We stayed in this hotel for 10 days during our trip to Beijing. We were very pleased with the hotel. Our room was clean and well maintained, and the staff was very friendly and helpful, arranging and calling cabs for us so we did not have to hail them on the street, since, as other reviewers have correctly noted, some cabbies did not seem inclined to stop for foreigners, perhaps it is because we were there during National Week, a major Chinese holiday. The staff was very helpful, and went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. There is a small convenience store that is attached to the front of the hotel, I don't think they are connected to the hotel, but you could get soda and light snacks there, and the prices were quite reasonable.
Breakfast was included in our stay. It seemed that if you came down when the restaurant first opened, there would be mostly Chinese style breakfast choices on the buffet. Around 8:30 it seemed that the buffet choices would change over to more of a "western" style breakfast, with scrambled or hard boiled eggs, bacon (sometimes) sausage (sometimes) and beans in tomato sauce. There was always toast, jams and cold cereals available, as well as fresh cut watermelon daily. Not the most exciting breakfasts offered, but you are in a hotel, and the food was fresh and hot and enough to get you going on your busy day.
The hotel does offer dinner, but it did not seem interesting to us, and we found some wonderful authentic Chinese restaurants (Peking Duck) within walking distance.
The hotel is conveniently located. It is not in the busy part of Beijing, so you get a good night's sleep. it is within walking distance of the Temple of Heaven.
We felt our stay was worth the price we paid, and would recommend to others.
To operate the air conditioning in your room, you need to insert one of your room key cards into the slot right inside the door. Keep in mind that if you remove the card, the air conditioning will turn off, so if you want to have a nice cool room when you return from a busy day of sightseeing, leave one of your key cards in the slot. We heard so many people in the dining room complaining that their air conditioning did not work (it was very hot when we were there in October). It was actually because they did not know they needed to use the room key to turn the unit on.
Ask the hotel staff to order cabs for you.
Make sure you get a hotel card with the name and address of the hotel written in Chinese, so you can show it to a cab driver when you want to return to the hotel after your day is finished.
Let the hotel arrange for your transport back to the airport.
The hotel also can arrange day trips to all of the various sites in Beijing, such as The Great Wall. We booked one trip to The Great Wall through the hotel, and had a remarkable, unforgettable day!! The guide spoke excellent English, we had an air conditioned van, and we get to see and do much more than we expected. Well done.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome to Holiday Inn Express Beijing Temple of Heaven. The hotel is strategically located in Beijing historic downtown, in the neighborhood of the Temple of Heaven Park and 10 minutes drive to the Tiannenmen Square, Forbidden City, National Grand Theater,WangfuJing Pedestrian and Qianmen Ancient Shopping Street. The hotel features 316 well appointed guest rooms functionally equipped with a 32 inch LCD television set, satellite and 35 cable channels including CNN, HBO, Phoenix and in-room safe.Guests are entitled free to wireless high-speed internet connection in-room or at any public area within the hotel and complimentary use of computers in the business center. More so, free breakfast is included. Other hotel facilities include a meeting room, unique concept Great Room F&B outlet, self-service laundry and ticketing vending machine. Holiday Inn Express Beijing Temple of Heaven is a wise choice for business and leisure travelers alike who desire a new level of comfort at prices that make them smile from ear to ear.Hotel Address and Direction:--No.36 Nanwei Road, Xuanwu District, 100050 Beijing, P.R.C--Located at the Nanwei Road, on the opposite site of Tiantan Park West gate and 700m s drive West from the Tianqiao Department Store.From Beijng Capital Airport to HotelTake the airport transfer bus to Xi Dan or Fang Zhuang stop and get a cab to the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Ctrip TA so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Beijing Temple Of Heaven reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Beijing Temple Of Heaven Hotel Beijing
- Beijing Holiday Inn Express