This hotel is probably one of my favs in Beijing if not China. If you are into art, minimalist design, and chic vibe then this is worth considering. Location is great right in the heart of Sanlitun next to the Village which if full of some of the city's best F&B trendy scene. Down the street are the embassies. If you plan to hang out in Sanlitun a lot then this is the one hotel you should consider especially considering how hard it is to get taxis in the city. The service is very top notch as it is run by Swire group which is known for good service and quality.
- customer service (although checkin process was a bit slow even though it was checkin on iPads)
- rooms - smallest studios were 45sqm and cool minimalist design
- complementary mini-bar...anything in it and quality beers and soft drinks
- breakfast...not your typical hotel buffet but order whatever you want a la carte...
- location....heart of Sanlitun if you are into good nightlife, shopping, and F&B
- bike rental
- relaxation...this hotel caters to just chilling out
- decoration....hotel has some famous pieces of artwork in the lobby
- turndown in evening....then send you free facemasks to relax
- wooden bathtub and rainforest shower...awesome!
- comfortable beds
- pricier than your typical hotel, but not too bad compared to the 5 stars
- my room was quiet but I heard some rooms facing the street can be noisy
- no good loyalty program. if you get a discounted rate then no points at all
Overall great for single travelers or young couples as this is a very hipster type of hotel. It will enhance your experience as it has an Asian zen spin to its design so you feel like you are living in Beijing style. Also great for business travelers if the location fits your biz or you want don't want to go too far away from your hotel with good F&B options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Opposite House features 99 luxuriously appointed guest studios designed by the renowned Japanese architect, Kengo Kuma. Designed to provide a sense of space, warmth and comfort, studios start from 45/481 sqm/sqf, which are arguably some of the largest in Beijing. They come fitted with signature wooden floorings and oak tubs. Partnering with well-known Shanghai based Australian restaurateur David Laris and restaurant designers Neri & Hu, we offer an intoxicating blend of restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Otel, Ctrip DaoDao, getaroom.com, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your The Opposite House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Opposite House Hotel Beijing
- The Opposite Hotel
- Opposite Hotel Beijing