“Worst Hotel I've Stayed in recently” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian Hotel and Serviced Apartments

You added Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian Hotel and Serviced Apartments to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian Hotel and Serviced Apartments
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Tower 1, No. 25 Yuanda Road , Haidian District, Beijing 100097, China (Yuanda Road)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #115 of 5,423 Hotels in Beijing
4.0 of 5 stars 345 Reviews
sharjah
“Worst Hotel I've Stayed in recently”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I tried this hotel on my last business trip (Normally i stay at the Westin Beijing, Financial Street, but they were all sold out and this hotel happened to be more closer to my meetings) and well it has been one of my worst hotel experiences over the last few years. I am a platinum Starwoods Member so I should get a free room upgrade and so on.....

Problems
1. Told on Check in that they dont have any suites to upgrade me to.
2. MiniBar does not "Actively Refrigerate Items" it can only keep items fresh.(According to
hotel staff)
3. Internet connection doenst allow you to download anything. So when you're travelling (which
of course you are) you cant download your current TV shows.
4. Almost every staff I tried to deal with either does not speak good English or does a Lost in
Translation routine.

What I did :)
1. I checked in, went to my "SMALL ROOM", logged on the internet and checked room
availability to find suites are available. So I went down and asked again if they had suites
available? Very quietly without even saying ANYTHING they gave me keys to my suite. Since
I was on a very busy business trip I had no power to fight or argue so I just let it be.
2. The MiniBar episode I actually have in print from the front Desk Manager who was a young
British guy (who didnt know anything about his job and couldnt even run the credit card
machine. AND while I was in queue he opens up a new counter and takes someone else
ignoring me in the Queue. I'm guessing he was in the job just because hes related to
someone who works in the hotel). So he has actually put it in print that the minibar does not
refrigerate items but only keeps items Fresh. Of course he must have been referring to the
vegetables and fresh meat I needed to buy and store in my Minibar :)
3. The Internet Connection not only does NOT allow downloads but it sucked for the speed as
well. It was definitely no HIGH SPEED Connection.
4. The Staff? Well what can I say? What should I say? It was such a busy business trip for me
and I was so tired that I just didnt have the pateince to deal with the stupidities that went on.

In the end I just opted to check out after two nights and go to the Westin who had rooms available by then. Even if this is a Category 2 hotel in the Starwoods Chain the quality was really unacceptable. I was very disappointed and of course I will never go back even if I'm given free food and accommodation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
BeijingFourPoints, Owner at Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian Hotel and Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for taking time to comment on our hotel, we appoligize for all the inconvenience happened here and we would love to be contacted via email to better deal these issues. Please contact us via gsm.beijing@fourpoints.com and our guest service manager would more than happy to listen and take action to avoid these kinds of conditions happen again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We used this hotel for our business trips. Whilst I agree with most of the comments in terms of room size, staff etc.
The issues I have had over the past year are
no wireless in rooms only wired network . have had numerous nights when people have pushed solictation cards under door and in one case a colleague actually had them knocking on her door. Non smoking rooms quite often smell of smoke
If you order room service from Italian restaurant comes in take away boxes.. but if you order from other restaurants comes on a plate.
Breakfast is very good and I always get at least 6 small bottles of water in the room

Room Tip: Ask for room above 5 otherwise you can be facing a brick wall
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Greetings from Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian! Thank you for your comments on our hotel.The internet system was under maintainance while ago,we deeply apologize for any inconvenience it caused. Next time if you find that wifi doesn't work, please ask for a wireless router which could enable the wired internet serve as wifi, we sure hope this issue never happen again though:) For the cards issues, we've been working on to reduce these kinds of situation and we believe it will be less and less in the future, and again we apologize here. We would also love to arrange a room change till it satisfies you if you smell any smoke in a non-smoking room. Our room service staff will pay more attention on the problem you mentioned.And we are very delighted to know that you enjoy your breakfast here. Thanks again for your time and we will keep improving our service standard and make a great hotel not only for tourists but also for business travellers.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

This hotel was a wonderful experience. Great location and access to shopping, dining and tourist activities. In hotel food options were very good, especially the breakfast buffet. Wonderful in room amenities and lovely decor. Huge bathroom and 5star finishes. Great pool spa and exercise options. Responsive helpful staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing with us,it is a great hornor to provide you with a comportable stay. Next time, maybe try our renewed dinner buffet menu, with free flow beverage and the fresh lobster, it is a delightful extra to a wonderful day.
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Visited this hotel as part of a Beijing tour through 'The Travel Department'. Rooms were very large and roomy, breakfast and buffet dinner was very good. Drinks prices were a bit pricey, but normal for this type of hotel. Staff were very friendlyand helpfull. Would recomend this hotel, only downside was it was a bit far from central Beijing.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
BeijingFourPoints, Owner at Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian Hotel and Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Greetings from Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidan! Thank you for your time on sharing your experience and we are delighted to hear about that we offered you satisfactory service and made your staying in Beijing more memorable. We are looking forward to your next visit soon in the future!
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

This hotel was part of a package for our trip to China in July 2011. It was a new(er) hotel, hence very clean and shiny inside; a typical Sheraton-brand hotel. Service was good and many of the staff can communicate in English. Hotel is quite a bit of ways from the city centre. The cab driver from the airport had trouble finding the hotel, but it could be because it was a fairly new hotel. Breakfast buffet was great as there was an abundance of selection.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Welcom home,our old friend! Thank you for your support and loyalty to Aloft Beijing. We've been working on improving our staff's English ability so that we could overcome the langauge barrie to offer foreign guests a seamless well service. Also, our monthly special at Nook Restaurant in October is steamed hairy crabs, so don't miss the chance to have a try! Looking forward to seeing your next visit soon!
Hillsdale, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Its a great time living in this hotel.the breakfast offers wide choices, very good. Staffs are friendly, as well as the country. People of front office can speak well English, which helps a lot. The accomodation are very good and the hospilatility is wonderful .

Room Tip: It's very nice hotel and quest will feel welcomed.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
BeijingFourPoints, Owner at Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian Hotel and Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
We are delighted to hear about your memorable staying experience here at Four Points by Sheraton Beijing. Qualified food and accomodation as well as standard customer service are always what we've been hardly working on. Looking forward to your next visit soon in the future!
Slough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

Very modern hotel and really nice room, breakfast good and was in the right part of town. The hotel is let down by the lack of staff who can speak English. I know this is China but in an international business hotel it should not take 20 minutes to arrange a car because nobody on the front desk speaks English. The same problem in trying to get an iron that worked or when ordering room service.

A lot of hotels are held together by the staff when the building lets you down here it is the opposite. Save for the Western trainee who try really hard. The staff are not unfriendly just out of their depth.

Will not be my choice if I one here again but if I am put in here also would not be the end of the world.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
BeijingFourPoints, Owner at Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian Hotel and Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you very much for sparing time to comment on our hotel. We are delighted to hear about your positive comments on the hotel itself and we also apologize for our let down by the staff part. We've been working on to improve the staff's English and we do feel very sorry for any inconvenience caused by the language issues. Next time, whether you need to arrange a car or want a room service, don't hesitate to ask for our Guest Service Manager to help you if the staff couldn't get your meaning. We will keep on improving our service and we are looking forward to your next visit here in the future.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian Hotel and Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian Hotel and Serviced Apartments

Address: Tower 1, No. 25 Yuanda Road , Haidian District, Beijing 100097, China
Location: China > Beijing Region > Beijing > Yuanda Road
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#42 Spa Hotel in Beijing
#84 Luxury Hotel in Beijing
#272 Best Value Hotel in Beijing
Hotel Class:4 star — Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian Hotel and Serviced Apartments 4*
It’s Easy to Find Us. We invite you to discover Beijing, the capital of China, at Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian Hotel and Serviced Apartments. Our hotel is located in the heart of Beijing’s technology district – Haidian District – a short drive from major government and business organizations, research centers, Zhongguancun Science and Technology Park, and universities. The Summer Palace, the Great Wall of China, and the Olympic Stadium “Bird’s Nest”, among other popular sightseeing attractions, are all within easy access. Shopping is within walking distance, in none other than Asia Pacific’s third largest shopping mall “Golden Resources,” featuring more than 1,000 shops, restaurants, bars and movie theaters.Comfortable, Fun & Fuss-Free. Jump into the coziness of your Four Points by Sheraton Four Comfort(TM) Bed and relax in one of our well-appointed 320 guest rooms and suites or 177 serviced apartments, complemented by five star hotel facilities and service. Each guest room or suite features a contemporary design, flat screen LCD TV, High Speed Internet Access, and convenient amenities. Recharge in one of our hassle-free restaurants, including an all-day dining venue, an Italian restaurant, and a Chinese restaurant featuring Cantonese and regional specialties. Or just chill in our lobby lounge, while sipping on cocktails and listening to the live entertainment.It’s All About Choices. We provide plenty of ways to relax, from an invigorating health club to an indoor swimming pool and full-service spa. There are also plenty of places to enjoy some peace and quiet. Wireless High Speed Internet Access is available in guest rooms and public areas, helping you stay connected with the world and your loved ones. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood APAC, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian Hotel and Serviced Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
4 Points By Sheraton Beijing, Haidian Hotel And Serviced Apartments
Four Points Beijing

If you own or manage Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian Hotel and Serviced Apartments, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.