“Contemporary hotel near forbidden city” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Beijing Wangfujing

You added Hilton Beijing Wangfujing to your Saves list
Hilton Beijing Wangfujing
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.8 Wangfujing East Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100006, China (Tian'anmen / Wangfujing)   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #13 of 5,417 Hotels in Beijing
St. Johns, MI
“Contemporary hotel near forbidden city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012 via mobile

I only stay one night in this hotel just for business trip. The facility is super! I really enjoy the bath and shower design is unique. The hotel room service was nice, but the food need improve. I ordered Mango salard but.....:(. I really enjoy the breakfast.

Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Helsingborg, Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Having viewed the other peoples thoughts about this hotel I had high expectation. I decided to get a executive suite. Well, it turned out that the room was very tired and so was the personal. Or rather they tried to pretend that this was a 5-star hotel, but in a old fashioned way as one could have expected it to be several years ago in China. I had access to the Executive lounge. What a joke. It looked like it was designed 20 years ago, the personal was perhaps trying but didn't succeed at all to give first class service. Their English was poor and they just didn't know how the work should be done.
In summery, this is not at all a 5 star hotel. I'm sure there are much better hotels to stay in when visiting Beijing. As a matter of fact I also stayed at Holiday In Haidan and although it was rated as a 4 star hotel it was a lot better than Hilton.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
WangfujingGM, General Manager at Hilton Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Dear Resplatser,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Beijing Wangfujing. I was saddened to learn of your disappointment with our facilities and service. While usual wear and tear exists, we have a robust program in place to restore furniture pieces. I regret that your suite had not yet been touched this year. The hotel, including the lounge, has been designed in a contemporary style, which nowadays often includes retro effects. It is a highly subjective matter, and I appreciate that not everyone will like it. More important to me is the service failure you experienced. This is highly unusual for particularly the lounge, where I receive consistently complimentary feedback, also outside of tripadvisor. I have been able to identify the weekend of your stay and will review with the manager what was different those days. I am truly sorry that we were unable to leave you with the impression that the vast majority of our guests have. While I cannot change the design, I am committed to restore your faith in our 5 star services. Should you return to Beijing someday, do contact me directly to allow us to make amends. Kind regards, Marc de Beer
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

I found the hotel by using trip advisor as it was my first time staying in Beijing, and as I was travelling on business I would be staying alone. The hotel organised a tour for me to 'The Great Wall' which was excellent, and also the 'Ming Tombs'. The service was excellent, bar the obvious language issues, which are to be expected. As I'm not familiar with the city, I relied on the hotel car service which was mostly efficient. I have no other hotels to compare with in Beijing, but I do believe I would stay there again if I travel to Beijing.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

I am a frequent traveler, and always looking for the best. Hilton is one of the hotels with the best room, service and amenities. The hotel is located near the forbidden city, you can opt to walk or take a cab. APM mall is also beside the hotel which is adjacent to the famous Wangfujing shopping district. Literally, a minute walk from the district. Hilton is just a 16th floor hotel, which makes it very homey. A nice feeling compared to other big hotels. At the lobby you can see a big glassed fire place and a small lounge/restaurant.There are 3 high speed elevators which makes it easier to go up and down the hotel. In the 5th floor, hotel restaurants are located, the gym,indoor pool,spa and serenity garden all located in the 6th floor. Lastly, the executive lounge, in the 16th floor. It opens at 6am to 11pm. I was able to enjoy my stay in the hotel especially in their lounge since it was a nice place to just chill after a long and tiring day of sightseeing. All is unlimited from coffee to tea and soda. They are also offering breakfast (if you don't like to go in their restaurant), afternoon tea and cocktails at night, (serving different kinds of liquors and spirits). For the area of service, all hotel staffs can speak english, so you can ask them before you leave the hotel since Chinese people don't know how to speak English. The concierge and door man were all very helpful during our stay, they even printed a map (including Km complete address, chinese translation) for us not to get lost. VERY HELPFUL. As for the staffs in the executive lounge, I watched them during our stay and they have the skills of what we call WORLD CLASS SERVICE. They know how to anticipate the needs of their guest. I was impressed since I am also working and training in a hotel and restaurant industry.

On the lighter side,
Our food during our breakfast was just an average. For our four days stay in the hotel there were no changes in the menu. So in my third and fourth day i almost ate nothing since I was bored and saturated already. I'm expecting a variety of food since it is a 5 star hotel. Breads have approximately, 6-7 kinds. cheeses (3-4 kinds) etc.5-6 main viands.
For their amenities: Gym was a little bit small. Pool area is superb though there was a slight downfall, the foot wash was really cold and a little bit dirty. Strands of hair were visible.
Wifi is free but only in the executive lounge and if you will bring your laptop you can access through LAN in your room for free. (ONLY at executive rooms)

But overall I would highly recommend the hotel and book an executive room to get all the privileges of the hotel

Room Tip: Get the executive rooms-unlimited access in executive lounge
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
WangfujingGM, General Manager at Hilton Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, March 24, 2012
Dear clip_ciao,

Thank you for your detailed review. Great to see you felt pampered and well looked after. I have been able to trace the cold foot bath back to a malfunctioning heating unit, it has been repaired. We will be sure to monitor thgis area more frequently during the day to keep it clean. I have shared your feedback on breakfast with the Chef, and we are in the process of adding daily changing breakfast items to the buffet. Besides that, in the restaurant we have at least three chefs on hand every morning to cook anything you like to order. In the Executive Lounge we have one dedicated Chef during breakfast for that same purpose. We want you to feel at home, without having to do the cooking yourself of course! Looking forward to your return visit. Best regards, Marc de Beer
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

I'm a business traveler and because of work in the Wangfujing area, I stay at this Hilton every time. I've stayed in this hotel over a dozen times and never been disappointed. Rooms are very spacious with comfortable beds. I love the bathrooms in particular, it's just so nice and relaxing sitting in the tub watching TV after a long day at work... Room service is good too. The pool and gym are a little small but still very nice. I just like this hotel a lot...

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

My wife and I are just about to complete a weeks stay at the Hilton Beijing Wangfujing. The hotel lived up to all positive reviews we have read and more. The hotel is just the right size, not too big, nor to small. We are celebrating an anniversary and the hotel manager and staff did an outstanding job of making us feel welcome. Arranging a ride from the airport through the hotel is a great option, we were greeted outside the plane and in our car in no time. Great location in the city centre, very helpful staff throughout hotel. Gym is smallish but has everything you need, especially at 3 am when you are adjusting to the time change. Lounge on the 16th floor is an oasis.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

This hotel has a very good location. It is within walking distance of the Forbidden City and there is a very large shopping centre right next door if you need anything. Lots of restaurants nearby. The rooms are large and nicely appointed. Great bathrroms with glassed in showers and claw-foot soaker tubs. There is even a TV above the bathtub! The breakfast buffet was very nice. We had dinner at Chynna and the food was some of the best we'd had although expensive. The staff were helpful. There is construction on one side of the hotel and it can be noisy. Try to get a room away from the construction. The club lounge was also very nice with good service and food.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the construction.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear northvan05,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience here on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to see you enjoyed your stay. With regards to the construction, they celebrated the topping off last week, so there should be a lot less noise. A dozen or so of our rooms face the site, albeit one block away and across the street, behind the office tower that forms part of our building. Noise disturbance from this site is really rare. We look forward to welcoming you or your fellow Vancouverites back to Beijing soon! Kind regards, Marc de Beer

Been to Hilton Beijing Wangfujing? Share your experiences!