“Corporate Use” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel G Beijing

Save Saved
You added Hotel G Beijing to your Saves list
Hotel G Beijing
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No. A7 Gongtixi Road, Chao Yang District, Beijing 100020, China (Beijing Workers' Sports Complex)   |
Ranked #46 of 4,968 hotels in Beijing
Beijing, China
“Corporate Use”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We arranged for 10 people to stay at the hotel for a week during a polo tournament at the Tang Polo Club. These were international traveled businessmen who love to play polo.

They all raved about the hotel, friendly attentive service, great spacious rooms with great food and service in Scarlet's.

They have all requested to stay again next year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

636 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Korean first
Orange County, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Wow, I cannot speak more highly of this hotel. It was honestly one of the only things I liked about my trip to Beijing. The decor is just outstanding, plus the room size and amenities are the cherry on top. I had many interactions with the staff and they were extremely helpful as well.

My only negatives:
- A far walk to pretty much anything
- Wifi was slow
- No bathtub in 'good room'

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Booked this hotel and given the small price different I decided to go for the "Great Room" as it was meant to be a bit bigger, plus it included breakfast.

The staff were very helpful even before I left on my holiday and prevented me from being completely ripped off by the taxis and when I arrived at 5am in the morning it would be easy for someone to rip me off. I was told by a guy in what I thought was a uniform that it would be 500 yuan to get to the hotel and that the taxis over here would do it for 250 yuan. Luckily I already knew it should be between 70 and 100 yuan, with a bit of variation due to traffic. So we ignored the uniformed guy and made our way over to another taxis and in the end we paid 85 including the toll road, after a little help from the staff.

We were able to check in at 7.30 am which was great as it allowed us to freshen up and grab a bite to eat before heading off on our tour to the Great Wall at 9am.

My first impression, upon walking into the room, was "It's HUGE". Second impression, was that it looked pretty much like the pictures, although the walls are not flock wall paper but instead the pattern painted onto the concrete not that it really matters. Bathroom with shower and bath was also on the large side. I live in Europe and so my scale is on the smaller side for any Americans reading, however I think this was big even by US standards.

Good comfy bed, selection of pillows, loads of hanging space. One very small complaint is that there was only space to lay down one suitcase. But as you can see I'm having to go down to small details to say anything negative.

Included WIFI worked with no hassles, although obviously when you are in China some websites are not accessible. Also coverage in the lobby and restaurant.

Breakfast buffet, while relatively small was tasty with both Western and Chinese offerings. I quite liked the Chinese breakfast soup that was on offer.

Location is possibly the one downside of this hotel, as it is a good 3 or 4 kms from the city center. Although there is a big new shopping district, Sanlitun Village which has all the big brand shops and a few nice restaurants. Also nearby is one of the main cheap markets, Yashow Clothing Market but make sure you bargain hard as I think they like to process and also will take all the extra cash they can off the tourists. A taxis ride from here to the Forbidden City was only about 15 minutes and about 30yuan, so very cheap. Personally I don't think the location is a major issue, we even walked into the center from here in a bit over half an hour.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Young, nice service and friendly staff. Its location facilitates to walk to the main districts of Beijing.
It is fashionable and excentric, I loved it!

The rooms are spacious and well equipped. Definitely, you get added value for your money. I would highly recommend Hotel G.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Duns, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Welcomed back to the hotel by the staff - granted I had paid for the car from the airport as I landed late coming in from the NE of China - but nevertheless, as nice welcome - down to the hand-written note with the fruit.
Only four nights this time, but I am due back in Beijing in an month and also in Jan and March - and will stay here. It's close enough to walk to Sanlitun and cabs to meetings are so cheap.
Slightly down at heel in areas, but at the price, I don't really care.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights while visiting Beijing and found it a pleasure...good rooms...great style and ambiance...very good design and service and the food was fab!!! Would recommend and stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed in Hotel G for a total of 6 nights while visiting Beijing - it is a 15 minute walk to the nearest metro station. We were impressed by the size of the room and some of the nice touches. We agree with one of the other reviews that it is dated especially the bathroom which was grubby and had a slate floor badly painted over with black gloss paint! It is in desperate need of some maintenance and refurbishment. It took 3 nights before a bath mat appeared in the bathroom. It could be a very good hotel if they updated the rooms just a little - they are very dark and are designed to look like a gangsters den.
The restaurant is a nice place to sit and have a meal - the food is quite good, however the service is terrible. We were charged double for our drinks on the first night and struggled to get the waittress to understand that we had ordered their 'happy hour' drinks.
Thereafter every time we visited the restaurant we found the waiting staff a little bit stropy and difficult. Reception staff are good, though they did call us at 05.10am on our last morning telling us that it was our 'wake-up' call - we had not asked for one, they had confused someone's wake up time with our room number!! They also wanted to charge us 900RMB for a trip to the Great Wall which only costs 11RMB on the bus! We asked reception for our flight details to be printed and they charged us 8RMB per black and white copy that we made - 80 pence in GBP - extortionate.

Room Tip: Choose a 'Great' room just for the size and space, the coloured lights in the windows are ve...