“Amazing hotel (shame you have to go china for it)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Beijing Wangfujing

Save Saved
You added Hilton Beijing Wangfujing to your Saves list
Hilton Beijing Wangfujing
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.8 Wangfujing East Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100006, China (Tian'anmen/Wangfujing)   |
Special Price
Save up to 20% off
Ranked #8 of 4,968 hotels in Beijing
Brisbane
“Amazing hotel (shame you have to go china for it)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I LOVED this hotel. It was amazing. Room was superb with lots of gadgets like electric blinds and tv in the bathroom. The buffet restaurant was excellent. I didnt love Beijing and prob would not go back, but if I did this is exactly where I'd stay. Great spot for access to wangfujing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

1,411 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Norway, ME
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three nights in April 2013. There were many aspects of this hotel which were excellent. The staff was unfailing friendly and helpful. They greeted us every time we entered the hotel and everywhere we went in the hotel. The rooms were excellent. The beds were super comfortable and the AC actually worked, a rarity in China. There is a shower stall separate from a huge tub in the bathroom. There was a nice selection of English channels on the TV including CNN, BBC, HBO, and Cinemax. The are nifty electric shades covering the window, which can be raised or lowered at will, allowing the rooms to be completely dark even during the day, if desired.

I like the location of this hotel, especially if you are in Beijing for the first time or sightseeing. It is close to the famous Night Market and there are many shops and restaurants around. It is only a short walk to the Forbidden City and cool Hutongs (though they are quickly disappearing).

I would like to give this hotel an excellent rating but I was extremely underwhelmed by their breakfast buffet. I have been to many Hiltons and the breakfast at this hotel was average at best. The omelet that I ordered was very runny. The pastries were tasteless. The fruit was under ripe or canned. There were not many meats or cheeses to pick from. I did not try the Chinese dishes for breakfast, perhaps they were better. On the other hand, I ordered the lunch buffet at the hotel one day and it was great. The food was tasty and fresh. I especially liked the differed curry dishes. I am still baffled by the breakfast at this hotel.

Sopot, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The hotel is located in the very heart of Beijing. The rooms are fanstastically designed, big and modern. However the design may not be too applicable for families as there is one room that is the living room, bed room, bathroom, restroom and wardrobe. Nice pool too:) I loved the special tv next to the bathtub ;)

Midlands, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here two nights in the weekend. The hotel is pretty well located – not really walking distance to anything but reasonably in relation to everything; all your travel will be by taxi anyway and generally 30 minutes in a cab will cost you 30-40RMB (£3) so why walk? The hotel has nice little cards which have the Mandarin and English names for the main attractions and also instructions to taxi drivers to return to the hotel, so it is worth taking several of these. I also liked that anytime you enter or leave a cab, the staff give you a ticket telling you the number of the cab etc just in case you forget something or have any other issue.

The lobby area is open and welcoming and the desks were well staffed and very helpful. The rooms were very comfortable, very clean and very spacious. In the rate I had breakfast and the internet was not included; I was ok being offline for a day or two rather than pay the price and the breakfast was too much (£15-£20 ish) for the little amount I eat – a small coffee shop in the lobby will be more than enough for those looking for a drink and a cereal bar. The rooms were very comfortable and clean with the only thing I was not a fan of was that every time you enter the room and insert your key, the television turns onto HBO – a nice touch on check-in perhaps, but a little annoying that it adds a “task” when you enter because normally you will just find the remote and switch it off. I also didn’t understand why the plug sockets were under the table surface – and the table was so close to the wall it would not allow plugs down the gap, meaning you go the long way or crawl under the table and feed it upwards – which is just hassle. Other than these little things though, nothing to really complain about with the generally good room.

Overall very nice hotel; I’m not a fan of the extra charges but I know this is the norm – next time in Beijing I will definitely stay here again.

Sligo, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This really is an excellent hotel. I am a Hilton Diamond member and this was my first time to stay in this property. I have to say its one of the better Hilton hotels I have stayed in world wide. It was very quite and the location was great. The bar and restaurents were really good. Overall, excellent service and amenities. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I went to Beijing for the first time last week. The city ended my 2 weeks long holiday in Hong Kong and China. Since I have not been to Beijing, I had no idea where to stay or which area is easily accessible. After extensive research my choice was Hilton Beijing Wangfujing. I was told by my cousin that it was a good choice since Wangfujing is a famous tourist area. I got to Beijing from Shanghai by high-speed train. My taxi driver seemed to be startled with the address. Then after asking several people I was being dropped off at the macau centre (it is an integrated office space). There is a very small "Hilton" sign. A sign which is confusing to both me and the taxi driver. It doesn't state exactly where is the entrance of the hotel. Luckily there was a nice man who gave me the direction (after being dropped off and I had to drag my luggage around). Apparently the hotel entrance is at the back (in a small alley which is very unsual for a bihg hotel). Once I got to the entrance, there was no concierge or bell boy who greeted me. Again, it was very unusual for a Hilton. The check in process was fast. I booked a Deluxe King Bed room, but it was not available (which is strange since the reservation was confirmed). The room was nice except for the bathroom part. There were too many doors (some is unneccesary in my opinion). The staff is another story. It is a Hilton hotel and it is in Beijing. To my understanding, the staff must master english. There was this particular guy in a concierge who seemed to not understand my requests. There was a line for a taxi outside the lobby, but the funny thing was there was a constant absence of concierge officer outside. Finding a taxi is also difficult at this hotel. Please allow 15-20 minutes fornthe taxi to come. I was fairly disappointed with the service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The Hilton Wangfujing is so far my favorite hotel in Beijing (and I have tried a few hotels there, both personally and professionally). The staff is smart efficient and welcoming, the facilities are new and clean. the food is reliable and varied. They have an awsome brunch and a great spa. It definitely has an influence on how pleasurable your Beijing experience will be.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton Beijing Wangfujing? Share your experiences!