I love the Grand Millennium! My job demands that I travel frequently all over the world. I usually arrive at hotels tired and stressed and needing to take care of many business details in a short time, and although I am not demanding, I look for things to go smoothly. I have stayed at several places in Beijing, but after staying at the Grand Millennium, I don't want to stay any other place. This is primarily because of the gracious, attentive, friendly and personable staff. Whatever request I have, whatever time of day or night, it is met with prompt, polite response.
Any good hotel has the amenities: comfortable beds, cozy bathrobes, quality toiletries, etc., and the GM has all of those - well appointed rooms with good spaces to work, nice crisp bedding, decent mini-bar to help with late night arrivals. But not all hotels have the staff that make you feel special - even when they must be exhausted or may have not been treated well by an out of sorts guest.
I am sorry that I don't know the last name of the concierge who has helped me at some point during both of my stays at the GM. His name is Jasson, I believe. He is amazing! He remembers guests, always has a smile, and goes out of his way to be certain we are satisfied.
The last time I arrived at the GM, there was an issue with my passport. The stamp from customs at the airport was so faint that the clerk at the desk and I couldn't find it - in fact no one could, and of course you are not allowed to check into a hotel in China without that stamp. I had just spent more than two hours getting from the airport to the hotel and was really discouraged thinking I would have to go all the way back to straighten out the problem. Jasson came to the rescue, called the airport, the authorities found the photo of me passing through customs correctly and Jasson figured out that with a bright light shining on my passport, the stamp was visible. He could just as easily have told me to go back to the airport, but he went out of his way so that I wouldn't have to.
Much more to say about the GM. It is in a good location, lots to see and do close by if you are traveling for pleasure. The restaurant is fine, but many others near by. Good shopping, safe for walking- and the GM is reasonably priced. I am always completely satisfied.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Millennium Beijing is located in the CBD and is part of the Millennium & Copthorne Hotel Group. This is premium 5-star deluxe hotel. Convenient transportation for leisure and business guest. We have 521 grand and spacious guestrooms and mulitple dining options offering a variety of cuisine. For relaxation you can enjoy live entertainment at Havana (house bar). All guests have complimentary access of the award-winning Oxygen Club and swimming pool complex. All rooms have FREE high-speed broadband internet access and FREE WiFi is available through-out the entire hotel including public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Venere, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, HotelTravel.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Grand Millennium Beijing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Millennium Beijing Hotel Beijing
- Grand Millennium Hotel Beijing