“Amazing Hilton Property” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Beijing Wangfujing

Save Saved
You added Hilton Beijing Wangfujing to your Saves list
Hilton Beijing Wangfujing
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.8 Wangfujing East Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100006, China (Tian'anmen / Wangfujing)   |
Special Offer
Save up to 20% off
Ranked #14 of 5,309 hotels in Beijing
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Amazing Hilton Property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed here for one night for a brief stop in Beijing. Flight from Zurich arrived at 5AM, was assuming I'd have to leave my bags at the front desk but no, they took me straight to the Executive Lounge and checked me right in as an HHonors Gold. They even offered me breakfast at the lounge while they processed my check-in. Simply phenomenal.

My room was in the floor below the executive lounge so it was really easy to just go up and relax up there. The room was superb, very large, comfortable bed, nice bathroom, amazing walk-in closet area, and fantastic mini-bar area. They even came in when I was gone to clean up the bathroom and bed. Probably one of my only gripes of the room was that it probably needs more outlets to plug items in, but that's just a small one and not exactly one they can fix now. Also it was raining the day I arrived and they were nice enough to offer me an umbrella. Not exactly next to any metro stops, but taxis were right outside and the metro was about a 10-15 minute walk away.

HHonor Gold amenities were fantastic: lounge access (which was amazing), welcome amenity from the manager, free breakfast, free internet, and even one free clothing item to get pressed.

The gym was perfectly adequate although a little warm. The pool was also extremely nice with big comfy lounge beds throughout. Don't know why no one was using it, it was one of the much better ones I have ever used.

Breakfast was also very nice, I decided to have it at the hotel restaurant instead of the lounge. Many different options to please anyone. The made to order omelettes were one of the best I've ever had, they took great care and detail into making them.

Overall this is one of the best Hilton's I've stayed at. Rivaling that of the Hilton Frankfurt I stayed at recently. All of the staff knew English, benefits were very generous and the hotel was immaculate. I am glad that I decided to forego the Doubletree Beijing (which was quite a steal for 2k HHonor points) and give this property a shot. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
WangfujingGM, General Manager at Hilton Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear Silverm0623,
Thank you for your glowing endorsement of our property, following your recent stay with us. I am happy to know you enjoyed the Executive Lounge services, breakfast and the pool area. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Beijing. Best regards, Marc de Beer.

1,518 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Schwenksville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed for 6 nights for business. Had problems with A/C in first room but was moved to one of the lifestyle suites which had great A/C. All the rooms are huge for the location and very comfortable for business or pleasure. The showers are a little overdone, but I did use the giant tub on one night. The fitness center equipment is nice, but need to have A/C turned on!! The pool was lovely as well. Ate at the Chinese restaurant - Chyanna? - and enjoyed though pricey. The bar is nice, but pretty quiet. Location is excellent - easy to walk to Tian'anmen and Forbidden City as well as the super pricey shopping on Wangfujing! Would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Anthony B,
Thank you for rating your recent stay with us as great! I apologize for the A/C malfunction in your room, and appreciate you recognizing the way we handled the issue. Our Chynna restaurant offers a fine dining Chinese Restaurant experience with guests typically not spending more than USD 50 per person for a very fulfilling meal. We do run A/C in the gym but have now adapted the temperature settings to maintain 19-20 degrees Celsius. I am glad to see you would stay woth us again and while looking forward to your return, I thank you for your recommendations. Kind regards, Marc de Beer.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The Hilton is as you might expect it to be: a little sterile, extremely American, and squeaky clean. The prices are western-standard and I’m sure there are deals to be had on various aggregating sites, plus you can get free wireless if you become a Hilton Honours member, which saves close to $20 a day. I was here on business and it truly was a very comfortable experience. The service levels were very high and the breakfast in the morning was pricy (included in my package) but very opulent. It was both western and Chinese style and you really could make a very substantial meal of it if you wanted to fuel up for the day.
The hotel is located very close to Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City and just a block from the famous Warfurjing Street—which will make you feel like you’re in any large open-air mall in America, if that’s your thing—and they will of course help you set up just about anything you want tour-wise. There is a “snack street” or evening market just down Warfujing which is certainly designed to separate you from your money but EXTREMELY fun…scorpions on skewers, sugared fruits and pulled-sugar animals, roasted pigeons, that sort of thing. Really worth a look and if you’re adventurous, a bite!
There’s really nothing wrong with this hotel (ok the Chynna restaurant is pretty bland and overpriced, and I only ate there because a colleague was just in and NOT up for going out exploring) but it is simply soul-less. If all you did was come from the airport to here and went to meetings all day and then stayed in and ate at the hotel, you really could be anywhere in the world. Many travellers really find this a plus and I’m sure you’ll not find much to fuss about if this is the kind of travel you like. If you prefer something with intimate service and a “genuine” Beijing feel, may I suggest Mao’er Hutong, an absolutely charming B and B in the heart of Mao’er Hutong only 3 KM from Tiananmen Square and only a few city blocks to the ancient Bell and Drum Towers, and BeHei park. For everyone else who really want things to be a great deal like wherever you come from in the West, there’s nothing wrong with the Hilton Warfujing.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Christa O,
Thank you for having chosen Hilton Beijing Wangfujing for your recent stay in Beijing. I applaud your choice of also experiencing a local B&B during your stay. Obviously we offer a different experience, with 360 local Team Members who all in their own way try to infuse your stay with their own personalities. As a comparison, I loved my riksha experience in Bangkok, but felt nevertheless safer and more comfortable using licensed taxis during the remainder of my three day visit. We will continue to offer a haven of comfort in this exhilirating city, and hope that you will continue to recommend us for that, while at the same time promoting Beijing as an inspiring travel destination. Best regards, Marc de Beer
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed 3 night at the Hilton Wangfuging. First this hotel is very well located if you want to visit Beijing (walking distance to the Forbidden City and a subway station, close to the Temple of Heaven). when you consider the traffic jams in Beijing this is a major plus.
The room was spacious, very well equipped (good internet connection, convenient plugs for international travelers...) and had a very nice bathroom.
The breakfast was excellent and offered a great diversity of food. You have to try the Chinese dishes for breakfast, including the soup (outstanding).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear WorldSki1,
Thank you for sahoring your recent experience at our hotel here on Tripadvisor. I was happy to read you liked the hotel's location, the room and bathroom facilities as well as our extensive breakfast offering. We look forward to welcoming you back in our midst soon. Kind regards, Marc de Beer
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed at Hilton Beijing Wangfujing for 3 nights in early May 2013 for our anniversary, and the hotel itself was one of the memorable highlights of the trip. Upon checkin we were upgraded to an Executive Floor room due to my HHonors Gold status, and were pleasantly surprised to find some romantic decorations to our room acknowledging the special occasion. The room was very large compared to the other two hotels in Beijing I've stayed at, and the layout was excellent. I'll echo other reviews in specifically praising the adjustable arm with dual shower heads - after trying it out we immediately took a photo and decided this was a must-have at home. A lot of connectivity options for all of your gadgets as well (VGA/HDMI ports to the TV next to the desk, plenty of universal power sockets, 30-pin iPod/iPhone dock, and even a USB printer). The bed was excellent for sleeping and overall the room is probably my favorite of all my travels thus far.

The executive lounge is also fabulous - with a wide breakfast buffet spread as well as happy hour in the evening (with champagne! something many others don't offer). It's also very spacious and well designed. I'll also give a special mention to Mr. Stone Du, the executive floor manager, as he was a great host throughout our visit and offered a very personal touch.

On our anniversary day we were surprised to find a tray of two champagne flutes, a cake, and handwritten card congratulating us on the occasion sent to our room! Definitely icing on the cake of an already amazing stay.

The location is excellent as it is right next to Wangfujing street and walking distance (or a very short taxi if you're tired) to must-see attractions such as Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City. There's also a lot of shopping malls and a convenience store across the street for your necessities.

All-in we had a truly amazing stay at this hotel and can't wait to come back

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Aeran87,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hilton Beijing Wangfujing? I was delighted to read you liked the room as well as the Executive Lounge. I have shared your compliments with Stone, who sends his regards. We're happy to know we were able to make your anniversary a little more special and we look forward to your return. Best regards, Marc de Beer.
singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Front desk staff need to be more attentive in getting the booking dates and room number right. One of them gave an occupied room to one guest TWICE. And I was locked out from my room on the 2nd day because they thought I have checked out on that day though my booking's confirmed for 4 nights. The bed and pillows were so uncomfortable that I did not sleep well at all. Had backache after the 2nd night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
WangfujingGM, General Manager at Hilton Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Dear travellingbug_80,
Thank you for having chosen Hilton Beijing Wangfujing during your recent stay in Beijing. I am sorry you were inconvenienced by a wrong check in and expired keys. I would require further details to determine the reason for these incidents. Perhaps you had two consecutive bookings? I was disappointed to read you did not find our beds comfortable. We have installed the highly acclaimed Hilton Serenity beds as found in the majority of Hilton Hotels Worldwide. We do offer a variety of alternative pillows to suit different preferences. I hope we may be able to present the choices to you on a future occassion. Kind regards, Marc de Beer
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The hotel appears to be newer and is in a great walkable location. There is an interesting street market nearby and some more souvenir-type shops as well as a mall. It is not too far to some of the major tourist attractions such as the Forbidden City and the Pearl Market. The hotel has several restaurants. Their breakfast buffet, while not included in the price, is very good. Their wifi access is a bit pricey but they do offer free wifi in the lobby. The rooms are very nice and they have excellent walk-in style closets for your luggage.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear swtravelbug,
Thank you for staying with us recently and for sharing your experience here on Tripadvisor. We are indeed ideally situated close to many attractions and conveniences. We do offer breakfast inclusive rates and our current Great Getaway promotion on the Hilton website offers great value! Thank you for recommending us. Kind regards, Marc de Beer

Been to Hilton Beijing Wangfujing? Share your experiences!