We stayed as a 2 couples at the Voyager from 15th - 31st December. It was a return visit for 2 of us (see December 2010 review) & we picked the Voyager as there was a "big birthday" to celebrate - we thought it would fit the bill & our friends would be suitably impressed...which they were
Our rooms were sea front (4101 & 4102) which are ground floor & very handy for the adult pool & dive / watersports centre - see separate review for Buccaneer Diving.
Since our last stay, they have appointed a new Executive Chef & we noticed a definite improvement in quality of the buffet food, plus less queueing due to better setting out of the food stations. We also ate at the Minestrone Italian Restaurant 4 times (available at no extra charge if you are all inclusive & book at reception in advance & great for an a la carte menu in a quiet location) & twice at the Smugglers Cove Seafood Restaurant (50% discount on food & 20% on wine if A/I - excellent lobster) twice.
The staff are excellent at this resort & made our stay & "big birthday" very memorable & special thanks go to Margret (pool bar), Daisy & Margaret (customer relations), John & James (Minestrone & Smugglers Cove restaurant) & Kennedy (adult pool). Many of the staff are long serving & some remembered us from 2 years ago.
We were surprised to see the amount of Kenyans using the hotel - since we were last there one of the large UK tour operators has pulled out (no idea why) so for the first week, it was about 75% Kenyan / 25% European, although this reversed for the second week over Christmas
Only a couple of minor points to knock the hotel about - firstly, they charge for room safes which are well past ther sell by date (we had to have ours repaired 2 or 3 times during our stay) & the bathrooms are in need of an overhaul......not enough minor bad points to knock it from it's lofty 5 star perch though.
We will (hopefully) return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moored seven kilometres north of Mombasa city centre, Voyager Beach Resort's convenient 'berth' gives guests easy access to a huge variety of historical, sporting and cultural attractions. The vibrant themed resort is famous for hosting some of Africa's finest family entertainments and animation programs, including unique themed journeys across the seven seas, culinary extravaganzas, with very supervised kids' activities and days out with Africa's best-known and most experienced childrens' safari club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Voyager Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Voyager Beach Hotel Mombasa
- Voyager Hotel Kenya
- Voyager Beach Resort Mombasa
- Voyager Beach Resort Kenya
- Voyager Beach Mombasa
- Voyager Hotel Mombasa