queen size bed. the bathrooms are really nice.

Room Tip: It's like 10-15 minute walk to Wangfujing District :") and try to eat at Dadong's resta...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Porto, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This hotel has has an overwhelming hall. And that's not all, the service is excelent, the quality is superb. I would defenetly would like to stay here again. The price was high, but if you want luxury, you will have to pay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

When you first see the hotel you cannot help but recognize this is a landmark hotel. When you enter it you are dazzled by the empire French marble interior. The fantastic atrium goes all the way up and all floors overlook it (hopefully you are not afraid of heights!).

The rooms are fantastic. Our deluxe (the smallest) was 450 sq ft and so large and well appointed most hotels would call it a suite. The full marble bathroom with Jacuzzi was the best we have seen.

Location is excellent. Close to some Hutong Alleys, the Forbidden City, and Tiananmen Square
as well as the Temple of Heaven. You can walk to all of them but if you tire of walking take a taxi from the hotel. They are very inexpensive and quick. You will get plenty of walk time when you get there.

TIP: We have been to China 4 times and find that it is usually less expensive and more convenient to hire a private driver for the out of town sites such as the Great Wall and Ming Tombs. We have employed John twice and found him to be helpful and honest. He can be reached at johnyellowcar@hotmail.com (website: www.beijing-driver.com)

We booked our airline travel on CheapTickets.com and were given the usual opportunity to also book a hotel. We decided to do so and were pleased to book the Legendale for only $152/nite all taxes included. We checked other sites and they were all at least $35 more per nite. This great price was only included as a flight/hotel bundle.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

A very lovely hotel in a fantastic location in Beijing. It is a walking Distance to Wangfujing street, some Hutong Alleys, the Forbidden City, and Tiananmen Square. The subway is also right next to the hotel. I was able to use the subway or taxi cabs to tour the city. I liked the fact that it was not right on Wangfujing Street but was very close because it was quieter. You cannot miss the French décor and theme in this hotel. It was stated everywhere and in everything, even the beautiful uniform of the staff. Being a history buff, I loved it. It felt like I was transported to France while I was in China.
The customer service here is top notch. From the moment, I arrived, the staff assisted me and were very attentive to anything I needed. Since I could not speak Chinese, It was very helpful to me that most of the staff spoke fluent English. The concierge wrote out names of places I needed to go for me in Chinese and ensured that the taxi drivers understood where they were taking me. When I requested a room with a good view, I was upgraded to a room with one. The rooms and hallways are beautiful and the hotel provided everything you needed including beauty packages for its guests. The view from my room was awesome especially at night. I intend to stay here again, and will recommend it to my friends and family.

Room Tip: If you want, book a room on a high floor. It is nice to see the view of the city from your room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Highly recommend the family room: 2 connecting rooms. One room has 2 queens, the other room has a living room and separate room with a king. It fit our family of five quite well. The location is great and near the Forbidden City. Save some money and hire your own private car and driver to go see the sites instead of using the hotel's which is super expensive. Note: cabs in Beijing only allow 4 people. If you have a little tyke, like we do, tell them you will pay a little extra (10-20 RMB) more so that you can all ride together in one cab.

Room Tip: "Family room" which is 2 connecting rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

What a place!!! Grand is the word - from the facade with its turrets and palace like look, to the location and to the rooms. It was absolutely breath-taking.

We stayed on the club floor and had booked a noble grand deluxe room - and it was beautiful. We were up on the 16th floor and we could see the city - it was nice waking up in the morning and seeing the view. Le'Occitane products - and they were generous with the bottles, so we came home with quite a stash. Service was good. The concierge was very helpful and had gave us helpful information.

Negatives ( and they were not many) - The club floor check in area was a bit dated. The lounge was spacious and quiet - not crowded at all. However, people smoked there...so heads up on it. If you are looking for the "executive lounge" experience - this is not the place to be. Happy hour is from 4pm to 8pm - ok spread - finger sandwiches/two types of pastries/alcohol/tea/coffee.The breakfast served there had limited items on it, so we ate in the main dining room. Good spread. My only gripe - you either had to serve coffee yourself or keep asking the server for some. I wish, like other hotels, they provided the tea/coffee/juice at the table.

DaDong is right next door, we went there for dinner one night. There are also some shops around which proved to be useful when you needed to buy any essentials. The staff spoke English - which was a great benefit.

It is not a chain hotel so if you are looking for standardized service like a Hilton this is not the place for you. But we dont regret staying here...it was a good experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Legendale Hotel Beijing? Share your experiences!