I tried this hotel on my last business trip (Normally i stay at the Westin Beijing, Financial Street, but they were all sold out and this hotel happened to be more closer to my meetings) and well it has been one of my worst hotel experiences over the last few years. I am a platinum Starwoods Member so I should get a free room upgrade and so on.....
1. Told on Check in that they dont have any suites to upgrade me to.
2. MiniBar does not "Actively Refrigerate Items" it can only keep items fresh.(According to
3. Internet connection doenst allow you to download anything. So when you're travelling (which
of course you are) you cant download your current TV shows.
4. Almost every staff I tried to deal with either does not speak good English or does a Lost in
What I did :)
1. I checked in, went to my "SMALL ROOM", logged on the internet and checked room
availability to find suites are available. So I went down and asked again if they had suites
available? Very quietly without even saying ANYTHING they gave me keys to my suite. Since
I was on a very busy business trip I had no power to fight or argue so I just let it be.
2. The MiniBar episode I actually have in print from the front Desk Manager who was a young
British guy (who didnt know anything about his job and couldnt even run the credit card
machine. AND while I was in queue he opens up a new counter and takes someone else
ignoring me in the Queue. I'm guessing he was in the job just because hes related to
someone who works in the hotel). So he has actually put it in print that the minibar does not
refrigerate items but only keeps items Fresh. Of course he must have been referring to the
vegetables and fresh meat I needed to buy and store in my Minibar :)
3. The Internet Connection not only does NOT allow downloads but it sucked for the speed as
well. It was definitely no HIGH SPEED Connection.
4. The Staff? Well what can I say? What should I say? It was such a busy business trip for me
and I was so tired that I just didnt have the pateince to deal with the stupidities that went on.
In the end I just opted to check out after two nights and go to the Westin who had rooms available by then. Even if this is a Category 2 hotel in the Starwoods Chain the quality was really unacceptable. I was very disappointed and of course I will never go back even if I'm given free food and accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It’s Easy to Find Us. We invite you to discover Beijing, the capital of China, at Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian Hotel and Serviced Apartments. Our hotel is located in the heart of Beijing’s technology district – Haidian District – a short drive from major government and business organizations, research centers, Zhongguancun Science and Technology Park, and universities. The Summer Palace, the Great Wall of China, and the Olympic Stadium “Bird’s Nest”, among other popular sightseeing attractions, are all within easy access. Shopping is within walking distance, in none other than Asia Pacific’s third largest shopping mall “Golden Resources,” featuring more than 1,000 shops, restaurants, bars and movie theaters.Comfortable, Fun & Fuss-Free. Jump into the coziness of your Four Points by Sheraton Four Comfort(TM) Bed and relax in one of our well-appointed 320 guest rooms and suites or 177 serviced apartments, complemented by five star hotel facilities and service. Each guest room or suite features a contemporary design, flat screen LCD TV, High Speed Internet Access, and convenient amenities. Recharge in one of our hassle-free restaurants, including an all-day dining venue, an Italian restaurant, and a Chinese restaurant featuring Cantonese and regional specialties. Or just chill in our lobby lounge, while sipping on cocktails and listening to the live entertainment.It’s All About Choices. We provide plenty of ways to relax, from an invigorating health club to an indoor swimming pool and full-service spa. There are also plenty of places to enjoy some peace and quiet. Wireless High Speed Internet Access is available in guest rooms and public areas, helping you stay connected with the world and your loved ones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood APAC, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian Hotel and Serviced Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Beijing, Haidian Hotel And Serviced Apartments
- Four Points Beijing