“Unacceptable poor service, especially if you are english-speaking only!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Guomen Business Hotel

You added Guomen Business Hotel to your Saves list
Guomen Business Hotel
No.1 Tianzhu East Road, Shunyi District, Beijing 101312, China (Beijing Capital International Airport)   |
Ranked #3,435 of 5,423 Hotels in Beijing
Copenhagen, New York
“Unacceptable poor service, especially if you are english-speaking only!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

To start out with I want to emphasize that I'm a backpacker who's seen it all. From cockroaches crawling the floors, to fungus covering the walls. Therefore I don't expect much from hotels.
This is the first time I've been motivated to write a bad review on Tripadvisor!

Now, aside from the beds being hard, the carpets covered in stains and the staff having NO english skills what so ever (which is common in China, but unacceptable at an airport hotel), what really tripped me off was the bad co-ordination and incompetence of the staff! When I arrived, I was told breakfast would be from 6:30-9:30. Therefore when I went down at 9:00 the following morning, and was told (communication went through an english/chinese speaking traveler who was cheacking out) that breakfast was from 6-8 today, and there was no breakfast for me (by the way, breakfast is included in the expensive room rates, so I had already paid for it).
Apparently there was no way for them to re-open the kitchen and cook me breakfast, not even if I paid extra for it...
And since this is an airport hotel, there are no restaurants, no nothing outside of the hotel.
When they had told me this, they pretty much ignored me, other than pointing to a small shop where I could buy chips and nuts. Here they don't accept credit card, and the small cash I had with me, was taken at the reception for deposit. It was NOT possible to put it on the room.

Now, this stay was on a 3-months journey through asia, and it was by far the most expensive hotel I stayed at. Therefore you would expect some quality to make up for the high price, but no.
I had to start a 16-hours flight the next day with a headache. Nice for 50$ a night!

(By the way: the manager was really friendly and offered me some of his cake, but other than that, he couldn't really do anything)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Brantford, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2009

I went to this hotel by mistake but it turned out well. I had a booking at the Guomen Hotel and that's the name I gave to the 'unofficial taxi driver' who greeted me when I exited the Beijing Airport terminal. He assured me he knew where it was. He actually had no idea but he phoned someone whom I spoke with in english. Eventually we ended up here. This hotel caters to Chinese business people so they were surprised to see a westerner. They informed me I had no reservation but there were vacancies. I chose to stay. I'm glad I did. The hotel had only been open for two weeks when I stayed there February, 2007. They were not yet set up to accept credit cards and I was 100 rmb short the rate for the room. The lady-manager let me stay for the 400 rmb that I had in my wallet and she assigned a young man to go back to the airport with me on their shuttle bus to help me find an ATM. Later a young female staff member who spoke english helped me order a meal in their restaurant and then sat and chatted with me.
This is a basic, no-frills hotel with few staff who speak english. By now I assume they accept credit cards. It's very convenient to the airport and they have their own shuttle bus. Being new, it was immaculately clean when I stayed there. If you want to be close to the airport, I don't think you can do better.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled solo

Been to Guomen Business Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Guomen Business Hotel

Address: No.1 Tianzhu East Road, Shunyi District, Beijing 101312, China
Location: China > Beijing Region > Beijing > Beijing Capital International Airport
Ranked #3,435 of 5,423 Hotels in Beijing
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Guomen Business Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Guomen Business Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.