We booked the Bamburi Beach Hotel through one of the UK 's leading travel agents and because it was reasonably priced and looked the part. On arrival at the hotel we were greeted by the hotel staff with a complimentary drink and the usual booking in forms.The desk staff ,while efficient tend to be aloof and smiling does seem to be an effort for some of them.Tipping is sort of expected so I would keep some small denomination notes for this. We were shown to our room which was clean and was well maintained apart from a dripping shower.The hotel is well looked after and the staff are fantastic with the guests and do their best to look after you. The hotel itself caters for guests from all over Europe and East Africa and the towels on the sunbeds syndrome is alive and well,the Brits and Germans being the worst.The catering is on a buffet style basis with you helping yourself at different stations.Meal timings are marred by shortages which last for upto twenty minutes before they are rectified. The food itself is of an acceptable standard for a hotel of this rating. The Ziwahni Grill serves snacks during the day and has to be booked at night. The food is very good but takes an age to be served so do not go there if you are in a rush.The hotel has a pay reataurant,The Fishermans Cave where guests receive a 20% discount.This was very disappointing and I would not recommend this to anybody ,go to Yuls next door which is excellent has a greater choice and is comparibly priced. The most disturbing point about the hotel ,is its policy on prostitution.It does not have one. While they are not plying their trade in the hotel lobby they are certainly welcome with young Kenyan females to be seen with aging Europeans and also young Kenyan males with white grannies,not really something I would want children to be around.Beach is an open market and you will be constantly hassled by the beach boys who are pleasant enough but they always want to sell you something.If you want to book an independent safari use F King Safaris ,abasolutely brilliant and great value for money
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This warm and friendly hotel welcomes guests with a distinctly African vibe and a fantastic view of the Indian Ocean! The spacious and comfortable rooms offer four poster beds with yards of netting, making nights tropically romantic and worry free. There is a TV, DVD player, Coffee and Tea making facilities in each room. The safe (chargeable) and mini fridge ensure you can relax and enjoy, in air conditioned comfort with quiet, split unit air conditioners or on the terrace with a spectacular view and a cool ocean breeze. The pool edges onto the ocean and the view is terrific! Whether you come to the Bamburi Beach Hotel to relax or to use it as a starting point for your game drives, we do everything we can to ensure your comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Bamburi Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bamburi Beach Hotel Kenya
- Bamburi Beach Hotel Mombasa