“Hyatt in air” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Beijing

Save Saved
You added Park Hyatt Beijing to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Beijing
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.2 Jianguomenwai Main Street, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100022, China (Guomao)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Adv. Purchase & Breakfast
Ranked #17 of 5,123 hotels in Beijing
Almaty, Kazakhstan
“Hyatt in air”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Hotel is located on the 40+ floors of one of the tallest buildings next to office area and major intersections.

I got a feeling that no location is good in Beijing because everything is spread around non-walking distances. For example if you decide to live next to the Forbidden City then next day you don't really know what to do around there, neighborhood is hardly attractive. You may choose to stay in Grand Hyatt on main shopping street but is it really what you want to see in China. And prices for everything in Beijing are hardly attractive. So everywhere you go you need a taxi and access to main road. From this point of view Park Hyatt is more or less OK. You are about 20 min drive to anything from geographic center. And don't forget to call and set up a time for a taxi. If you simply go down from your 45th floor you'll find yourself in a priority line for hotel guests and spend there anything from 5 to 20 min.

Rooms are fantastic. Just look at pictures. And bathroom is out of this world (huge custom made bathtub and shower like Niagara falls water pressure) with the latest fully automatic toilet from Toto. Initially it took some time to realize that lid opens and closes as you approach this sanitation computer. I carry Hyatt Gold card and on Saturday morning I was offered upgrade which was a nice surprise. Thus on pictures is an upscale room but previous was OK too.

Good popular night club in the building where young Chinese drive their Ferraris to listen to live music from a nice band.

Problems. Only one major problem with China in general and even Hyatt. English. Even operator speaks with such accent that it is hard sometimes to guess and you should rather use plain loud language. Never leave hotel without hotel card with address in Chinese. The only solution for big issues is expat front desk manager, don't be shy to ask for him, great guy.

Overall great value for money. And try in the basement of the building Sunshine Kitchen, all delicacies like chicken paws and black fungus.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

420 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Indonesian first
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I went there for the 3rd time, this time with my wife and daughter. We were very happy with the quality of the facilities (spacious and beautiful room, great swimming pool and hot bath at the 59th floor) and the service of the hotel. My daughter was offered a nice panda peluche, which made it back home with us. Xiu, the hotel bar, was nice for an early drink but obviously not suitable for children later in the evening. The price of the room was quite reasonable for a Hyatt as we went through online booking some time in advance.

We took the hotel car from and to the airport - it is expensive but a real plus when you arrive at the hotel. I feel less benefits on the way back (VIP service is less useful as the airport staff drops you at check in) and could have used a taxi (100RMB vs 780 RMB).

Only bad notes would be that i) our room was a bit noisy in the evening and we could distinctly hear music, which i guess was coming from Xiu, the hotel bar and ii) my ipad covered "disapeared" from the room and I am still waiting from the call back from reception... I bought a new one....

Room Tip: Ask for the side facing the China World trade center which I found to be quiet and with a slightly b...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I am an avid business traveler and have the fortune of staying in luxury hotels around the world.
I have been a longtime fan of Park Hyatt brand - particularly in Tokyo and in Seoul - I stay there several times per year for extended stays. Unfortunately my experience at the Beijing location (my first of what I planned to be many as my business has increased in that city) was appalling. To start, they took my luggage from the car I arrived in and, as would be expected, they promised to deliver to my room. An hour later I hadn't received and called down as I was needing to be at a meeting in the restaurant shortly and needed my belongings to change and prepare. I went in circles between the front desk, bell hop, guest services etc - finally determining that my luggage was delivered to another guest's room although no one I spoke to considered that any great concern. Another hour passed and now I was going to have no choice but to attend my meeting without my materials and in clothes straight from a 15 hour flight and I called still following up. Again, I was passed around with a slight promise the bags would eventually be delivered. After a third phone call (3 hours past the time I checked in), they finally told me the room # of the guest they thought had my bag but they would send someone to pick up "soon." I finally had to call that other room and go to their floor / knock on their door and retrieve it myself. This experience was only the foreshadowing on a litany of other instances that were well-below my normal Park Hyatt experience (including key cards that barely worked, incomplete room service orders - everytime, a front desk who couldn't hold packages for a colleague who was picking up) and ended with the biz center not understanding my very simple request to Fed Ex a package home (using a Fed Ex # of my own that I provided as well) - it took 4 phone calls there to finally speak with someone who could help in this. Lastly, when I checked out, the front desk asked me if I would pay for other guests (staying at the hotel for the same event) and handed me their bill - I would never want my bill shared and that was never part of the plan - it was embarrassing for the hotel to say the least. I'm shocked and greatly disappointed - its a shame as the location is ideal but with this service, it is impossible to recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed in 66th floor suite which has a extraordinary view of beijing. Like Great Wall it's great hotel of beijing fitted with wonderful room facilities. Interiors reflects your mood and it's recommended for romantic weekenders.

Room Tip: Higher floor stay for view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Metro/Subway right under the Hotel so easy way to get around the city. Everything about this hotel was very good as it should be given it's price/hotel class. Gym and swimming pool was located near the very top (60 something floor I think) .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Great gym, food and accommodations..location great and walk across the street to the mall to south beauty for a great meal. Walking distance to the silk market for some great deals on shirts, coats, jewelry, etc..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I admit, I was skeptical when my husband booked a hotel that features rooms starting on floor 40, but I overcame my fear of heights from the moment I stepped out of the lift on the 63rd floor. You can’t help but be impressed with this hotel. Stunning views, sleek and tasteful décor, friendly staff, fantastic dining options. Contrary to what other reviewers wrote, we found the breakfast buffet sumptuous, with service being extremely efficient and friendly. We also enjoyed sundowners at China Bar, followed by dinner at China Grill. The only minor drawback was the arrogant and unprofessional staff at the overhyped XIU.
As for rooms: our suite was spacious, there was fresh fruit in the living room every day, and the bathroom featured the biggest bathtub we’d ever seen. PH is not located right in the centre, but a taxi will get you to the major sights in 10-15 minutes. All in all, a hotel definitely worth revisiting!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Park Hyatt Beijing? Share your experiences!