“Very Good City Hotel for Tourist” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Beijing Wangfujing

Save Saved
You added Hilton Beijing Wangfujing to your Saves list
Hilton Beijing Wangfujing
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.8 Wangfujing East Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100006, China (Tian'anmen / Wangfujing)   |
Special Offer
Save up to 20% off
Ranked #12 of 5,311 hotels in Beijing
Hong Kong, China
“Very Good City Hotel for Tourist”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I stayed at a king deluxe room with breakfast for 4 nights for vacation.

Location
Very good location for its close proximity to Wangfujing Street (1 min walk via APM shopping mall), Forbidden City (15-20 mins. walk) and other attractions. It is 10 - 15 mins taxi ride to Temple of Heaven and 4 MTR stations away from Lama Temple. There are lot of restaurants in APM shopping mall and other malls along Wangfujing Street. I had all my dinners at different restaurants in APM mall.

The hotel is between 2 MTR stations, Wangfujing Station and Dengshikou. It is around 10-15 mins walk from both stations. These 2 stations are on different line. Since the distance between the platforms of different line could be very far away (I had once experienced a 15 mins walk), select the station that could reach your destination with least inter-changing points.

It was around 1 hour taxi drive from the airport. Print the hotel name and address in Chinese for showing to the taxi driver. Get the hotel phone number readily in hand for calling the hotel in case that the driver doesn't know the exact location of the hotel. In order to do this, you need to get your phone card ready in the airport. I brought a Beijing-local-call-only card at 100 yuan. It had a few minutes talking time, sufficient for the driver to talk to the hotel and get me to the hotel. The card could then be re-charged for more minutes. You could recharge it at a newspaper booth in front of the hotel.

Staff and Services
ALL of them are very nice and polite with the concierge staff stands out even higher. The concierge staff had provided me with very good and professional advices on my itinerary planning. I booked through the concierge a car for going to the Great Wall at Mutianyu. The car was good and the driver reliable.

Room and Breakfast
Everything was just perfect. Comfy bed, huge tub, good shower, nice walk-in closet, great selection of food at breakfast…..

Overall
Good hotel at a very good location for tourist. As a tourist, I prefer staying at Wangfujing to CBD and Sanlitun. If you are picky, you may find the lobby a bit small and the tables in the restaurant for breakfast a bit too close to each other. I am very satisfied with my stay at the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
WangfujingGM, General Manager at Hilton Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear dimsum,
Thank you for your extensive review of your recent experience at our hotel. I am pleased to know you appreciated the facilities, breakfast and most of all the friendliness and helpfulness of our staff. I thank you for your recommendation and look forward to your return. Kind regards, Marc de Beer

1,530 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
darmstadt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The hotel is located close to Wangfujing Dajie, seperated from it by a large mall.
Great location, 10 minutes leisurely walk to the subway station, 20 minutes walk to Tianmen Square and the Forbidden City.
This was a repeat visit, mainly to regenerate after 3 weeks in Mongolia.
I had a marvellous room, quiet, roomy and with a comfortable big bed. Once again I was impressed by the excellent service by the friendly and helpful staff. Morrison Wang the Executive Floor Manager and his staff really made a difference. Rarely have I felt so much cared for in a hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear weinweber,
Thank you for your repeat visits to our hotel. We are humbled by your feedback, rating us as perfect. This encourages us to keep providing outstanding service. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again soon. Best regards, Marc de Beer
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Hilton wangfujing is located handily off wangfujing dajie, a central mall strip extending 1.5 km. it is also directly opposite a convenience shop that is similar to a mini supermarket. The hotel itself is impressive, clean, service excellent, staff polite and hard to fault. The pool area and 18m pool was closed for refurbishement while were there but looked nice. The buffet breakfast was good and had plentiful choices...my favourite was the smoked salmon and chinese crepes. Bottled still and mineral water was available from a fridge for you to take and both english and chinese papers available st the buffet. We stayed for 5 days as a family and have only posistive things to say.

Room Tip: Convenience store across the road is great. There is a food court on the 5th floor of the apm mall...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lyn2012,
Thank you for your kind words. I am sorry you didn't get to experience the pool. We had to carry out some emergency repairs, forcing us to close the pool for two days. It has since reopened in its full glory. Hopefully you will have an opportunity to experience it on a future visit. With kind regards, Marc de Beer
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was hoping for better given the brand and advertising claims. The hotel has the location, but falls down some on service and room comfort. Bathrooms poorly designed and western facing rooms very hot in the afternoon even after the peak of summer. Worth looking for alternatives given the value equation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear John_Traveler_11,
I was sorry to learn you were disappointed with your recent stay at our hotel. I am interested to learn more regarding your comment about poorly designed bathrooms. While this is usually a facility people compliment us on, we're always on the lookout for ways to improve. I regret that you experienced an issue with the individually controlled air conditioning in your room. We will try to find out what room you stayed in and do a thorough review. We work hard each day to remain at the top of our game, and I do hope you will give us another chance on a future visit. Sincerely, Marc de Beer
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was our first time to China and we were debating between Marriott and Hilton. Based on other positive reviews, we choose Hilton Wangfujing. As Gold members staying on points, we were upgraded to Club Level room with free breakfast buffet in the restaurant. The room was humongous with seperate bath and shower. Amazingly plush bed, attentive staff. Breakfast buffet was huge with mix of Chines and American dishes including fresh vegetable juice machine.

Cocktail hour in the lounge consisted of lots of different alcohol (we don't drink), hors d' oeuvres, and other desserts.

Location was right by a mall where we had dinner two nights.

Overall an amazing experience, thanks again Hilton for making our trip so special.

Room Tip: Try to get status prior to coming.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear cardigans1,
Thank you for having chosen Hilton Beijing Wangfujing on your first visit to Beijing! I am delighted to know you did not regret your choice and that you rank us up there with Conrad Maldives (our new Chef is joining us next month from Conrad Maldives!). I appreciate your recommendation. Best regards, Marc de Beer
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Very nice hotel close to the shopping street Wangfujing! Great service! When we came back to the hotel in the evenings the room smelled of scented candles and chill out music was on the stereo! The pool and the gym was very nice and clean. I can strongly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Karianne S,
Thank you for recommending our hotel. I am glad you had a satisfying experience. Kind regards, Marc de Beer
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I do a lot of traveling. I'm a Hilton Diamond member so I stay at a lot of Hiltons. But the level of service and friendliness I found during my recent stay at the Hilton Wangfujing was the best experience I have ever had at a Hilton - or really almost any other hotel. I will preface the rest of this review by saying this was a family vacation. Three of my grandsons ages 10, 13, and 16 along with my son-in-law and myself stayed at the hotel for about 8 total days (a bit on and off due to tours). Also, we booked rooms with access to the Executive Floor. I would highly recommend this option if you can, especially with families. Having breakfast provided each morning as well as having a nice place to gather in the morning and recuperate in the afternoon is invaluable.

So back to the review... First, about two weeks prior to arriving, I received an email from Morrison Wang the Executive Floor Manager at the hotel. He introduced himself, reviewed my reservation, and invited me to contact him prior to my arrival if there was anything I needed. I have to say, this is the first time I have been contacted by a hotel prior to my arrival to be sure everything would be as expected. I thought this was a great touch. I was able to contact Morrison and ask questions about transportation access and other logistics of the visit prior to even arriving.

We arrived very early in the morning (1AM). The desk staff was expecting us and after only a few moments at the front desk, ushered us up to the rooms. The rooms were beautiful. Very large and clean. The next morning we went up to the Executive Floor for breakfast and Morrison was there. He remembered the details of our prior email exchange and made sure that everything was going well with our stay both inside and outside of the hotel. The breakfast buffet was very nice including custom omelets (a bit small but tasty and you can always go back for seconds) and a selection of western and Chinese foods.

The hotel itself is located right off Wangfujing Street which is a major shopping area in Beijing. Yes, the area is a bit touristy but it is very close to the Forbidden City and other major attractions. One of the best surprises is the mall -- yes, the mall. As you exit the hotel and turn right, about 100 yards away is the entrance to a very large mall. Normally, I avoid malls like the plague. But as it turns out, this one has a few particularly good restaurants. There is an excellent hot pot restaurant as well as a couple of very nice dumpling restaurants. All very conveniently located. Also, for what it's worth, the Apple Store is right around the corner as well. This turned out to be a convenience as I had left a cable at home. There is also a movie theater that shows English language movies.

While we were there, Wangfujing Street was closed off to car traffic and turned into a large pedestrian mall. It was a lot of fun walking around. There were mostly a lot of Chinese tourists there but a few non-Chinese as well. English communication was generally not a problem. One of the cool quirky places to go is the Wangfujing snack street. It's on the way to the subway station to your right. It's a small, narrow hutong where every kind of food you can imagine is available from the traditional dumplings all the way to scorpions, centipedes, snakes, and whole roasted baby ducks. It was quite the experience.

The Wangfujing subway stop is about a 10-12 minute walk from the hotel. Getting around by subway in Beijing is cheap (30 cents) and easy. Ticket machines all have English instructions and there are English signs at all the subway stops. You can easily walk to Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City from the hotel (about 20-25 minutes), but it was so hot when we were in Beijing, it was just as easy to grab the subway which has nice, cool air-conditioned cars.

Every day when we returned from our outings, either Morrison or one of his staff was there to help up recuperate. It was also good sitting in the lounge and talking to other folks about their adventures. It was during one of these conversations that we learned about the Back Lakes which was another cool place to go in Beijing.

We checked out of the hotel for a couple of days to stay at a small bed and breakfast type place (the Liuhe Courtyard -- also fabulous) and when we returned, the hotel front desk staff immediately recognized us and welcomed us back. It was just like coming home. Oh, by the way, the hotel restaurant has a buffet that is out of this world. Highly recommended.

All in all our stay at the Wangfujing Hilton was fabulous. The rooms were spacious and beautiful and Morrison and his staff went above and beyond to make our stay wonderful. I can't imagine a better hotel to stay in while visiting Beijing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Scott1588,
Thank you for posting your extensive review of your recent Beijing experience. I am pleased that you and your family had a great time and were comfortable in our hotel. The title of your review humbles us and motivates us to continue doing what we love, serving our guests. Wangfujing Street is a permanent pedestrian zone where lots of activities are organized each month. We hope your review will motivate many others to come and experience it. Best regards, Marc de Beer

Been to Hilton Beijing Wangfujing? Share your experiences!