“Strongly recommend!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Beijing

Save Saved
You added Doubletree by Hilton Beijing to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Beijing
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.168 Guang'anmen Wai Main Street, Xicheng District, Beijing 100055, China (Beijing West Railway Station)   |
Special Offer
Save up to 20% off
Ranked #52 of 5,123 hotels in Beijing
New York
“Strongly recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Rooms are very spacious and extremely clean. It has friendly service, good restaurants, comfortable rooms, so many wonderful art works, and especially a pretty good rooftop garden including an in-door swimming pool near the separate spa rooms and gym. Breakfast wonderful, as there was a large Chinese food counter and also a well stocked Western breakfast counter. That's totally an unforgettable experience in Beijing. I will definite come back to this hotel on my next trip

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!

Firstly, thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and taking the time to share your valuable feedback! We are glad to hear that you had a fantastic stay and that our Team Members made it such a memorable and unforgettable experience.

Additionally, I was also delighted to read that you liked our restaurants, rooms and the beautiful outside roof garden etc..

I sincerely look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing in the near future!

Please do not hesitate to contact me through the email shown below when coming through Beijing again.

770 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Here is one of the wonderful hotel I stayed in Beijing! I traveled in China with a group in October . I didn't spend lots of time in hotel. The hotel has large spacial room . The bed is comfortable. Swimming pool is nice. What impressed me was the service, everyone was nice and smile to us.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Greeting from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!

Thank you for taking your precious time to providing us with your valuable feedback.

The team and I are delighted to know that our services met and exceeded your expectations. We have been training our team to demonstrate genuine care, a personable voice, and high service standards for guest worldwide.

I was also happy to learn that you love our large room and comfortable bed, as well as the swimming pool.

Your feedback therefore is the driving force that pushes us to go above and beyond. It was a real pleasure to have you as our guest and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing in the near future!

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Had a wonderful stay here the only thing I could find fault with was the mould in the bathroom tiles. There was always a wide selection of food for breakfast, and the service of the hospitality staff was excellent. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Given a warm cookie whilst awaiting check-in was a nice touch. Check-in took a while but to be expected when we were part of a tour group of about 40 . Reception area was really nice, and heading to our room the hallways were clean, which augured well. We had a standard room with queen size bed (comfortable), a couple of sofa chairs plus a work bench area with chair. Internet was available in the room for a cost, but Wi-Fi was free in the lobby. TV had plenty of channels including several English speaking. the bathroom was a reasonable size and included a single wash basin, toilet, and good sized shower with excellent water pressure and certainly hot enough - there was a bit of wear and tear in the bathroom and not the highest standard of cleanliness. The main room seemed quite dark due to heavy drapes and the use of a lot of dark brown wood.
The buffet breakfast was a very positive experience - good spread of both chinese and western styles and included an egg station so you could order eggs as you like them. There was more than enough staff in this area so follow up on tea/coffee was good and replenishment of food was good. The only minor negatives were only one cheese available (although this may be a problem specific to China from what we experienced), and the quality of food was good but not first class - although in saying this, we had a meal in their restaurant and the food was excellent).
Considering this hotel seems to handle quite a few tour groups they seemed to handle things well and did not cause us any angst.
Obviously the hotel is a bit away from the sights so it was good to be part of a tour group where we did not have the problem of arranging transport. Bear in mind that Beijing is a large sprawling city of 23 million people (the population of Australia), so it was never going to be easy to get around.
Have stayed in several Hiltons and we enjoyed the experience here in Beijing.

Room Tip: Does not really matter as the views are not to "die for".
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!

Thank you for the opportunity to share and hear about your experiences. Guest feedback has been the most important channel for us to relate to guests so as to monitor and improve our products and quality of services.

I was delighted to know that you like the breakfast and room. It has been our goal to equip ourselves with the most state-of-the-art facilities and provide a rewarding experience to contemporary travelers.

However, I’ve shared your comments about cheese availability issue with our culinary team and take the corrective measures to avoid an occurrence in the future. In general we get pleasant comments from our guests about our breakfast, especially variety & quality of food and friendly service

I sincerely look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing in the near future; please do not hesitate to contact me on this email address below if I can offer any further assistance.

Wuhan, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

My friend recommended this hotel to me ! I stayed this hotel in three days ! The people is helpful in this hotel. I like the breakfast with so many choices , and the quality is good! At the third floor , there is a outside garden with a beautiful view. The location is fine. I can easily take the taxi and to subway! I will stay here next time!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!

Firstly, thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and taking the time to share your valuable feedback! We are glad to hear that you had a fantastic stay and that our Team Members made it such a memorable experience.

Additionally, I was also delighted to read that you liked our breakfast, and the beautiful outside roof garden.

Should you have any kind of need during your next stay, please do not hesitate to contact me through the email shown below.

changsha, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

hope you enjoyed a pleasant stay at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing in Beijing. Please share your opinions and experiences with us and other potential guests. very good hotel to recommend,Should you not wish to receive requests for evaluations in the future, you may unsuscribe here: Alternatively, you can access the hotel evaluation form from our homepage, by clicking on the menu item "My Reservations".

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of your recent stay. Guest feedback is the most important channel for us to monitor and improve both our product and service quality.

We are sincerely grateful for the positive rating you gave for your stay. And this is also our goal to train our team to demonstrate genuine care, a personable voice, and high service standards for guests worldwide.

Again, thank you for your feedback and it was a real pleasure to have you as our guest. Should you have any special request for your next stay please do not hesitate to contact me on this email address.

Adelaide, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

My wife and myself stayed at the Hilton Double Tree Hotel Beijing during our recent visit China. Whilst there we left $2900 in $50 Australian Notes in our room safe. The total amount was taken by someone working at the hotel.

After numerous attempts contact those at the Double Tree Hotel in an effort to locate the money and find out what they have done about this, I have had no response. At the time they were non responsive to our complaint.

We had to travel on to Shanghai and made the Police report with them. I feel that the security at this Hotel is a blight on your industry and a wonderful people and country. It is incidents such as this that can have a negative reaction to all the good work to invite the world to China.

I understand that the money is gone and I have little expectation of its return but to do nothing as if it was ok is wrong and in all the countries that we have visited nothing like this has occurred.

Room Tip: choose another hotel worth the risk.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings from Doubletree by Hilton Beijing!

Firstly, I am genuinely sorry to hear about your negative experience. As a Doubletree hotel, we have strict staff behavior code of conduct in place which is internally and regularly communicated with hotel Team Members and it applies to any employee working in the company; our daily work is directed by the honesty and care with our goal to create memorable experiences for our guests.

The hotel only became aware of your reported loss through the travel agency after your check out day. Upon becoming aware we took immediate action first an internal investigation carefully reviewing records including surveillance cameras, asking the related hotel Team Members, in addition we have the reported to local Bureau of Public Security. We have at no time tried to hide information. We are sure that the travel agent should have communicated these steps to you.

The room attendant who cleaned your room afterwards has been working with us since May 2010 with the positive reputation on honesty – including returning the Channel earrings, Cartier bracelet, RMB 1,000 cash back to the guests after they checked out.

We have been working closely with the travel agency to update the status of the case on that day and the day after and being honest, we’ve tried every single effort to find the lost money and minimize your loss both financially and mentally.

Again, I feel sorry about the occurrence of this case, should you need any further assistance, please do contact me directly at any of your convenience to my email sandy.murray@hilton.com

Sincerely yours,
sandy.murray@hilton.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hotel update as of 6th November

To Trip Advisor readers,

As General Manager of Doubletree by Hilton Beijing I wish to update all on this original blog, as anyone reading would certainly receive a negative view point on how we treat guest safety; as the original blog has not been updated by the reviewer.

To keep simple:
• Guest checked in Oct 14th for four night stay
• Checked out early morning on Oct 18th
• Guest contacted travel agent, who then contacted the hotel to investigate on Oct 19th
o Item not found – reported to T/A as hotel did not have contact details
• Guest upset as no further contact resulting in posting of blog
• Hotel commenced corresponding with guest as now have contact details

More plausible explanation – yes, the guest left item in the safe, the room attendant more than likely did not properly check if the safe was empty. (Guest admits not sure if locked) the new guest checked in and possibly removed contents. Can I prove? No just a theory.

I have had several contacts with the guest, with the latest being today on the phone where we have stated we will keep a one mind, we can never say the team member did not take.

However, this team member has previously returned items and has an unblemished record, so why would they start now.

If anyone wants more assurance please send me a mail – I am happy to answer as guest safety is my number one priority. This hotel has consistently ranked in top 5 for Hilton in China for customer service.

Sandy

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Beijing? Share your experiences!