“Nice location, excellent style” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Beijing Wangfujing

You added Hilton Beijing Wangfujing to your Saves list
Hilton Beijing Wangfujing
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.8 Wangfujing East Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100006, China (Tian'anmen / Wangfujing)   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #14 of 5,424 Hotels in Beijing
4.5 of 5 stars 1,627 Reviews
Charleston, South Carolina
“Nice location, excellent style”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This hotel is well situated in a nice area. The rooms are spacious and well laid out. Shopping mall is right down the same block, where you can find necessities. Service in this hotel is top notch. Breakfast for Gold and diamond members interesting combination of east/west choices. Overall, would definitely recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
roma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Hotel is a central location, not far from Tienanmen square. The room is definitively nice, but to find the switch for the lights it has been a nightmare....the front desk has been not so friendly, and also the concierge. The restaurant with waitresses speaking just Chinese, and the waiter finally speaking English told me that a long waiting to be served was expected...(sic). At 10 pm everything was closed, no music, no bar, nothing.....there are for sure best facilities in Beijing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
WangfujingGM, General Manager at Hilton Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear musicmanRoma,

Thank you for having chosen to stay at Hilton Beijing Wangfujing recently and for sharing your experience here. I was disappointed to learn you did not experience the level of service we are known for. I am unaware of light switches placed in awkward positions. Perhaps you could let me know the specific room you stayed in for me to review?
While our restaurants do close at 10 PM, our Flames Bar is open until 1 AM and offers a food menu too. I am at a loss as to why you did not receive this information. I apologize for leaving you with such a poor impression. I hope you will allow us on your next visit to Beijing to properly show you our facilities, including the location of the light switches. Kind regards, Marc de Beer
Frankfurt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed two nights in this excellent hotel and I must admit that I would possibly book again provided the rates would be somewhere around RMB 1600-2000/night. The rooms are big and nicely renovated.

Only a Sauna is missing which is actually not understandable considering the size and the class of the hotel. They even have a nice swimming pool but nobody is using it as the water is a bit cold.

I have stayed in many 5 star properties in Beijing but would possibly go into this hotel again because of the good service, nice room and especially the perfect location. Forbidden city is in walking distance.

Dear logman1000,

Thank you for having chosen our property for your recent visit to Beijing. I was pleased to read you would choose us again for a future visit. We have reviewed the temperature of the swimming pool and are ensuring it is kept at a comfortable 29 degrees Celsius.
Best regards, Marc de Beer
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The Hilton Beijing Wangfujing is a great hotel which does not dissappoint. From the moment of arrival until departure, the hotel staff made us feel welcome and were very helpful. We were upgraded to the lifestyle suite with a view of the shopping district. Within walking distance from the hotel, there is plenty of shopping, Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, restaurants and easy access to the transport system. The concierge was very helpful in assisting us with booking tours and finding various places around the city. The Executive Lounge was one of the best I have seen in all the Hilton hotels I have stayed in over time. I definitely recommend this hotel if you plan to visit Beijing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Emory, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times, it is the best, From the desk clerks, to the Executive Lounge to Elvis at Concierge Desk to Jason and Rick at the Restaurant gives all their service with a smile and made my stay very welcome every time. I will return to this hotel again and again in a heart's beat.

Room Tip: This hotel is located in the center of all attractions, it is a couple of blocks from the Forbidden...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

As with most hotels in China, I was disappointed overall. The basic rooms are not ones I would stay in. The hotel does seem to treat Diamonds well upgrading us to Lifestyle suite although I would ask for a better upgrade if I stayed there again as the room layout is very strange although a very nice room. The disappointment started at arrival when there was no one out front to greet us or deal with our luggage and the front desk seemed very unconcerned with no one being out front when I brought it to their attention. Fortunantly, I skipped the front desk and went to the lounge for check in where the staff seemed far superior. Certainly, management in the lounge were excellent. Some staff, even in the lounge, spoke very little English and frustrated many guests trying to obtain assistance on a number things only to have to wait for a manager to be available to help. The food offerings were excellent by U.S. standards, but very poor compared with other Asian hotel lounges. Also, the lounge closes at 9 and only offers drinks from 6-8 or some very limited period like that. There is also no steam room or pool at the hotel. although this is rated #1 on tripadvisor for some reason, I would only choose it if it is less than the various 5 star hotels in the area that are better. I say that as when I stayed the Hilton was pricey and seemed to at the level of top 5 star hotels, except the Ritz which was still twice the price. As the hotel touts, you can walk to Forbidden City and you right next to the pedestrian zone which has its own small market and night food stalls, which are worth a look to see grilled scorpians, starfish and all sorts of insects on a stick.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear hotlanta2,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the Hilton Beijing Wangfujing. I apologize that no one was available out front to assist with your bags. I have addressed this with the concerned department.
Thank you for your compliments on the lounge, however, we do serve drinks all day long, from 6 AM until 11 PM, with a cocktail hour food buffet added from 6 - 8 PM.
The Lifestyle Suite you occupied are one of our more popular room types because of the large windows and long bathroom that stretched the entire length of the room, behind the bed. It is certainly not your usual hotelroom lay-out. I regret it was not to your liking.
While we indeed do not have a steam room, I am surprised you missed our swimming pool on the 6th floor. It is located behind the Spa and Fitness room. I hope you will allow us an opportunity to show it to you on a next visit. Kind regards, Marc de Beer
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

For close access to Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City, the location of Hilton Wangfujing is great. The staff area also friendly and helpful, and the rooms very clean and modern. The nespresso machine in the room gives it an extra star in my opinion! But on the negative side, the room was too modern for me. The complicated light switches were enough to convince me never to stay here again! I prefer the other Hilton in Beijing. But that's just me personally, I'm sure others would find the super-modern dark interior very appealing. I just found it plain irritating to spend 5 minutes trying to turn on the bedroom lights and then fumbling for the bathroom light in the middle of the night. The various different kinds of master switches also completely confused me and just annoyed me by the end of my stay. I felt like I was in a bad dream with dimmed lights the whole time! It was also nearly impossible to get a taxi, but on the positive side it did mean we had a fun rickshaw ride home one night! If you visit the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall, take the toboggan down - good fun! Absolutely beautiful in late October and we went on a weekday afternoon and it was practically deserted.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Beijing Wangfujing? Share your experiences!