I get about for my work, and my wife and I like to travel. So I've stayed in some hotels. This is the best hotel I've stayed in. My only regret is that it was only for two nights!
We used one of their cars to pick us up from the airport, the arrival/check-in experience wasn't as slick as the Hilton in Shanghai, but it was all good. Three of us rocked up together, and we were all processed efficiently and simply.
The rooms were huge, in fact I think I'd say too big! it felt like the dressing room, where my bags were stored, were at the other end of the city!
I'm Hilton HHonors gold, so that means I get extra stuff, this case there were some cakes and Chinese sweets in my room, a really nice touch. You might say big deal, but as they are still in my mind, clearly it is a personal touch that works.
The bed was huge and comfy, I so wish I could have a Saturday morning 'sleep in' in one of them!
Rarely for me, we ate at the Chinese restaurant in the hotel one evening, it was very good food, a touch expensive, but great food. Check out the deep fried fish, I've even taken pictures and put them online.
As a tip, the other night, we ate in one of the restaurants on the ground floor of the shopping mall which is just out of the door and too the right. We chose the Szechuan restaurant, four of us (one from Shanghai all rated it).
Breakfast was good, lots of choice, and the servers were attentive without being overbearing.
My colleagues and I had a discussion over dinner about what we could find fault with.. And to be honest we had to think pretty hard to come up with anything, and these are all so trivial!
Two of us ordered coffee at the bar, and they took such a long time that we had to remind them! (big deal in the big picture!).
The light switches in the room seem to have been worked out with no logic on the positioning of the switch in conjunction to the actual light! (luxury problem?).
that was it..
I'd stay here again in a heart beat..!
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Beijing Wangfujing Hotel Beijing
- Hilton Beijing Wangfujing Hotel
- Hilton International Beijing
- Hilton International Beijing Wangfujing
- Beijing Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Beijing Wangfujing sets the standard for modern comfort. Located on famous Wangfujing Street, the hotel is within an easy walk to the Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square. This intimate, lifestyle hotel features 255 guestrooms and suites with highly sophisticated in-room entertainment. The Hilton Beijing Wangfujing specializes in pairing ideal meeting venues with impeccable service. Gourmet palates will relish the fine range of restaurants and lounges offering an eclectic choice of contemporary cuisine and cocktails in chic surroundings. Escape to the peaceful, rejuvenating solitude of the spa. Combining traditional Chinese hospitality with warm and personalized service and an intimate lifestyle ambience, Hilton Beijing Wangfujing is worth discovering. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Ctrip DaoDao and Elong so you can book your Hilton Beijing Wangfujing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.