This hotel has an amazing location in heart of Wangfujing. Walking distance to many attractions including "Forbidden City" and a stone's throw away from MRT station and a big, modern shopping mall. It's also surrounded by interesting restaurants and minutes from a pretty good Irish Pub (Moly Malone's) and Morton's Steak House (@ Regent Hotel). Then there are of course 1949, Da Dong and Quanjude restaurants, all serving great Peking Duck! All whit in walking distance.
The hotel itself is more of a boutique type. On the smaller side, specially when you consider it's in Beijing where everything is grand. They are usually filled to capacity mainly owing to being the only Hilton branded hotel in this part of town. This will probably change once the Conrad and the Waldorf Astoria (Just up the street from this Hilton) open up. At current occupancy levels the hotel does seem a bit overwhelmed and understaffed.
Rooms are of a generally good size and designed in a dark theme. Unfortunately the dark colors do bring out the wear and tear of the furniture and floors even though the hotel is really a few years old. Bathroom fittings are great. Lighting is quite OK.
They have a great GM however who is on top of his game. Also very friendly staff at the lounge.
Overall while not impressive, it does have a lot of positive points going for it.
Would probably stay here as my second choice when in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Beijing Wangfujing sets the standard for modern comfort. Located on famous Wangfujing Street, the hotel is within an easy walk to the Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square. This intimate, lifestyle hotel features 255 guestrooms and suites with highly sophisticated in-room entertainment. The Hilton Beijing Wangfujing specializes in pairing ideal meeting venues with impeccable service. Gourmet palates will relish the fine range of restaurants and lounges offering an eclectic choice of contemporary cuisine and cocktails in chic surroundings. Escape to the peaceful, rejuvenating solitude of the spa. Combining traditional Chinese hospitality with warm and personalized service and an intimate lifestyle ambience, Hilton Beijing Wangfujing is worth discovering. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotel.de, Ctrip TA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Beijing Wangfujing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Beijing Wangfujing Hotel Beijing
- Hilton International Beijing Wangfujing
- Beijing Hilton