“This is a stellar hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Beijing

Save Saved
You added Park Hyatt Beijing to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Beijing
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.2 Jianguomenwai Main Street, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100022, China (Guomao)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Adv. Purchase & Breakfast
Ranked #17 of 5,216 hotels in Beijing
Sydney
“This is a stellar hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

I've stayed in alot of hotels in Beijing, but the Park Hyatt is worth writing a review about.

The rooms are minimalist and understated, but very modern and elegant. Probably one of the largest bathrooms I've ever seen in a standard room - with a very deep Japanese style bath. The bathroom flowed easily into the main bedroom area. Decent sized closet and very comfortable bed.

The hotel staff went out of their way to keep me informed about my lost luggage at the airport, with several written messages updating me when it was located, when it had left Hong Kong, when it arrived in Beijing, and when it would be delivered. I was very grateful.

The food at China Grill and drinks at China Bar on the top floors were great. The Xiu bar downstairs was interesting to have a peek, but too crowded for my taste - make sure you flash your key card to get priority access so you don't have to queue to get in. Its one of those 'it' places to be seen.

The pool and fitness centre were WELL above most hotel standards.

I was very impressed.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Park_Hyatt_Beijing6, Manager at Park Hyatt Beijing, responded to this review, September 18, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Please do tell me when you plan to come and stay with us again. I will ensure you get a chance to experience XIU.

Once again, our sincere appreciation for your great support extended to Park Hyatt Beijing for your most recent stay and we look forward to having more opportunities to serve you in the future.

430 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Indonesian first
Gassin, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

I love this brand of hotel. Everything works, it’s modern, clean and the service is impeccable. Clearly the best I have stayed at in Beijing and I have stayed at a lot of them. It also has one of the great bars of the world and is in a good location.

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Park_Hyatt_Beijing6, Manager at Park Hyatt Beijing, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

We have two great bars – XIU, Level 6 and China Bar, Level 65. They both have live entertainment with great drinks and food. We always give priority to our hotel guests for advanced bookings.

New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

great service with a modern, hip flare. the views are stunning as the hotel lobby is located on the 67th floor.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

Great views and very professional service. Minimalistic design, which is fine, however the materials used are relatively low quality, as is the workmanship. I had expected more and was disappointed. Getting an internet connection working took a few calls to the hotel staff and their service provider Docomo, wasting a lot of mine time. The A/C was weak and despite the lowerst setting room temperature never made it below 24C. I prefer both the Westin and the Fairmont over the Park Hyatt.

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review for the Park Hyatt Beijing and for the comments about our hotel facilities.

Please note that our internet service is through Intertouch. Please do tell us in advance of your next arrival and we will have our IT technicians to assist. We will even speak to your IT department in advance to ensure that you have a smooth internet connection.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

Stayed here for 4 nights this week in a suite.

Likes
- HUGE bathroom with Aromatherapy Associates toiletries. Bath is the size of a spa and the rain shower was the biggest and best that I've ever had in a hotel
- When I mentioned to the butler (Vicky) that I didn't like the provided paper (China Daily) they replaced with FT and International Herald Tribune every day
- China Bar (oddly called Beijing bar in Chinese) has great cocktails and at a reasonable price
- Staff on the ground floor were excellent and made some good dining recommendations. They also offered the hotel car at a discount when there were no taxi's available at rush hour
- The pool is a good size for swimming and has two large spa pools next to it
- Nespresso machine in room
- Subway station directly under the hotel

Dislikes
- only small things, English not that great if you call for assistance (I ended up with beetroot juice instead of apple one morning). So nothing major but something that shouldn't happen.

Overall
- Would stay here again. While the level of English here is lower than at other Hyatt's in the region (GH Shanghai, PH Tokyo, GH Taipei) it was adequate and all the staff were very friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed the stay - it certainly has the right boutique feel too it!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post positive comments about our hotel facilities and services. We will definitely reward, Vicky, our butler, for her service attention for your newspaper requests.

We are re-evaluating our English service with our team. We have also noticed and we will make rectifications to ensure to make our guests’ stay more enjoyable.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

Stayed in the Park Hyatt hotel last week for 6 nights. I frequently stay in Park Hyatt hotels as well as Ritz Carlton and Four Season. The Park Hyatt in Beijing is on high floors - reception is on 63 , so the views are amazing, if the air happens to be clear.
My stay was spoiled by very poor and unhelpful service from staff at the 6th Floor bar. I popped in to have a look around one evening, to check it out to take a group there the following evening. However I was refused entry to the bar - even although I was a hotel guest. The staff did not speak English and refused to help. I asked to speak to the hotel manager but the staff refused to help with this also. I went to reception to speak to the manager who was not there. He did call my room later, but never took the opportunity to meet me and discuss the very bad behavior of the staff in the bar. Even although i was in the hotel for a number of days - the manager never bothered to meet me! From this experience the service in this hotel is far below what i would expect of a 5 star hotel. There are many other places to stay where the staff and management really do care and the Park Hyatt is not a cheap hotel!! The hotel itself is a good property that I would have rated highly if it had not been for the very poor response from the hotel management to solve the problem i encountered. On my next trip in September I will likely chose a different hotel!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review for the Park Hyatt Beijing and for the comments from your stay in June.

I sincerely hope that this very isolated incident does not mar your general impression of our hotel, and that you will allow us the privilege and pleasure to continue to be of service to you again in September.

Taking this opportunity, I would also like to, on behalf of our management, extend my heart-felt gratitude for the valuable support and very much look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Please do contact me personallly at roger.habermacher@hyatt.com. I would like to know more details of your stay because I was never informed of your incident. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

This is an execllent business hotel. Rooms are a great size with a good sized desk to work on. Wonderful big walk through bathroom. Only niggle on the room is that the DVD player is China coded which means it will not play DVDs from other regions. Staff are very helpful, room service food, the lounge and the china grill are all excellent for food, The China Bar can be too busy and difficult to get into and there is no priority for hotel guests which is wrong. Great gym and swiming pool. I stay her regularily and would not stay in another Beijing hotel for business, I would probably choose a hotel with a better tourist location if I were going for pleasure, eg Grand Hyatt

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Park_Hyatt_Beijing6, Manager at Park Hyatt Beijing, responded to this review, June 30, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review for the Park Hyatt Beijing and for the positive comments about our hotel facilities. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and experience.

Once again, our sincere appreciation for your great support extended to Park Hyatt Beijing for your most recent stay. Please do contact us in the future for your upcoming stay.

Hotel Manager

Been to Park Hyatt Beijing? Share your experiences!