“nice hotel, not a great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian Hotel and Serviced Apartments

You added Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian Hotel and Serviced Apartments to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian Hotel and Serviced Apartments
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Tower 1, No. 25 Yuanda Road , Haidian District, Beijing 100097, China (Yuanda Road)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #119 of 5,462 Hotels in Beijing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Los Angeles, California
“nice hotel, not a great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights as part of a tour of china package.
Our room looked really nice and looked clean, but smelled really smoky. They had no other rooms available, and came to open the window a little and spray some air freshener on the curtains.
It was January and freezing, plus the heaviest pollution Beijing has had in a long time, so leaving the window open was not an option. Both my husband and I woke up several times a night with a foul smoke taste in our mouths as it was that musty.
Aside from that the bed was comfortable and the bathroom large and clean, and my husband was very happy with the senseo coffee maker.
The buffet was great.
The location wasn't fantastic for getting into the center, but we were tied to our tour bus schedule anyway.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
BeijingFourPoints, Owner at Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian Hotel and Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for taking your time on giving us your feedback. We appologize for the smell in room and please inform us in advance next time and we will make sure to offer you a non-smoking room. We are delighted to see that you enjoyed the rest parts and we're looking forward to your next stay here at Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Spent 2 nights while on business in Zhongguancun area in November.

The rooms are well appointed, and it looks brand new, both in terms of facilities and amenities offered.

The food is nothing to write home about - ordered a pizza from the cafe but it hardly was well constructed. Still, this is hardly the tourist area, so one cannot expect too much.

Instead, try the burger from the Loft just behind the hotel - it's high quality and you'll pay a pittance while collecting SPG points. If your business meeting located is nearby, then it deserves a 4 overall rating. But since most people reading this writeup are likely to be tourists......

Seriously, it's so far from major attractions likw the Bird's nest or Erheyuan Palace that it barely qualifies as a Haidian hotel. You'll enjoy your sleep here, and hopefully you will have a pickup by helicopter, because it will take you 30 minutes to go anywhere interesting from this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
BeijingFourPoints, Owner at Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian Hotel and Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for taking time on giving us your feedback. It seems like the most headache problem you had during your stay was the location and transportation, it won't bother you anymore because a new subway station which is within walking distance from hotel-- Changchunqiao station is already opend last month :) And we will surely improve our food quality at Four Points and we are glad you liked the burger from Aloft:) Welcome back here next time if you travel for business in Haidian, Beijing.
Cork, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The hotel is lacking in character with large open spaces. There's nowhere cosy to sit and enjoy reading a book with a coffee or drink.

The bedroom was clean & spacious (standard room) but the temperature control did not effectively regulate the room temperature.

Breakfast & dinner buffet offered a wide variety to choose from but unfortunately it was of poor quality and lukewarm at best.

Leisure facilities were very good.

Note for Leisure Travellers: this hotel is not located next to the subway hence it does not facilitate ease of getting around the city. Taxi trips (if you are fortunate to flag one down), in Beijing traffic, are lengthy hence being located next to public transport is a must.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BeijingFourPoints, Owner at Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian Hotel and Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Greetings from Four Points by Sheraton Beijing,Haidian! We appreciate your time on giving us feedback.For you willingness to sit comfortably and read a book with a cup of coffee, we can fully understand you if you don’t like the business-feeling of Four Points lobby lounge,however, if you would like to step into Aloft hotel next door, you will find Re:mix is a perfect place for a cozy afternoon with books and drinks, not to mention there's w xyz bar beside where you can choose various kinds of drink you like; If you prefer a more quiet environment, you could also choose Executive Lounge to enjoy more privileges, so give it a try next time :) We do appologize for the inconvenience that caused by the conditioner and we will get it solved soon. Enhancing the quality of buffet at Eatery is also one of our priorities and thank you for pointing out this issue. There's a good news is that a new subway station-Changchunqiao stataion (line 10) opened not too long ago and it trully brings so much convenience for our guests since it's within walking distance:) We would love to seeing you again here at Four Points!
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

stayed here for a weekend night. As a gold member, I was upgraded to deluxe room which was spacious and well appointed. did not try the hotel restaurant, coz there is a very large shopping mall a few blocks away, offering a variety choices of food. The pool was large and up to standard. But the changing rooms were under maintenance during my stay.

The only downside was no wifi in room. But the wired network worked fine.

Great value for spg redemption! it is only a category 2 hotel!

• Stayed September 2012
Welcome back to Starwood! We are delighted to hear about your wonderful upgrade experience and enjoyable relaxing time in our hotel. And for the internet issues, please feel free to ask our Star Service for a rounter to enable a wifi environment in your room. You didn't try the hotel restaurents? You would love it if you did :) We have a large variety of food and beverage to choose from in the Eatery buffet and we also provides delicious Italian food in Ecco; what's more, if you want to try something new such as different Chinese food, Tai Mansion would be your best choice here. So don't miss it next time when you come to Beijing and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon!
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Check in was very quick and easy. When we got to our room we were bothered by the strong smell of smoke. When we asked if we could change rooms we were told we would have to wait until the next day. Turns out all their non smoking rooms were under renovations so we had to deal with the smell. Other than that, we were very pleased. Good size room with very comfortable beds. Lots of english tv channels to choose from. Excellent room service choices (24 hours) and a fabulous breakfast buffet! I enjoyed their gym and pool facilities and appreciate the quick and friendly service by the staff.
We would have liked easier Internet access as you need to pay extra to have it in your room. The Internet in the reception area was very slow.
Overall we are very happy with our stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
We are more than happy to hear about those wonderful experiecne here at our hotel and we are deeply sorry for the inconvenience that caused to you by the smoke issue. We are looking forward to your next visit and will surely provide a clean room without any smoke smell for you.
sharjah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I tried this hotel on my last business trip (Normally i stay at the Westin Beijing, Financial Street, but they were all sold out and this hotel happened to be more closer to my meetings) and well it has been one of my worst hotel experiences over the last few years. I am a platinum Starwoods Member so I should get a free room upgrade and so on.....

Problems
1. Told on Check in that they dont have any suites to upgrade me to.
2. MiniBar does not "Actively Refrigerate Items" it can only keep items fresh.(According to
hotel staff)
3. Internet connection doenst allow you to download anything. So when you're travelling (which
of course you are) you cant download your current TV shows.
4. Almost every staff I tried to deal with either does not speak good English or does a Lost in
Translation routine.

What I did :)
1. I checked in, went to my "SMALL ROOM", logged on the internet and checked room
availability to find suites are available. So I went down and asked again if they had suites
available? Very quietly without even saying ANYTHING they gave me keys to my suite. Since
I was on a very busy business trip I had no power to fight or argue so I just let it be.
2. The MiniBar episode I actually have in print from the front Desk Manager who was a young
British guy (who didnt know anything about his job and couldnt even run the credit card
machine. AND while I was in queue he opens up a new counter and takes someone else
ignoring me in the Queue. I'm guessing he was in the job just because hes related to
someone who works in the hotel). So he has actually put it in print that the minibar does not
refrigerate items but only keeps items Fresh. Of course he must have been referring to the
vegetables and fresh meat I needed to buy and store in my Minibar :)
3. The Internet Connection not only does NOT allow downloads but it sucked for the speed as
well. It was definitely no HIGH SPEED Connection.
4. The Staff? Well what can I say? What should I say? It was such a busy business trip for me
and I was so tired that I just didnt have the pateince to deal with the stupidities that went on.

In the end I just opted to check out after two nights and go to the Westin who had rooms available by then. Even if this is a Category 2 hotel in the Starwoods Chain the quality was really unacceptable. I was very disappointed and of course I will never go back even if I'm given free food and accommodation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to comment on our hotel, we appoligize for all the inconvenience happened here and we would love to be contacted via email to better deal these issues. Please contact us via gsm.beijing@fourpoints.com and our guest service manager would more than happy to listen and take action to avoid these kinds of conditions happen again.
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We used this hotel for our business trips. Whilst I agree with most of the comments in terms of room size, staff etc.
The issues I have had over the past year are
no wireless in rooms only wired network . have had numerous nights when people have pushed solictation cards under door and in one case a colleague actually had them knocking on her door. Non smoking rooms quite often smell of smoke
If you order room service from Italian restaurant comes in take away boxes.. but if you order from other restaurants comes on a plate.
Breakfast is very good and I always get at least 6 small bottles of water in the room

Room Tip: Ask for room above 5 otherwise you can be facing a brick wall
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Greetings from Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian! Thank you for your comments on our hotel.The internet system was under maintainance while ago,we deeply apologize for any inconvenience it caused. Next time if you find that wifi doesn't work, please ask for a wireless router which could enable the wired internet serve as wifi, we sure hope this issue never happen again though:) For the cards issues, we've been working on to reduce these kinds of situation and we believe it will be less and less in the future, and again we apologize here. We would also love to arrange a room change till it satisfies you if you smell any smoke in a non-smoking room. Our room service staff will pay more attention on the problem you mentioned.And we are very delighted to know that you enjoy your breakfast here. Thanks again for your time and we will keep improving our service standard and make a great hotel not only for tourists but also for business travellers.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian Hotel and Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian Hotel and Serviced Apartments

Address: Tower 1, No. 25 Yuanda Road , Haidian District, Beijing 100097, China
Location: China > Beijing Region > Beijing > Yuanda Road
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#42 Spa Hotel in Beijing
#86 Luxury Hotel in Beijing
#245 Best Value Hotel in Beijing
Hotel Class:4 star — Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian Hotel and Serviced Apartments 4*
It’s Easy to Find Us. We invite you to discover Beijing, the capital of China, at Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian Hotel and Serviced Apartments. Our hotel is located in the heart of Beijing’s technology district – Haidian District – a short drive from major government and business organizations, research centers, Zhongguancun Science and Technology Park, and universities. The Summer Palace, the Great Wall of China, and the Olympic Stadium “Bird’s Nest”, among other popular sightseeing attractions, are all within easy access. Shopping is within walking distance, in none other than Asia Pacific’s third largest shopping mall “Golden Resources,” featuring more than 1,000 shops, restaurants, bars and movie theaters.Comfortable, Fun & Fuss-Free. Jump into the coziness of your Four Points by Sheraton Four Comfort(TM) Bed and relax in one of our well-appointed 320 guest rooms and suites or 177 serviced apartments, complemented by five star hotel facilities and service. Each guest room or suite features a contemporary design, flat screen LCD TV, High Speed Internet Access, and convenient amenities. Recharge in one of our hassle-free restaurants, including an all-day dining venue, an Italian restaurant, and a Chinese restaurant featuring Cantonese and regional specialties. Or just chill in our lobby lounge, while sipping on cocktails and listening to the live entertainment.It’s All About Choices. We provide plenty of ways to relax, from an invigorating health club to an indoor swimming pool and full-service spa. There are also plenty of places to enjoy some peace and quiet. Wireless High Speed Internet Access is available in guest rooms and public areas, helping you stay connected with the world and your loved ones. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian Hotel and Serviced Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
4 Points By Sheraton Beijing, Haidian Hotel And Serviced Apartments
Four Points Beijing

If you own or manage Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian Hotel and Serviced Apartments, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.