“Quality hotel - choose something more central if you are a tourist though” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun

You added Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.106 Zhichun Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100086, China (Zhongguancun)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #85 of 5,423 Hotels in Beijing
4.0 of 5 stars 368 Reviews
Australia
“Quality hotel - choose something more central if you are a tourist though”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Crowne Plaza is a beautiful hotel, very well
maintained with high levels of service from the receptionists to the bell boys. The English spoken by staff was adequate, all were very friendly and polite.

The room itself was huge! There was also a Gigantic bathroom with full sized bath and shower along with a western toilet (which blocked sporadically but was always attended to by housekeeping). Beds were comfortable, good selection of english speaking channels on the TV. Housekeeping was superb, the room was spotless after every service. We didn't opt to purchase the wifi, however our iPhones were still able to access it (our iPad couldn't connect however.)

The major downside from the perspective of a tourist is the location. It's a good 40 minute ride on the MRT into the centre of town, and although it is cheap (only 2RMB for the journey) you should bear in mind that the metro is often crowded and seats are rarely available. We found the journey tiresome and laborious after a few days and would definitely stay closer to the city centre if we were visiting Beijing again.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Netanya, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

A very nice hotel, I've been here for a convention and few distributors visit, the location was great, breakfast was reach and tasty, service very good.

the room was very nice and not to small.
I will definitely will visit here again.

Room Tip: not smoking and king size bed
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Kirkland, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stay once or twice a year for a week or more when working with the Microsoft teams. I find this hotel to be very quiet and provides solid services less than a mile from the Microsoft buildings. The breakfast buffet is outstanding and since it's my favorite meal of the day it's perfect.

The service is excellent and the staff is proficient in English for the most part. There is a McDonalds about 4 blocks and the subway is also close and will get you wherever you want to go.

The rooms are a little dated (or traditional depending on your viewpoint) but they are very comfortable and quiet. Comfortable bed not too firm and a definite variety of pillows. A 5 piece bathroom with one of the best showers I have been in at a hotel. The soaking tub gets used every trip and is very relaxing. 32" flat screens have connections for dvd, hdmi to connect your pc or tablet, and a very nice picture. The room is also well lighted and very clean. The service staff is excellent.

I have only stayed in two other hotels in Beijing but i can say this one is the biggest bang fo rthe buck.

Room Tip: The higher the better but that goes for most hotels. elevators are centrally located and rarely bus...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Duesseldorf, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I visited the Crowne Plaza in Zhongguancun when I was in Beijing on business. The only reason I chose this hotel was that it was relatively close to a customer's location.

The hotel itself is fairly modern. It is very clean, and has a good, helpful reception. The rooms themselves are on the small side, but definitely large enough. The bathroom is huge in comparison to the room, though. The hotel has surprisingly fast internet. I was able to use skype without problems.

They have a fairly good breakfast buffet with both Chinese and Western specialties.

The hotel is situated well outside Beijing center, so it is not a good choice for tourists. Tianamen square is about an hour away, as is the airport. There are some large electronics markets within walking distance that have nearly every electronics components anyone could possibly want, though it has a very bazaar feel.

All in all, good hotel, but not really for tourists.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed 3 nights for business in club room. Decor is of old style but enough space. Bath mat had black stain which I wasn't too fancy about. In house service was very good. But the concierge provided excellent service which I was very pleased. However, there was not much to do around the hotel and you need to travel abit to downtown.

Arrived at the hotel around 9:30pm at night and had dinner at the cafe. Food was terrible and the waiters/waitresses seemed not aware of the bell ringing from the kitchen even though I heard it very clearly. And I was very hungry waiting for them to bring me food. I wasn't very pleased.

Breakfast in the cafe was of good variety but quality is lacking for a so called five star hotel. Swissotel was certainly much better. There is not much choice at all in the club lounge for breakfast either.

Wifi speed was very good though.

I would recommend it if you are there for business in the area but defnitely not for leisure trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
zhongguancun, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Hotel Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience during your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun. Being our valued guest, your opinion and feedback is extremely important to us, as it will help us to further enhance and shape our service in delivering a truly memorable and authentic experience to our customers.

I do apologize that we were not able to accomplish your expectation of service and product this time and I have made note of the few particular areas you felt that we have room to improve. Specially your suggestion of café dinner service has been addressed with my team.

I know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose our hotel for your future travel needs and I look forward to welcome you back soon.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed 3 nights at this hotel for business. Hotel is very close to Peking University where I need to work for couple of days. The most impressive part of this hotel is staff. Nearly everyone I met at this hotel are friendly, helpful and professional. I stayed at Executive Floor room on 19th floor. Check in and check out are very smooth, room is big and in good condition. Mid of Oct, Beijing is cooling down and getting cold. However the room is pretty warm, I try to turn down the air condition but all I get is warm air (room temp is 24-25 C). I try to contact front desk, they told me Beijing is a green city, AC had only hot air in winter. Staff suggested I can open my window or change another room. Well I can not be bothered for only 3 nights. Bathroom is impressive, big and modern, executive floor is pretty average, nothing special there. This hotel has big swimming pool and great gym, I did use these facilities every morning. Breakfast at ground floor lounge bar is good, a lot of options to choose, you can use cafe machine get some real coffee as well. Not the best coffee I had but not bad either. There are subway stations on either side of the hotel, probably 5 minutes walk from the hotel. This is first time I stayed in this hotel, I wish the hotel could "communicate" better with guests on warm rooms. A communication letter could explain everything. All in all it was a relatively pleasant stay and I will come back again if I visit this part of the town again.

Room Tip: higher floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for spending your recent 3 nights at Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun. I truly appreciate your feedback on your experience, but at the same time apologize for the warm guest rooms. Our employees tried to communicate the reason for AC failure, the truth is every spring and autumn we face challenges to adjust the day and night time temperature to our air conditioning system, a challenge we were not able to completely fix yet. Certainly, we are a Silver-level Green Globe hotel, and do encourage employees and guests to protect the environment by reducing waste of energy. Your idea to offer a communication letter will be implemented to ensure, guests are aware of our initiatives to better contribute for global environmental sustainably.

Once again, thank you for your business and feedback.

With best regards,
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Was a very nice hotel, the room was very comfortable and the food was amazing. The staff spoke good English and were very helpful.

I had a lovely big bath in the room and could relax there after a hard day at work.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun during your recent stay. Very glad to learn, that all went well and truly appreciate your kind feedback. Our large sized day-light bathrooms and bathtubs are quite popular, and offer exactly your described benefits: Relax after a hard day at work.

Thank you again, and hope to welcome you to Beijing soon again.

Best wishes,
Damir Raab

Been to Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun? Share your experiences!