“Perfect location. Old style but clean, well maintained good rooms.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Beijing Jianguo Hotel

You added Beijing Jianguo Hotel to your Saves list
Beijing Jianguo Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.5 Jianguo Menwai Main Street, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100020, China (Guomao)   |
Ranked #91 of 5,422 Hotels in Beijing
Bangkok, Thailand
“Perfect location. Old style but clean, well maintained good rooms.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Perfect location, next to metro station Yong Anli. Easy to get to if using airport express or cab ! Close to Xiushui market n great restaurants around.
Fully equipped well maintained n clean rooms .
Helpful reception staff , western n Asian breakfast buffet good choice . Restaurant service a bit impersonal !
Great for business trip/ city trip !

• Stayed March 2013
ANG L, Director of Sales at Beijing Jianguo Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Jianguo Hotel Beijing and sharing your experiences on Tripadvisor. We are very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we hope to see you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
hong kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I was nervous when company booked me this hotel as I know it is a very old Chinese hotel which generally provides at best mediocre service. But to my surprise, staff are very professional, much more than many 5-star hotels today. It almost gave me a feel of Mandarin Oriental's hotels - staff actually remember my name though I only stayed for two days and it was the first time staying there. The hotel facilities are old but kept well given the age of the hotel. Many new hotels have problem with the shower and bathroom that either water leaks from shower or has mold around corners of the showers or bath tubs. None of that was found in this htoel. The room is in good size and has everything you need for a business stay although I saw many tourists stayed there too. The hotel furnish is not modern but staff spoke good English. With that price, this level of service and location are great value for money. I will definitely come back to stay.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying at the Jianguo Hotel Beijing and sharing your experiences on Tripadvisor. We are very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that our hotel was above your expectations. We hope to see you back in the future and we also hope that your experience than will be even better.
Scarborough, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This was my first trip to China. I read so many horror stories about hotels. I was on a business trip, so I didn't get to pick the hotels. I was NERVOUS.

The Jianguo was excellent. The best I stayed in while I was in China.I was perfectly comfortable and the hotel staff did everything they could to assist me. Everything worked in the room and bathroom. It felt like a hotel in the US. I only had a drink in the lounge, but the food smelled great and those around us seemed happy.

After dark the streets surrounding the hotel are populated by street urchins. We were solicited several times on the way back from dinner to buy watches, jewelry, and worse. Not a problem, but something to be aware of.

The hotel is located close to the Beijing subway-- which is excellent.

I would choose to stay at the Jianguo again

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
beijing
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

A welcoming and friendly hotel. After three stays here it never fails in its professional standards.

The rooms are comfortable and clean and staff are always helpful. Breakfast is brilliant with a wide selection of Western and Asian dishes and the dining staff always greet you with a smile and escort you to a table.

A perfect place to stay in Beijing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

first went to this hotel in 1987 when they had a beer garden outside. It was at that time one of the only international hotels in Beijing. I don't actually think any work has been done to it since. If it has, it is certainly not noticable.
On arrival, not one porter offered to help with my large suitcase - they just stood and chatted together. The Jianguo has an excellent location - that's it. I stayed in a "club floor" room. The club "lounge" has a fridge with soft drinks and milk in it and a coffee machine - that's it! No breakfast, cocktails or whatever you would normally find when paying a premium rae.
The shabby bedroom overlooked a decaying block behind where i could see into all the rooms as people slept, dressed etc. I kept the curtains closed.
The bed was uncomfortable and the bathroom absolutely basic with a flimsy shower curtain.
Finally, when i tried to book a hotel car, they don't have any!
I will not go back. Such a shame to have such a delapidated product in a city that has so many glittering international hotels. And if anyone's wondering why I went there i the first place, it was a corporate booking and closest to my office. There are much better value for money deals to be had in Beijing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed stay at Jianguo Hotel. We got a discounted price so it was good value. The location is in the heart of Beijing and it's close to many malls and restaurants. Subway station is in walking distance, by which you can reach many places in Beijing. The hotel can show a bit of its age, but overall it's clean and comfortable. Staffs were very friendly and professional, too. Buffet breakfast was included in our package. We had many options and the food was freshly prepared. Overall it was a nice experience.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I found the hotel to have a professional staff and very clean rooms. Excellent location. I ate at Charley's bar and the food was average. The beds were average for comfort but as has been said before I think you can do better at a similar price point. This hotel was built in the 80s and is in dire need of a refurbishing. All the furniture is old and used although very clean. The building itself shows its age as well. A good upgrade would take this hotel much farther. They had a promotion to upgrade to a suite which is on the top floor. They are two level suites but not a opulent as that makes it sound. I heard a humming noise all night which I believe was an HVAC unit on the roof. Not loud but was a bit annoying. This hotel was not bad I just think you can do better.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear reviewer,
Thank you for staying at the Jianguo Hotel Beijing and sharing your experiences on Tripadvisor. We are very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We are apology for the noise you heard in your room at night. We also want to let you know that we just updated many rooms and suites and we hope that you will enjoy them if we see you back in the future

Kind regards,

Jianguo Hotel

Been to Beijing Jianguo Hotel? Share your experiences!