“Great new hotel. Very clean and a good deal.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Schonbrunn Hotel Beijing

You added Schonbrunn Hotel Beijing to your Saves list
Schonbrunn Hotel Beijing
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.125 West Fourth Ring Northern Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100195, China (Yuanda Road)   |
Ranked #571 of 5,462 Hotels in Beijing
Sonora, CA
“Great new hotel. Very clean and a good deal.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

We stayed at the Schonbrunn Hotel in Beijing with a group of 20 Americans including two small children. The check in process was a little long as they were accommodating changes to our room type. We ended up with most of us in a room with one queen sized bed and some people in a room with two double beds. The Queen rooms were small, but well appointed. The hotel was fairly new and was immaculately clean. The bed was comfortable - certainly the best bed we slept in while in China. A bit firm, but no where near many of the other hotels we stayed at. It was a bit odd that there was a window from the bathroom into the bedroom. There was a shade you could pull for more privacy which I found after having the people who were across from us watch me pee after we arrived and threw the window open to let the sun in. oopse. The double rooms were huge. Even for American standards they were quite large and certainly some of the largest rooms we found in China. The hotel is just off of the fourth ring high way. Our group had rooms facing the high way and facing the courtyard. There were not any complaints about noise.

While we stayed there we also borrowed a wheel chair from the hotel for free. The staff was very helpful in getting taxis and helping us find where we might want to go. There were always a couple of staff at the door to greet you when you came back.

The one downfall is that there isn't a lot within walking distance to the hotel. My husband is Chinese (born and raised in China, not Chinese-American) and even he would not eat at the restaurants across the highway from the hotel. On the same side of the highway about a 5min walk away there is a shopping mall type place with a food court and some noodle restaurants. We ate there once during the trip and bought jackets for the unexpected cold weather.

We got a very good deal paying about 380 Chinese Yuan per night. It was very close to the Summer Palace and the Bird's Nest, but a bit of a drive from other more central Beijing sites. The hotel mentioned that there was a metro line that we could take a bus to, but we didn't try it. They did have free high speed internet in the rooms - via ethernet cable, not wifi. There was free wifi in the lobby, but I could not get my iPhone to work with it most of the time.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Basking Ridge, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2009

I stayed at the Schonbrunn as part of a small workshop. It is very nice in some respects, and lacking in others. The biggest issue was that it lost power in a windstorm shortly after I arrived and they didn't seem very prepared for the outage. Rooms had battery-powered emergency flashlights but neither hallways nor stairways had any emergency illumination. Also, the cold water was a trickle (no shower after my flight!). A hotel like this, just a year old, should have a UPS with some emergency power to run lights and the water pump. I have a medical device that needs power, so they wound up taking me to the nearby Sheraton Four Points, a nicer hotel but over twice the cost. While I thought the Schonbrunn was covering it, it seems it was actually an arrangement with the workshop organizer to pay for it, which didn't seem fair. Returning to the Schonbrunn the next morning, I couldn't get a taxi to take me at first, until I had them phone the hotel for directions -- no one knows where this place is! They graciously upgraded me to a suite for the rest of my stay, which was very kind of them. But, there were other glitches, such as no bellman available when someone was checking in. Still, the staff is friendly and earnest. On the whole I would probably stay there again given the bang for the buck, so to speak.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Been to Schonbrunn Hotel Beijing? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Schonbrunn Hotel Beijing

Address: No.125 West Fourth Ring Northern Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100195, China
Location: China > Beijing Region > Beijing > Yuanda Road
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Wheelchair access
Ranked #571 of 5,462 Hotels in Beijing
Hotel Class:4 star — Schonbrunn Hotel Beijing 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Ctrip TA and Hotels.com so you can book your Schonbrunn Hotel Beijing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Schonbrunn Hotel Beijing, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.