Staff is very professional except Esther(main restaurant). Managers are available and visible at all times. Food great especially lunch. I would certainly go back. This are 4 things that I would make this place an A+ .
1.Rooms get a C+ grade but clean because of bathrooms which are old. Beach might need a little more cleaning. There was someone I saw cleaning the beach and then throwing the pile of dirt right back into the beach, so the trash is thrown right back into the beach.
2.The restaurant has fabulous food, except fruits...fruit choice is minimal and raw 90% of the time. I saw a lady cutting fruit and Esther from Ice cream telling her to keep the ripe ones for themselves..I asked for a ripe piece just then, and was told there was none.
3.Towels, towels..towels are rough and look dirty. They seem like someone wiped dirty oil and then just rinsed the towels. Bleach should take off the stains in the towels..its better if its rough but white. I NEVER in a day got a white towel..carry your own incase this hasnt changed.
4.Umbrellas are minimal...There is plenty of lounge chairs but no umbrellas around the pool More umbrella means more fun..especially around the animation pool so those of us with kids can rest under umbrella as we watch our kids.
Overall, it is a lovely place to stay and would visit again.
- Also Known As:
- Voyager Beach Hotel Mombasa
- Voyager Hotel Kenya
- Voyager Beach Resort Mombasa
- Voyager Beach
- Voyager Beach Resort Kenya
- Voyager Beach Mombasa
- Voyager Hotel Mombasa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moored seven kilometres north of Mombasa city centre, Voyager Beach Resort's convenient 'berth' gives guests easy access to a huge variety of historical, sporting and cultural attractions. The vibrant themed resort is famous for hosting some of Africa's finest family entertainments and animation programs, including unique themed journeys across the seven seas, culinary extravaganzas, with very supervised kids' activities and days out with Africa's best-known and most experienced childrens' safari club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Voyager Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.