We stayed for three nights prior to going on a cruise. We had coach tours and transfers organised so the location wasn't too much of an issue but our evenings were free and we found there wasn't too much choice for eating out locally although the two places we favoured were very good.
We were told by the staff that if we went too far we would find difficulty getting a taxi to bring us back which put us off going in to the city which was a disappointment, unfortunately it was some distance to the nearest subway too so we didn't go.
The rooms were well appointed and for the time we stayed it was fine.If I returned to Beijing I might try to find a hotel closer to a rail station though
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome to Holiday Inn Express Beijing Temple of Heaven. The hotel is strategically located in Beijing historic downtown, in the neighborhood of the Temple of Heaven Park and 10 minutes drive to the Tiannenmen Square, Forbidden City, National Grand Theater,WangfuJing Pedestrian and Qianmen Ancient Shopping Street. The hotel features 316 well appointed guest rooms functionally equipped with a 32 inch LCD television set, satellite and 35 cable channels including CNN, HBO, Phoenix and in-room safe.Guests are entitled free to wireless high-speed internet connection in-room or at any public area within the hotel and complimentary use of computers in the business center. More so, free breakfast is included. Other hotel facilities include a meeting room, unique concept Great Room F&B outlet, self-service laundry and ticketing vending machine. Holiday Inn Express Beijing Temple of Heaven is a wise choice for business and leisure travelers alike who desire a new level of comfort at prices that make them smile from ear to ear.Hotel Address and Direction:--No.36 Nanwei Road, Xuanwu District, 100050 Beijing, P.R.C--Located at the Nanwei Road, on the opposite site of Tiantan Park West gate and 700m s drive West from the Tianqiao Department Store.From Beijng Capital Airport to HotelTake the airport transfer bus to Xi Dan or Fang Zhuang stop and get a cab to the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Beijing Temple Of Heaven reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Beijing Temple Of Heaven Hotel Beijing
- Beijing Holiday Inn Express