“FIrst class service and comfort for business or pleasure.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Millennium Beijing

Save Saved
You added Grand Millennium Beijing to your Saves list
Grand Millennium Beijing
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Fortune Plaza, No.7 Dongsanhuan Middle Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100020, China (Guomao)   |
Ranked #62 of 5,310 hotels in Beijing
SHanghai
“FIrst class service and comfort for business or pleasure.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

The guest rooms: elegant, ergonomic, comfortable bed and spacious. (and very quiet) The lobby was spacious but welcoming. We ate in both the chinese restaurant and the buffet. Fresh quality product with a large selection and great presentation. The executive lounge had an attentive and quiet atmosphere through out the day. Our meetings went flawlessly and the banquet staff were very helpful and always present.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
GrandMillenniumBJ, General Manager at Grand Millennium Beijing, responded to this review, February 13, 2011
Dear Guest,

Happy New Year of the Rabbit! Thank you for reviewing Grand Millennium Beijing here on Tripadvisor.com. I am thankful that you have noted our staff services from leisure travel to business meeting and enjoyed staying here with us. Please return to us again in the near future and I ensure you it would be another pleasant and unforgettable experience.

579 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

I directed my company to have a customer event at Grand Millennium Beijing because I had previously had a great stay for a full week there. I knew its accommodations and service were excellent and when I found out that they had meeting facilities I bet that they were good as well. My bet paid off!

The event was for 50+ people and was held at Fortune II room - the room, staff and ambience were excellent!! The staff and management were attentive without obtrusive. The guests were very pleased as well and we received very good reviews ourselves.

My staff and I stayed at the hotel and we received nothing but great service and great food whilst we were there!!

I recommend this hotel for business and for pleasure - it is very well situated in Beijing thus making it even more attractive

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
GrandMillenniumBJ, General Manager at Grand Millennium Beijing, responded to this review, February 8, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for reviewing on Grand Millennium Beijing and Happy Lunar New Year to you! I am really happy to know that the Hotel has once served you before and even made you direct your company's event to us. As the General Manager, it's my pleasure to know the staff at the banquet served you and your guests well. We are looking forward to meeting you again for both business and pleasure purposes.
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

Very Good! Nice location and great amenities. food and serive is also excellent.

Dear Guest,
Happy New Year of the Rabbit! As the General Manager, I am happy to know that Grand Millennium Beijing has served you well with your food and services. Both the hotel and I will be here waiting for your return again!
Shanghai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

Very nice decorated, warm and nice, convinent location.

Dear Guest,
Happy Chinese New Year to you! It's my pleasure to know that you enjoyed staying in the nice decorated Grand Millennium Beijing. Please do come back and discover more about us again!
Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

My wife and I with our two young children spent the Christmas weekend at the Grand Millennium Beijing and had a wonderful time. The hotel is located in the best part of the city with theatres and shopping choices all around. The room was spacious and elegant with comfortable beds and a beautiful view. The breakfast buffet was outstanding with plenty of choices for both my wife and I and the children. What we were particularly pleased with was the outstanding treatment provided by every staff member. I was especially impressed that the General Manager himself, Mr.Leon Lee, made time to personally greet me and my family and to make us feel like special guests. That really meant a lot to us. The Grand Millennium Beijing is an outstanding hotel in every aspect.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
GrandMillenniumBJ, General Manager at Grand Millennium Beijing, responded to this review, January 5, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time in posting comment on tripadvisor.com for us. As the General Manager, it is my pleasure to greet all the guests in person. I am happy to know that your family and you had spent a splendid time here during the Christmas weekend and you noted our all-round service ability by our staff. Grand Millennium Beijing and I are looking forward to greeting you and your family again in the near future.
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

I have stayed in various hotels and this hotel's level of service is out of this world. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. What sets them apart from all other hotels I have been in is that they anticipated our needs and went beyond what is expected of them (at least to my opinion) to fulfill it.

Here are 3 examples.
1. We needed a cab for dinner and 2 doormen endured the blistering cold and went all the way to the main street to grab a cab for us.
2. We wanted to go to the great wall and the hotel staff arranged for a car to bring us there and back. Additionally, the hotel staff also told the driver to bring us somewhere for a good dinner before heading back.
3. While chatting when we were waiting for the cab, the staff knew that we are leaving for dinner at 7pm at Hard Rock Cafe then to the airport on Sunday. When we arrived at the ground floor, the staff were already waiting for us and took our luggage to a car that was arranged to bring us to the dinner venue and then to the airport.

The gym and swimming pool facilities are excellent. The room is large and spacious. It has a lot of walking space despite it having 1 king-size bed, 2 wardrobes, a large working table, 2 bedside tables, a fridge and a small couch. The bathroom is 2/3 the size of the bedroom.

The hotel is just 10 mins walking distance from a subway station, 10 mins cab ride (on a good traffic) from the famous clubbing area Sanlitun and 15 mins from bar area Houhai. The MTM spa located in the hotel closes at 10pm. Alternatively, there is another great massage and spa parlor just across the road that closes at 12am. A great place to go after coming back from a bar and before heading to bed.

The problem we faced while staying in this hotel is that, like other reviewers, the hotel is not well-known to cab drivers. This could be easily solved because the hotel is just located across the road from the famous CCTV building. Just mention that building and guide the cab from there. It's a bit of a hassle but for the price and services I received, it is a well worth trade off.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
GrandMillenniumBJ, General Manager at Grand Millennium Beijing, responded to this review, January 3, 2011
Dear Guest,

Happy New Year to you and thank you for commenting here for Grand Millennium Beijing. As the General Manager, I am glad to know our bell boy and conceirge understood your needs and prepared everything for you in advance. I also hoped you had a enjoyable time down in our award winning Oxygen Club and around Beijing such as in Sanlitun and Houhai. We are always working hard to bring in more awareness of Grand Millennium Beijing here in Beijing since we are still relatively young and new, but I ensure you next time you come the situation will be much better. Thank you for your valuable input once again.
zhuhai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

Grand Millennium Beijing is one of my favorite hotels. This was my first time staying in Grand Milennium but I definitely will come back not only because of its hardware which has spacious and well designed room and also because of its service. I experienced the real five star service from the first connect with polite car pick up driver through effecient check in till smiled housekeeper. I like most was Havana Bar which i highly recommend people to go. You will find its a great place with friends chat together and very relaxing. Spa was also wonderful!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Happy New Year and thank you for taking time in reviewing Grand Millennium Beijing. I am happy to know that we are one of your favourite hotels and you have noted our services from the car pick up to our housekeeper. Please come back and stay with us again soon; Havana Bar and our Spa will always be here waiting.

Been to Grand Millennium Beijing? Share your experiences!