“Week end Eid break” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 46 Hotels in Mombasa
mombasa
“Week end Eid break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I used to be brought to Bamburi Beach Hotel by my late father some 35 years ago as a small boy, now i bring my family here as my father did and i am glad to say the hotel has gotten better over the years, this hotel is a very nice hotel for families and the kids as i did love it as they are not like other hotels with rules for everything here you are allowed to have fun and relax a great place to have a break.
The pool is always clear blue and very nice, rooms are great bathrooms are abit small but serve the purpose.
food is good with variety from India , western , African foods being served .

Room Tip: Rooms number 301 is the greatest room you can get with a view of the ocean
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Bamburi Beach H... M, Manager at Bamburi Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2014
Dear Fuad,

We cant thank you enough for your continued support. This is your second home! We welcome you again and again.

Yield Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Polish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

As a local tourist, I have been visiting this hotel for almost 20 years now! twice a year my family and I must stay at this hotel. We would expect an improvement every time we visit, but for the past 3 years I always get disappointed. I visited 2 weeks ago with my family from UK. I tried to look for some thing to compliment about this hotel and I couldn't find any.

No doubt, the welcome we received from the staff of the hotel was just AMAZING!
The food is just hopeless!! It may have been off season as per what they called it, but you still don't give the tourists at the hotel boiled food! We are on a holiday for heaven's sake not at the hospital.
We complained about the food yet the chefs couldn't do anything about it.
They had cold fish everyday for lunch and dinner and I don't think the food was fresh at all.
At one of the work station they had spaghetti and minced meat, the chef was a trainee and she was sooooo rude. She clearly didn't want to serve us. She spoke in kiswahili thinking I didn't understand what she said. She said that she was alone and we were disturbing her! That woman clearly should have been fired on the spot.
Secondly, my room had not been cleaned for 2 days. The same towels I left in the bathroom and needed them changed the next day is what I used for 2 days. When you call room service no one is willing to help till the next day. My TV in the room didn't work and they came to fix it at midnight so I would clearly chase them away. That's not the right time for room service.
The next day when the cleaner did my room, she may have accidently dropped my watch that was on the dressing table. Instead of picking the watch she left it on the floor behind the TV unit.
The only good thing about this hotel again I repeat is some of their staff. Halifax, Mary, Pamela and the entire water sports team.
I have raised my hands and after this experience I will NEVER visit this hotel! I'm very disappointed after 20 years of being at this same hotel every year. Pull up your socks or close this hotel!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Bamburi Beach H... M, Manager at Bamburi Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear Narisha,

Following your complaint below, I wish to respond as follows,

In the first instance I wish to take this chance to take this chance to thank you for being our repeat guest for quite a number of years. Further, may I take this opportunity to to apologize for any inconvenience that arose during your last stay such that you did not enjoy your stay this time round. In fact I was inconstant touch with your dad whom I have known before and at least a few issues were sorted or rather explained particularly the loss of you your watch and the recovery there after. Without being defensive I wish to clarify a few issues as here under.

We have a three week menu plan which is basically in line with and in consideration of the guests that we may have at any given time. During your stay with us other than boiled sweet potatoes arrow roots, pumpkin, ugali and irio, there were no other boiled food and in fact the above items were additives and not part of the menu, they only applied during the African night and over breakfast.

We are within very easy reach of fresh food supply ranging from perishables to dry food and even vegetables . We have no reason whatsoever to keep large quantities in our stores to be there for long periods so as to become stale. I can assure you that all the food that you had in this hotel was fresh.

The room steward who cleaned your room confirms that at least one day she did not clean your room. She was requested not to by one of your members. Further she only changed the towels that were on the floor leaving the ones hanging on the rail as per our environmental write up in your bathroom.
The incident with a trainee chef was unfortunate. Indeed there was a discussion between her and one of waiters to call another chef from the kitchen to take over from her because she was in pain due to an accident that she had the previous morning. Both of them came to your table to apologize and explained to you that the talk they had was not directed to you.

I am aware that in one of the days during your stay, all our TV's in the rooms were not operating. The optic fiber cable connecting our hotel had been vandalized the previous night. Quite a number of guests were inquiring what was happening. Immediately when the cable was restored, our technician went round to make sure all TV's were back in operation.

I note with a lot of gratitude that a watch that is so dear to you was at one time missing but later recovered . Indeed I had assured your dad that if you never went out of the room with the watch then a thorough search of the room would result in the recovery.

I am also happy to note that your welcome to the hotel by our staff on arrival was amazing, this shows how much we value our guest.

In conclusion may I state that as a management, our wish is that any guest who patronizes our hotel would enjoy the stay and continue to visit year in year out. Unfortunately this time round was not as good as you expected. once more I wish to offer our sincere apologies and besides urge you to continue to visit our hotel with a promise that we shall en devour to do better next time.

C. Ibukah
General Manager.
oxford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

just come home from my 3 week stay in the bamburi beach hotel as always it was great, very clean, staff is the best will do anything for you would recommend staying here, The beach boys are only trying to earn a living and most of them take no for a answer and most of them are great fun will have a joke with you so just enjoy and be happy hakuna matata

Room Tip: any room is good
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Bamburi Beach H... M, Manager at Bamburi Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2014
Dear Dora24 Oxford,

Your feedback as always is fulfilling. We feel motivated every time we read your posts after visiting Bamburi Beach Hotel. Thank you.

We are glad to make all your holidays memorable. You are our dear valued guest.

We welcome you once more to stay with us. Things get better and better.

Yield Manager
Romford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

we have just come home from bamburi beach hotel mombasa, this time we flew with kenya airways as thomson has stopped flying there until oct / nov due to the FCO advice, we did not and have never seen any trouble or ever been fearful in all our visits to bamburi, the staff, food and drinks were fantastic as we all ways go all inclusive, you can have half /full board, we travelled about in the matatus and the tuk tuks without any problems and all the local people were glad to see us, you can fly to mombasa moi international airport with several different airlines, and you can book a package with a few travel agents, eg somak, or others, all you regular bamburians, you should go there now and support your hotel as the local work force need your custom so they can feed their families, so book a package or a flight and get going, you will be safe, and you will enjoy.

Room Tip: any room, just go and support the locals
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Bjomm,

This is your holiday home. You have proved it with the repeat times you have visited us. Every review you post is welcomed, it builds us to serve all guests better and better.

Thank you for highlighting to all that Kenya is safe and remains safe for tourists. You have been here and you will come back.

May God bless you as you plan for your next visit to this beautiful country.

Yield manager
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

one thing the most I loved about this place is the sprawling swimming pool.one should definitely go for a swim .the breakfast is amazing.the rooms are nice and tidy.
the location of this resort is also convenient.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Just finished my 2 week holiday here and must say it was absolutely spot on...given the circumstances of travel advisories to tourist by their governments,this hotel clearly has its loyal and dedicated customers and its easy to see why. Must say the staff at the hotel play a major role in making the guest experience worth while. Must mention Mercy f&b, Roga Roga animation and the whole front office staff keep the good work up...for sure am coming back in December.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
west yorkshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

booked over 10 months ago arrived 19th april to be told didn't av the triple room we ordered so shoved us all in a double room was really annoyed kicked up a fuss and they moved us the next day in to wat should of been our room , the hotel has really gone down hill we 1st stayed ere 7yrs ago nothing has changed only the food its rubbish wat ever you eat u end up on toilet bad stomach , breakfast was best meal the worker on frying eggs is horrible doesn't serve ladies only kids and men the entertainment on evenings is rubbish , plus u av to pay for wifi which is a joke wouldn't go back even if they paid me plus the back café with smaller pool there hygiene well thts a joke they wipe there surfures with a dirty clothes no wonder we had bad stomaches when u pay a lot for a hotel u wud think u would get better start by up dating the hotel improve your food get free wifi otherwise nobody will come back we thought the other reviews was lying but no it was the truth stay away we will trust me

Room Tip: no gud rooms really unless u complain
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Bamburi Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!