“An unforgetablly upsetting experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Heritage

Heritage
6/F, Wanda Soft Hotel, No.93 Jian'guo Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China (Formerly Le Pre Lenotre) (Guomao)
010-85996666
Improve this listing
Ranked #491 of 9,461 Restaurants in Beijing
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Doing business
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Guomao
Beijing, China
“An unforgetablly upsetting experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

My husband and I picked this place for our 5th anniversary + valentine's day dinner. I regret immensely later on....

The dinner went ok, although I did not fancy the duck chest or the dissert that much. What really kills the day was at the check-out. I did not find out until the next day when I received my electronic credit card bill that I was charged RMB3,000 (which is approx. US$475) ON TOP OF what I spent (RMB2,488 for the set dinner). I called the restaurant and they told me to wait while they checked to see what happened. They called back in the afternoon and told me that their server who helped me with the bill made a mistake by placing both bills of my table and my neighboring table on my credit card. But the point is I never signed the 3,000 bill, and the transaction still went through.... They didn't offer any timeline for a solution but told me to wait for them to "sort things out with their finance dept.". Then they did not contact me until I called back the next day, and found out what their version of the solution is: to get the right person to pay the bill first, then they'd get their bank to refund the money to my credit card bank, which takes at least 30 working days - I was told.

So at this point, I am totally disappointed and upset, feeling that I am being punished for someone else's mistake. And that mistake was made by a 5-star hotel + a so-called Michelin restaurant -- so you know how unreliable these things can be. And most disappointing is the way they have been handling this incident: I don't feel any part of real regrests from their part, and their real concern is to make sure to get someone to pay for the 3,000 bill. I even got a feeling that their finance dept. would probably not do the refund for me until they get the right person to get it paid. What kind of logic is that?! This incident totally ruined my anniversary in retrospect....

So in light of what happened to me 48 hours ago after I paid RMB2,488 (which is approx. US$400), I would NOT recommend this restaurant to anyone!

Visited February 2012

London
“Very good French fine dining restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

The Dining area and atmosphere is excellent, and the service is top notch.

The pan seared foie gras is amazing, and very delicious. The goose liver foie gras is also excellent. The suckling pig as the main is very good as well. The meat is juicy and nicely cooked, and the skin is just rightly done, not overly crispy. And the sauce complementing the sucking pig is again divine. Though the beef was ok, average.

A large selection of wine, mostly French of course. We had a very good bottle of red with our meal.

The price is expensive for Beijing. Though this is expected for French fine dining, with excellent service and its location. The price is similar to fine dining compared to London.

A great place for a special occasion.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Not bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011 via mobile

The food is good but not wow
The service is quite good compare to other places we have been in Beijing

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hong Kong, China
“Okay but has room for improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2009

I must admit, comparing to 6-8 years ago, Beijing sure has come a long way when it comes to fine dining and french cuisine.

Le Pre Lenotre is a prime example. I really like the simple yet elegant decor. The menu however offers very few choices to choose from. We ordered the lobster salad and pan seared foie gras for appetizers and they were pretty good. But it was tale of 2 cities when it came to the main courses. The lamb loin and duck breast were very very average.

Having been to Shanghai and Beijing for fine dining, I think Beijing still got some catching up to do.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“No doubt the best french...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2008

No doubt the best french restaurant in beijing, in the mood to spend, be rewarded with great food.