“Review” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Beijing Sanyuan

You added Ibis Beijing Sanyuan to your Saves list
Ibis Beijing Sanyuan
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Building B, Fenghuang City, 5A Shuguang Xili, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100028, China (China International Exhibition Centre)   |
Ranked #591 of 5,423 Hotels in Beijing
3.5 of 5 stars 467 Reviews

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I was a bit concerned about booking a room at this hotel because of some of the reviews found here. Nevertheless, the price was so good I decided to 'take a chance'. I'm glad that I did! I stayed at the hotel for three nights and had a great experience. There were a number of guests trying to check in about the time I arrived. There were 4 people working the front desk and it seemed that each person had their room key in 5 minutes or less. My room was on the 17th floor. It was simple, small, but clean. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was raised up a step, was small, but very functional. I ate breakfast at the hotel the first morning I was there. This was the only part of my experience that I thought was over-priced. The location was terrific, just a few steps from the Sanyuan subway stop. Also, a Galleria is right next door with plenty of shopping, a supermarket, and some great restaurants. Please note that the rooms are not luxurious by any stretch of the imagination, I understood that was going to be the case before I got there. But, I wanted a hotel room in Beijing that was convenient to the airport and subway, was clean, and affordable. The Hotel Ibis Sanyan provided exactly what I wanted.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
BettyWang2013, General Manager at Ibis Beijing Sanyuan, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Mr. Barnett,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback which have been communicated to the whole Ibis team.

We look forward to welcome you back during your next trip in Beijing!

Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Basically, you have to be lucky with the room you get. I've stayed several times and had bad rooms and very good clean ones.

Definitely ask for a NON smoking room otherwise the smoke will be ventilated into your room from the adjacent ones. And the Chinese love to smoke!

It's location is very good by walking distance to airport express and subway line 10. For it's price I don't know if you can get better in Beijing if you take into account location and cleanliness.

Keep in mind it's still an Ibis!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We chose Ibis because it is a trusted chain known for budget quality hotels. This Ibis is nothing like other Ibis hotels. I was bitten by bedbugs on my second night staying there. We stripped the beds of its covers and checked - there was evidence of bedbug excrement on the mattress pads and sheets. The hotel rooms are not clean - there was a thick layer of dust beneath the bed (we checked on the first day, so it couldn't have accumulated during our stay). In terms of location, it is at least an hour's subway ride from all major tourist attractions. Be prepared to travel at least 4 hours to get from the hotel to the Great Wall. As for staff attitude, this is the worst that I have ever encountered. Surly staff, who showed preferential treatment to Caucasian guests over Asians. It's funny that they should be so overtly racist against Asians, especially since Ibis is a Japanese chain. Less than a minute after they placed a Caucasian guest's luggage in the room for safekeeping, we made the same request (since we were supposed to check out that day). They refused to put our bags in the baggage room even though we looked in and saw that the room was less than half full. Instead, they left our bags in the open area by the corridor, unsecured and unwatched (we had 2 small bags and 1 medium sized luggage in total so it couldn't have filled up the rather large baggage room). Only after my friend protested, saying that the open area was not safe, did they use a tiny piece of raffia string to loosely loop around our bags. Even the manager showed a terrible attitude when we asked for the staff's name (as we intended to lodge a complaint). She (the manager) said that we have no right to ask for their names unless we explain to them what we intended to do with it. It was only after I said that I plan to write a review online that her attitude softened and she tried to pacify us. I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone. This place is horrible in terms of location, cleanliness, and staff attitude. In fact, just the bedbugs alone were enough to put me off.

Room Tip: Don't stay here...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
BettyWang2013, General Manager at Ibis Beijing Sanyuan, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for bringing up such issues. Firstly, we would like to sincerely apologize for the poor service experience you mentioned in your detailed comment, and you were in right to ask for our staff name. Feel totally free to share it with us at h6280-gm1@accor.com. Obviously,
we will have to improve by more training related to service attitude.
As for the Bed bugs, rest assured that we have disinfection of the whole building on a regular basis and as per basic requirement in our industry. Nevertheless, we have run a more extensive check of the rooms to ensure we do not have a latent problem.
We hope have an opportunity to welcome you back and we would be happy to reply to any of your question or assist you further for any request at the email mentioned above.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Very bad hotel. Not at the usual IBIS standard! Dirty rooms, bad smelling toilett. Cigaret smoke everywhere. Sometimes no internet, and if there is internet it is extremely slow. Small and not comfortable rooms. I have been in many IBIS around the world, but somethink like this!??

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry for the problems you have encountered during your stay and we would like to take this opportunity to inform you that your review was taken into serious consideration. Therefore, Ibis Beijing Sanyuan will be equipped with full WIFI building coverage that will be completed in the coming 3 months.
As for the cigarette smell, it seems that you have been allocated a smoking room but for which we should have checked your preference upon check in. This is a point we will improve with our Front Office colleagues.
Should you plan to come back to Beijing, feel free to contact us at h6280-gm1@accor.com in order for us to better service your needs.
Best regards,

Been to Ibis Beijing Sanyuan? Share your experiences!