“Do not book this hotel ever ever ever” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Guomen Business Hotel

You added Guomen Business Hotel to your Saves list
Guomen Business Hotel
No.1 Tianzhu East Road, Shunyi District, Beijing 101312, China (Beijing Capital International Airport)   |
Ranked #3,437 of 5,424 Hotels in Beijing
3.0 of 5 stars 32 Reviews
Chengdu, China
“Do not book this hotel ever ever ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Booked this hotel for a one night stay after a long day's travelling back to Beijing from Thailand. The attraction was it's proximity to the airport, free breakfast , free airport pick up, and what appeared to be rooms of a reasonable standard. On arrival at Beijing airport we called their driver, as per instructions. He said the hotel was full and we would be taken elsewhere. Elsewhere, may as well have been nowhere because I was about to start the worst night of my life. We were dumped (because the driver left very quickly) at what must be the worst most dirty hotel I have ever had the misfortune of staying in, Beijing Konggangkuaijie Hotel. It does not appear on tripadvisor otherwise I would be making a separate review all of it's own! It cost me 280RMB for a night of hell. The desk staff were rude and unhelpful, the room smelt like something, or someone had died in it, I had booked a double bed it was a twin room. The "free water" turned out to be one of those water bottles that dispenses semi boiled water. The towels were filthy, matching the rest of the room. I tried calling elong who I had made the booking through but the girl could only apologise and offered no solution. We spent the night huddled together on one single bed, left at first light without a shower and without a breakfast. Please do not use this hotel ever, I have since been told that a night in an internet cafe at only 10RMB is both cheaper, cleaner and more fun than this ghastly place.

Room Tip: Best advice I can give is to book elsewhere
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Jakarta, Indonesia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

I come to this hotel by hotel shuttle at 3.30 am. The shuttle has no Air-cond. When we arrived the lobby and the recepsiont seems so dark cause they didn't turn any light on. As they give us the key to our room, they just show us the direction to our room without deliver us instead. We walk along the creepy alley to our room which is in different building with the hotel lobby. The alley is just like in the middle of cemetery, creepy as it can be. Really shocking us who brings little children. Will not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012
Ann Arbor, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

I stayed there for one night before an early morning flight. Among my concerns:
- my room was on the 5th floor. The elevator only goes up to the 4th floor. Thus I had to carry my heavy bags up a flight of stairs.
- They advertise an airport shuttle. But because I wanted to go before 5 a.m., they charged me 50 RMB for the shuttle.
- They advertise free Internet. I was not able to get online. Since I don't speak Mandarin, and the staff did not speak English, I was not able to determine if they provide this service.
- There was no clock, alarm clock or radio in the room. Given the early hour I wanted to wake, I could barely sleep at all. Fortunately, the wake up call, by a real person, was right on time.
- The bathroom was missing a large tile (25cm x 30 cm), so as the water sprayed during my shower, the wall behind the tile got drenched. The bathroom does not have a shower stall or wall between the shower and the rest of the bathroom. When I showered, water sprayed on the toilet. Water ran over the floor of the entire bathroom, making the floor very slippery. Further, the shower drained slowly. Thus to use the toilet or sink, one had to walk through water on a slippery floor.
- I've never seen carpet so dirty and worn in my 13 trips to China.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Copenhagen, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

To start out with I want to emphasize that I'm a backpacker who's seen it all. From cockroaches crawling the floors, to fungus covering the walls. Therefore I don't expect much from hotels.
This is the first time I've been motivated to write a bad review on Tripadvisor!

Now, aside from the beds being hard, the carpets covered in stains and the staff having NO english skills what so ever (which is common in China, but unacceptable at an airport hotel), what really tripped me off was the bad co-ordination and incompetence of the staff! When I arrived, I was told breakfast would be from 6:30-9:30. Therefore when I went down at 9:00 the following morning, and was told (communication went through an english/chinese speaking traveler who was cheacking out) that breakfast was from 6-8 today, and there was no breakfast for me (by the way, breakfast is included in the expensive room rates, so I had already paid for it).
Apparently there was no way for them to re-open the kitchen and cook me breakfast, not even if I paid extra for it...
And since this is an airport hotel, there are no restaurants, no nothing outside of the hotel.
When they had told me this, they pretty much ignored me, other than pointing to a small shop where I could buy chips and nuts. Here they don't accept credit card, and the small cash I had with me, was taken at the reception for deposit. It was NOT possible to put it on the room.

Now, this stay was on a 3-months journey through asia, and it was by far the most expensive hotel I stayed at. Therefore you would expect some quality to make up for the high price, but no.
I had to start a 16-hours flight the next day with a headache. Nice for 50$ a night!

(By the way: the manager was really friendly and offered me some of his cake, but other than that, he couldn't really do anything)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Brantford, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2009

I went to this hotel by mistake but it turned out well. I had a booking at the Guomen Hotel and that's the name I gave to the 'unofficial taxi driver' who greeted me when I exited the Beijing Airport terminal. He assured me he knew where it was. He actually had no idea but he phoned someone whom I spoke with in english. Eventually we ended up here. This hotel caters to Chinese business people so they were surprised to see a westerner. They informed me I had no reservation but there were vacancies. I chose to stay. I'm glad I did. The hotel had only been open for two weeks when I stayed there February, 2007. They were not yet set up to accept credit cards and I was 100 rmb short the rate for the room. The lady-manager let me stay for the 400 rmb that I had in my wallet and she assigned a young man to go back to the airport with me on their shuttle bus to help me find an ATM. Later a young female staff member who spoke english helped me order a meal in their restaurant and then sat and chatted with me.
This is a basic, no-frills hotel with few staff who speak english. By now I assume they accept credit cards. It's very convenient to the airport and they have their own shuttle bus. Being new, it was immaculately clean when I stayed there. If you want to be close to the airport, I don't think you can do better.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled solo

Been to Guomen Business Hotel? Share your experiences!