“Personal Attention and Gracious Service are number 1” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Millennium Beijing

You added Grand Millennium Beijing to your Saves list
Grand Millennium Beijing
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Fortune Plaza, No.7 Dongsanhuan Middle Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100020, China (Guomao)   |
Ranked #43 of 5,423 Hotels in Beijing
4.5 of 5 stars 642 Reviews
Bangor, Maine
“Personal Attention and Gracious Service are number 1”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I love the Grand Millennium! My job demands that I travel frequently all over the world. I usually arrive at hotels tired and stressed and needing to take care of many business details in a short time, and although I am not demanding, I look for things to go smoothly. I have stayed at several places in Beijing, but after staying at the Grand Millennium, I don't want to stay any other place. This is primarily because of the gracious, attentive, friendly and personable staff. Whatever request I have, whatever time of day or night, it is met with prompt, polite response.
Any good hotel has the amenities: comfortable beds, cozy bathrobes, quality toiletries, etc., and the GM has all of those - well appointed rooms with good spaces to work, nice crisp bedding, decent mini-bar to help with late night arrivals. But not all hotels have the staff that make you feel special - even when they must be exhausted or may have not been treated well by an out of sorts guest.
I am sorry that I don't know the last name of the concierge who has helped me at some point during both of my stays at the GM. His name is Jasson, I believe. He is amazing! He remembers guests, always has a smile, and goes out of his way to be certain we are satisfied.
The last time I arrived at the GM, there was an issue with my passport. The stamp from customs at the airport was so faint that the clerk at the desk and I couldn't find it - in fact no one could, and of course you are not allowed to check into a hotel in China without that stamp. I had just spent more than two hours getting from the airport to the hotel and was really discouraged thinking I would have to go all the way back to straighten out the problem. Jasson came to the rescue, called the airport, the authorities found the photo of me passing through customs correctly and Jasson figured out that with a bright light shining on my passport, the stamp was visible. He could just as easily have told me to go back to the airport, but he went out of his way so that I wouldn't have to.
Much more to say about the GM. It is in a good location, lots to see and do close by if you are traveling for pleasure. The restaurant is fine, but many others near by. Good shopping, safe for walking- and the GM is reasonably priced. I am always completely satisfied.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GrdMillenniumBeijing, Public Relations Manager at Grand Millennium Beijing, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Colleen Cavell G,

Warm greetings from Grand Millennium Beijing! Many thanks for your generous recognition on our service and crew members as well as share of your feedback with other travelers! Your message absolutely means a lot to us! Considered as one more tremendous inspiration in all aspects of hotel operations, this message has been disseminated to the entire hotel crew including Jasson who gets highly encouraged and appreciated for his constant contribution to the hotel.

It is our pleasure that you enjoyed every corner of hotel room, the essential location of CBD, numerous places to go, nice food, attentive staff, personalized service, etc. Everywhere you went we received a smile from you and the joy to go extra miles is just an urge to collect more of your smiles……It will be kept as our destination of always bringing you better service. We will value every comment from you as it is the fuel we rely on to improve ourselves. You are sincerely welcomed back next time you visit Beijing and have another amazing experience with us. Kindly let us know if there is anything we are of your assistance.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

The last thing you want is a hassle when you check in. When I arrived at the Grand Millennium after a long flight and awkward time at the airport, I was well attended by Mr. Silent, GRO. He was professional, patient and understanding. Even with many other guests checking in, he saw to smooth running of the desk and attention to additional, personal needs to ensure a pleasant stay with all my business needs.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
GrdMillenniumBeijing, Public Relations Manager at Grand Millennium Beijing, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Craig B,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Grand Millennium during your recent trip in Beijing! Many thanks for your positive comments that has been shared with our GRO Mr. Silent and hotel entire crew. Your note is considered priceless and of great encouragement for all endeavors and enhancements. You are warmly welcomed back and have another memorable lodging experience. Kindly do not hesitate to contact us if you have anything that we are of your assistance. Please allow us here to wish you a wonderful new year!
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Grand Millennium Beijing is a fabulous business hotel right in the heart of Chaoyang Business District opposite Central Park. I stay there every time I visit Beijing even though it is about 5 kms from my office and there is J W Marriott less than a km from where I work. Just prefer the Grand Millennium since it is usually 15-20% cheaper than the JW, as good and the location is hard to beat especially if you are a visitor.

Rooms

Comfortable, spacious and luxurious - tough to find flaws. The club room (which is what i get as a member) is located on floors 22 and above offers a great view. I would look for rooms that face the E 3rd Ring Rd and overlook the CCTV building. Generally a better view. Rooms on the other side of the property overlook Fortune Plaza and you might not get privacy with the curtains open even on the 25th floor since Fortune Plaza is 50 storeys:) Each room offers both a full size bathtub and a separate shower area, which is nice.

The hotel has a Chinese and a multi-cuisine restaurant. Most of the dishes though are local cuisine and non-vegetarian. Abundant seafood if you like it. I usually don't eat at the hotel though given the multiple options within a 10-15 min walk around.

Facilities

The hotel has a fitness center which is state of the art, a full size lap pool, a jacuzzi that can probably hold 30 people at a time, steam, sauna and an attached spa. State of the art stuff that beats most business hotels i have stayed at.

Location

This is the one attribute that overshadows all the other (already good attributes) of the hotel. Being bang opposite central park is great for expats or business travelers. Within 15 mins walk from the hotel, you get -

3-4 Pizza joints
2-3 Delis
2 Thai restaurants
An Indian restaurant
4-5 foot massage places which are cheap and provide a great foot massage with free food
A great vibrant atmosphere on a summer evening in Central Park
Annie's - which i think is the best affordable Italian food I've had in Beijing
Place Mall - Great place to hangout
Starbucks right next door
Subway (the restaurant as well as the subway train station) right next door

As a business traveller who spends 8-10 days in Beijing every 3 months or so, I really cannot ask for more

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the CCTV tower. Better views and locations. Also more privacy - you don't h...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GrdMillenniumBeijing, Public Relations Manager at Grand Millennium Beijing, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear mdshintre,

Thank you very much for taking your precious time to share such positive review about your recent stay at Grand Millennium Beijing and also your guest loyalty over years. Kindly be informed that your feedbacks have been shared with entire hotel crew, we are glad to hear your compliments in detail on the hotel room, facilities, location, and take great satisfaction in reading your encouraging remarks. It is our great pleasure to welcome you back every time you visit Beijing and wish you all the best in the coming New Year!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

The hotel is located in the heart of Central Business District. Rooms are spacious, good breakfast too. Also I love their bath tubs- can be such a relaxing treat for girls!! Bed is really comfortable and I think compared to last years their Wifi speed got better!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Oyu S,

Thank you very much for the superb compliments about the hotel, Our colleagues will enjoy reading this wonderful review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and looking forward to having you back in the coming future and wish you a Happy New Year!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a short trip to Beijing. Really beautiful hotel with stylish rooms. Service was great with friendly staff. Good to see the manager interacting with guests in the top breakfast room. We had our daughter with us so 2 adults and 1 child. It seemed the only configuration they could give us was 2 x 3/4 beds which was quite a squash for two adults. Other than that a perfect stay.

• Stayed December 2013
GrdMillenniumBeijing, Public Relations Manager at Grand Millennium Beijing, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Dear Kaz n,

Nice to hear from you! Many thanks for your kind comment and it has been shared with the hotel crew, which inspired us all. You are sincerely welcomed back in future and have another memorable experience with us. Kindly let us know if there is anything we are of your assistance.

Finally, please allow us here to wish you and your family a merry Christmas and a happy new year!
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights in Dec with my partner and we liked it a lot. Ex though! The room was clean and really spacious with a nice bed, and the brekkie was good too. Also, the subway was just minutes away. Only negative is that the hotel lobby had a Baygon-accented flowery smell. It was really quite bad and strange. The other thing is that if you are in Beijing to visit the attractions and do shopping, this place may not be ideal. Though it has a mall attached to it, it is not the "happening" type. You have to rely on the crowded subway to bring you to the centre of action or take a cab. Try Wangfujing or elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
GrdMillenniumBeijing, Public Relations Manager at Grand Millennium Beijing, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear LeeIsrocs,

Many thanks for your precious time to feedback your valuable comments. Your comment is considered priceless and much appreciated. Noticed the issue you mentioned and we've already shared this message with Rooms Division as to enhance our entire service quality and guest satisfaction. You are warmly welcomed back in the near future and witness our improvement. Shall there be anything that we are of your assistance, kindly feel free to contact us.

Your Grand Millennium Beijing Team
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I found the staff super professional and friendly, both in lobby, room service and conference dept. Very nice rooms with my taste of modern design. Large comfy bathroom with nice view. Perfectly situated in business district, close to WTC, subway and main road. Breakfast had everything I need and then some.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GrdMillenniumBeijing, Public Relations Manager at Grand Millennium Beijing, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Wow…Many thanks for your precious time and strong recommendation for us. We could not help sharing your note with our hotel crew who should have felt greatly inspired and worthy of every extra mile they’ve gone. You know what?...Your message absolutely means a lot to us! We do hope that we could welcome you back shortly and have you another memorable stay…

Been to Grand Millennium Beijing? Share your experiences!