“OVERSLEPT” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 33 Mombasa B&B and Inns
Mombasa, Kenya
“OVERSLEPT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

The room was quite enchanting, the comfort was so exquisite, I slept so soundly thinking I was at home, almost missing out on the breakfast. I will most certainly revisit, this place is quite the unforgettable. Keep it up. Oh and by the way , room service ... you guys know your stuff a little too well. Very prompt, very swift, I think too efficient. Am one satisfied customer,

Room Tip: Rooms on the Second Floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
MonalisaMtwapa, Guest Relations Manager at The Monalisa Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thanks for your feedback! We are very glad you happily overslept, our flexible check-out hours are designed to ensure your maximum comfort. Please come visit us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Kampala, Kampala, Uganda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is a new hotel situated in mtwapa, with all facilities still new and in good condition, the rooms are very nice, each room is fitted with an AC, flat screen and WIFI, though the connection was not good.
the breakfast was great, though not with a lot of varieties, they also have a fully stocked bar with all beers and spirits.
the hotel is also very near the main road, so there is no hussle in getting public transport....its also near the night clubs, kasaurina, bannhoff and kendass,

its just a five minutes drive to haller park,

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
MonalisaMtwapa, Guest Relations Manager at The Monalisa Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thanks for your review!
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This was the best hotel i have ever been in kenya. Food was great. The room was clean. The only thing which was bad the showers had shock. Also on my last day in kenya i had a bad experience with them i ordered food to my room two of the plates fell off because they were stuck on the same tray it was an accident so i had to pay ksh 1390 and also payed ksh 500 extra for plates and food to me was unfair.There wasnt internet. But other services were great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for your feedback, it is very much appreciated and will go towards making improvements at Monalisa Hotel
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I was longing for a break from the hectic schedule I had at work and Easter was right around the corner.I wanted a place with a beach, somewhere I could really relax and get back to work renewed.I heard about Monalisa Hotel in Mtwapa, Mombasa from a friend and my friends and I decided to try it out.
The hotel is hidden from the busy road and provides a serene atmosphere, perfect for those like me who need to get away. It is only a 10 minute drive from the beach which is great.
I loved the food in Monalisa Hotel, they make the best pancakes!
I always like a clean hotel, so I appreciated the care taken into hygiene.
I enjoyed my holiday there and I recommend others to go there as well.

Joanah M

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MonalisaMtwapa, Owner at The Monalisa Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Karibu tena!
Nairobi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had an excellent time at Monalisa Hotel, Mtwapa. The hotel was clean, well taken care of, close to public transport and the rate affordable.

I had breakfast by the penthouse pool, the chef was kind enough to accomodate my requests and the service as top of the range. I would definitely stay at Monalisa Hotel next time i am in Mombasa

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MonalisaMtwapa, Guest Relations Manager at The Monalisa Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thanks! We look forward to seeing you again when you are back in Mtwapa!
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I had all the things anyone could possibly want from a holiday at Monalisa Hotel.
It was fantastic,and a whole list of other adjectives.

The staff is great and they listen to you and attend to your needs, they have a personal touch and you immediately feel like family. The rooms are spacious, aired with a choice of AC or Fan for cooling, so they are top notch comfortable. THe bathrooms are clean and with hot showers.
The meals are sumptuous, and the chef will take up any special requests you might have.

And my absolute best part, the pool at the rooftop. its amazing, complete with a bar and an entertainment area. you may request for music and the staff is ready and willing to provide you with that.

Mona Lisa is also accessible if you are using public means, its a well known hotel and one can walk to the road or take a cheap ksh 50 ride to the hotel. The hotel also does pick ups and drops for those customers who wish. They also have great references in case you want to take tours around the area or in Mombasa.

All in all, my stay at Monalisa was wonderful, and it is my hotel of choice in Mtwapa. I cannot wait to be back there.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MonalisaMtwapa, Guest Relations Manager at The Monalisa Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thanks, we really appreciate your stay with us and look forward to hosting you when you are back in Mombasa!
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Mtwapa is known for its busy nightlife but Monalisa has been able to set itself apart from other establishments with its great location and modern design. From the great staff at the reception to the fantastic rooms complete with a TV, aircon, clean self contained rooms and a balcony. I had the opportunity to visit the rooftop bar which has a pool and lounge chairs. Very cool! At the very affordable price Monalisa is really value for money considering they have gone all out with the design and finishing. I was priviledged to take a tour of the penthouse and all I can say is wow. I would deifinitely consider it for a drink up with a group of friends. Lastly, the food is really good and what i love about it is the home cooked feel to it. I had the pork chops and later the fish and it was cooked very well. As I was leaving I realized I needed a haircut and I was pleased to find a great barber at the Monalisa Barbershop. They also offer massage at the spa which unfortunately I was not able to do.

Overall, great location ( Close to other great restaurants and malls) great design, great service and overall great value for money. I would definitely recommend it.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MonalisaMtwapa, Public Relations Manager at The Monalisa Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you and it was our sincere pleasure to host you! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Been to The Monalisa Hotel? Share your experiences!