“Great, inexpensive restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beijing style noodle King

Beijing style noodle King
35 Dianmen West Street, Beijing, China (Houhai)
010-64056666
Neighborhood: Houhai
Bethesda, Maryland
“Great, inexpensive restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

We found this restaurant in my wife's Beijing guide book (Insight Guide , Beijing, new edition), it was recommended as a cheap place with great food. It really was. We were on our own that day, which means without a Chinese guide who can help us with ordering. The menu was in English, and still we were not sure what we ordered. Our daughter ordered "shredded meat" with something, and some kind of pancakes/bread accompanied the meal.. It was great. We ordered noodles of course (since the restaurant is called Noodle King), I order sesame noodles since the guide book said it is the most traditional/typical meal, and my wife ordered chicken and mushroom noodles which is really a kind of soup with noodles and mushrooms and chicken.. It was really good, although I wasn't thrilled with the plain sesame noodles, but it was worth trying. The food was excellent and great value. Staff spoke almost no English, but hey, we managed. Coke and Beer were in a refrigerator on display so we could show what we wanted to eat. Everyone warned us about stomach problems after eating in typical chinese diners that is not frequented by foreigners, but our experience was great, no problem at all.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

B.C.
“Yummy for my tummy! Well priced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

The decor was good (traditional Chinese) food was amazing, prices were good. Dishes came wrapped in plastic so you know they were sterilized- probably the cleanest dishes I saw in China! We had pan fried dumplings for 25 RMB. Yummy!!! I wish I could eat them now. I enjoyed everything and I found this place to be a good value (although it is probably "expensive" compared to the many food vendors available). This restaurant is located between the Drum Tower and the Forbidden City to assist with your itinerary planning.

35 Dianman West Street.