“Friendly but dated” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mengxi Hotel

You added Mengxi Hotel to your Saves list
Mengxi Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.20 XUEYUAN RD., HAIDIAN DISTRICT, Beijing 100083, China (Wudaokou)   |
Ranked #532 of 5,463 Hotels in Beijing
Australia
“Friendly but dated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

On arrival, my first impression was the friendly reception and the no-fuss check in procedure. I thought the lobby area was somewhat dated and my thoughts didn't change as I took the elevator and walked the corridor to my room. Definitely in need of refurbishment throughout! That being said however, the room was very clean with typically dark furnishing and a superbly hard bed. The bathroom light was a bit too dim for my liking so my shaving was a bit hit and miss during my stay (lol). I didn't try breakfast there, having alternative arrangements with friends, but I did try the small cafe for a cold beverage in the evenings. Service was wonderfully amiable and the beverage was delightfully chilled.

One small thing though. The room keys are very strange. The keys are credit card-sized which would normally fit neatly into your wallet and you know where it is. For some reason, probably economics, they have glued a large chip type reader on the card which is presented to the room for entry. This is OK as it works; but inconvenient from a portability aspect.

I stayed there purely because of the location and I think, frankly, it's little bit expensive for what you get. I'd like to reiterate though that I found all staff I encountered to be really friendly and customer service oriented.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Families
Couples
Athens, Greece
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for almost 3 weeks, while working for the Beijing Games in 2008. This was a business trip, so not sure what the cost was, but judging from the hotel I guess it was an economic stay (or should be!).

The hotel is quite old, definitely needs a face lift in terms of decoration and furniture. I was in a room with 2 double beds, so I had a bit more space for my suitcase and clothes. The furniture was relatively old and dowdy and the room was a bit cramped. The bathroom though must have been redone recently because it was quite good. I had a tv, a bathrobe and slippers, but the towels were SO synthetic that I literally couldn't dry myself with them! I had to ask someone to bring me some towels from back home when they visited! There was also no hairdryer, which I had to request each morning but it was taken away again when the staff came round to freshen up the rooms.

The staff was frienly and helpful, but no one could speak English. They had a very good 24hr laundry service which was needed during my 3 week stay! The buffet breakfast was OK and so was the hotel cafe-bar. The location wasn't great, but Beijing is a huge city, so it could have been much worse. There was a frequent bus service right outside the hotel and the metro station is 15-20 minute walk away.

Overall a decent stay, but quite basic. If this is a reasonably priced hotel (as I said, I never found out how much it cost), I would suggest it as a value for money stay.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business

Been to Mengxi Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Mengxi Hotel

Address: No.20 XUEYUAN RD., HAIDIAN DISTRICT, Beijing 100083, China
Location: China > Beijing Region > Beijing > Wudaokou
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Restaurant Wheelchair access
Ranked #532 of 5,463 Hotels in Beijing
Hotel Class:3 star — Mengxi Hotel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA and Despegar.com so you can book your Mengxi Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Mengxi Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.