“Great clean hotel in good location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kaichuang Golden Street Business Hotel

Save Saved
You added Kaichuang Golden Street Business Hotel to your Saves list
Kaichuang Golden Street Business Hotel
No.32 Baishu Hutong,Tongcheng District, Beijing 100006, China (Tian'anmen / Wangfujing)   |
Ranked #1,567 of 5,111 hotels in Beijing
Varanasi, India
“Great clean hotel in good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We were on a tour while staying there so not sure how much our room was, but looking at the reception should have been around £100 mark.
Large clean rooms with modern bathrooms, good wifi signal in the room, great location for local shopping mall, restaurants and large market near by.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Greymouth, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Reasonable hotel, well located, but very poor service.
English language skills of reception staff is very limited.
Had a problem with our towels.
They accused us of "making the towels dirty" - My wife got a bit of makeup on one towel.
They also initially refused to change our towels the day of our last night in Beijing.
They tried to get Yuan 170 from us to pay for a new set of towels.
I couldn't recommend this hotel to non english speaking visitors

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Good location for subway and therefore access to main tourist sites of Beijing. Bakeries, for breakfast, within walking distance. Rooms fine, but nothing fancy. Overall, a suitable place for visiting Beijing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Walnut Creek, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Again, location! The hotel is not too bad. I had a good room but not clean at all. There is no service - first of all: they don't speak English or any other language, so... Location is its great gift. it is really near the Dengshikou Metro station on Baishu Hutong. Full of restaurants nearby; just two or three blocks from Donghuamen night market and with the historical St. Joseph's Catholic Church literally on the corner... again, location.
Ps: avoid the hotel's breakfast. You will find something better at Weiduomei Cake Shop on Dengshikou Street. Go to this place. You won't regret.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
newfoundland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I recently stayed here while on an Intrepid tour and was really dreading it because of the bad reviews but I have to say it is an entirely adequate hotel. No, the staff doesn't speak English but not that many people do in Beijing based on my experience. The room was spacious and clean. It is nothing fancy but is certainly not a bad choice and is in a great location. It is a little dingy but if you get a decent rate go for it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The reception desk is manned by decently rude people, at any time of day. They were not helpful, didn't explain the reasoning behind their actions, and generally made the experience worse. When we asked them if they could call a restaurant to make a booking, as our ability to speak Mandarin is not great, they rung up the restaurant, then pushed the phone at us, saying "You speak." The reason we asked you to call was because you can speak Mandarin better than us? Why ask us to speak?

The rooms themselves were quite small, and the bathroom was a bit neglected, showing signs of wear and age, and grime among the grout. There is a media display computer attached to the TV, that lights up blue and makes a really loud whirring noise all night, if you don't figure out how to turn it off. The free Internet was somewhat unstable, cutting out unexpectedly. The rooms are too hot, and the air conditioning doesn't work well to make it cooler, so often I would sleep with the window open, on -7˚C winter nights.

The Hotel itself is quite difficult to get to, and most locals didn't seem to realise there was a Hotel on this street. The street is a very cramped street, not a main street at all, but it is fairly close to shopping centres (5-10 minute walk.)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I swore that I'd create a trip advisor account and review this hotel during my stay in it. I've left it three months in the hope I could be more charitable but it hasn't happened. I've been travelling the world for the best part of 30 years, I've stayed in no star to five star in all manner of developing and developed countries and I have to say, that this is actually the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The location is great, but for everything else, you'd be much better off staying anywhere else.

The staff can barely speak English but the moment there's a problem they speak no english at all. The first room they put me in had leaking sewerage in the bathroom and not only smelt terrible but was so damp it was beyond unpleasant.. and they refused to move me for two nights. Finally on the last night they did and the room was ok.

I never got the internet to work through the tv, and there was no wifi in the rooms. The breakfast area was never lit (supposed for eco reasons.. yeah right) and I asked them to book a trip to see the kung fu show and the guide they used not only wasn't accredited and so couldn't actually buy the ticket but had to ring someone she knew to turn up to buy it for her whilst keeping me standing out the front for over half an hour but after finally getting me a ticket, then they weren't waiting to take me back to the hotel when the show ended, so I was stuck somewhere that I didn't know with no idea how to get back to the hotel.. and I waited for about half an hour for them to turn up and the theatre turned the lights off so I was standing outside on a darkened street. I did finally get back to the hotel and complained and no one spoke enough english to be able to understand what I was saying, and the woman who was their tour booker and booked the trip for me somehow didn't come back into work for all the remaining days I was there.

All up, this hotel is one that should be avoided. There's much better out there.

Room Tip: find another hotel