“A Year On.............” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 124 Activities in Mombasa
More attraction details
Owner description: Wildlife Kenya Safaris has built a reputation as one of East Africa's premier safari tour operator. Being a specialist operator, we cater for both private and corporate sectors specializing in the design of tailor-made safari itineraries for individuals and groups throughout Kenya and Tanzania. We undertake all facets of tailor-made Safari/travel, special interest holidays, incentives, conferences and event planning, from travel arrangements to media liaison and leisure time activities. Our website gives all the details that you need to choose the safari and beach holiday of your choice.Telephone or E-mail us and our helpful staff (Antony Musyoka and others) will be glad to assist you in planning your forthcoming safari and beach holiday to Kenya and Tanzania.Thank you for your interest in Wildlife Kenya Safaris.
United Kingdom
“A Year On.............”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

This time last year my son amd I had an excellent safari with Antony and his company. I wrote a review last year but someone deleted not only mine but a number of reviews......not a nice thing to do!

I booked my safari over the net as Antony was possibly the only person to take the time out and reply to ALL my many questions about prices, lodges and types of safaris available.

We did the Mama Mia safari which took us to Tsavo West and Amboseli. We were picked up from our hotel and shared a minibus with only two other people, not like the big tour operators who cram as many as they can into their vehicles. Our driver and guide was Sammy who was polite, knowledgable and friendly.

We stayed at Ngulia Bandas and KIbo Camp and the accomodation was second to none , all staff at the places we stopped were excellent, food good and we couldn't have asked for more.

Because the guides who work for a small safari company do not know that they will have work or trips from day to day I think they try all that harder to make sure you have a good time and this was the case with Sammy. Antony also made sure we were getting the best from our trip by speaking daily to Sammy and if need be to ourselves.

Safaris are pot luck and we saw many animals in what was a very dry year, especially in Amboseli, a couple of highlights being Lion, Cheetah and the many herds of Elephants.

All in all I will use Antony again when I return to Kenya and once again to you both, Antony and Sammy

Asante Sana

• Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic 5 day safari”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

Whilst visiting Nairobi we decided to make the most of our time with a safari. Having e-mailed at least 7 different companies wildlife-kenya were the ones that seemed to listen to our requests and budget and provided the best match (at 1 weeks notice!). Initially I was a little concerned at choosing one of the cheaper companies based in Kenya as I didn't want to wire a deposit etc - however when I found their site listed in KALTO, and their reviews on trip advisor, that put my mind at ease - we really needn't have worried. Having only a week to organise and pay we hit a couple of issues with transferring money on time but Anthony was brilliant and we ended up withdrawing the final payment from a cashpoint and giving it to Sammy the driver on the last day! It was never an issue for them.
Talking about Sammy he was fantastic and extremely knowledgeable and was prepared to go the extra mile to make sure we got the best from our safari. He never seemed to get tired of driving for 10 hrs+ every day and had amazing eyes for spotting wildlife. The first day and night were at Nakuru which we were glad we did as there was so many rhinos(which we didn't see in Masai Mara). Then we travelled to Masai Mara for 4 days and saw everything we had come to see and more - despite it being the middle of the rainy season!
I would 100% reccomend paying an extra £100 each or so for a 4x4, especially at this time of year as there were many places that we went that the minibusses couldn't reach. It's also more comfortable for 10 hours a day!
Overall an amazing trip, made more enjoyable and relaxing by wildlife-kenya safaris - don't pay the extra to UK/US based travel companies charging a premium, these guys will listen to what you need and tailor make the perfect safari for a fraction of the price.
Thanks Anthony and Sammy.

New York, NY
“Terrific, memorable experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2010

I discovered Wildlife Kenya via TripAdvisor here, and ... though I had my doubts it could all be true or legitimate, it was! I initially contacted Antony, who organizes each safari, via email-- and he was quick to respond. Using the itineraries on Wildlife's website, I was able to tailor my own to my specific time-frame and interests. I was also able to make changes as needed, all via email. I was to wire a deposit and pay the balance upon the safari's first day, all of which happened without a problem.

I chose to do a Jeep safari on my own, out of Nairobi, and although I'm a relatively fearless person, I can't deny I had a bit of anxiety about being a single woman alone out in the bust ... simply as far as having a driver/guide I could count on. Wildlife assigned me Sammy, who arrived at my hotel early to pick me up, and was dutiful and courteous for the duration of my 6-day safari. Compared to the other drivers I observed along the way, Sammy seemed to have more experience and everyone seemed to know him. Although he was initially all-business, by the last few days was loose enough to crack some jokes : ). He never let me down, looked after my interests, answered all my questions, briefed me on options as they arose, and I felt completely safe. Antony (who operates out of Mombasa) was in contact with me via Sammy's phone to monitor how it was going.

The safari itself was completely satisfying. Although it was rainy season, it was perfect for me-- very few tourists, dramatic & variable weather kept things interesting, and despite the longer grasses I still saw all of the expected animals but the elusive leopard. Sammy was excellent at tracking the animals & being in contact with other drivers in the area who knew where to locate them at specific times. The quality of the Jeep was excellent (and Sammy was expert with it), and as it was 4-wheel drive we were counted on to help some of the other smaller vans in each area that would get stuck in muddy ruts. (I highly recommend getting the 4-wheel drive if you go during the rains!)

I stayed in 2 lodges and a tented camp. They were all lovely in different ways and completely comfortable with beautiful views (my favorite was the tented camp, which was luxurious for a tent, while giving you the more adventurous feeling of actual camping). The food was for the most part quite enjoyable (sometimes quite delicious and sometimes not), but you don't go to Kenya for the cuisine. Whatever your taste, the meals included in your safari are plentiful and at no time was I left dissatisfied.

If/when I do another safari to visit the parks I missed, I will certainly automatically choose Wildlife Kenya again! Many thanks Antony and Sammy!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

My wife and I went to Kenya for our honeymoon in April 2010. I did a lot of research online and got quotes from numerous different safari companies. Anthony from Wildlife Kenya Safaris provided me with the most reasonable price for our 3 day Masai Mara safari. He gave me all the information I needed and answered all my emails very quickly. We stayed at the Royal Mara lodges which were out of this world. The accomodation was absolute luxury, the food was amazing and I have never been so well looked after. The staff were really friendly and all were very knowledgable, we had our own personal waiter, room attendant and security guard. The lodges are at a bend in the Mara river- we sat eating breakfast watching hippos, monkeys, crocodiles all within about 100 metres from us. Our guides were excellent and made sure we saw all of the Big 5- we got to within 5 metres of a lion which was pretty scary!!
I would absolutely recommend Wildlife Kenya Safaris and the Royal Mara accomodation in the Masai Mara.

Norwich
3 attraction reviews
“Masai Mara Safari WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

What can I say? My husband and I searched the Internet for safari companies and quotes etc. We e-mailed some of these companies and Antony replied promptly with information. I asked for a specific camp which he complied with and duly gave us a price in GB pounds. After a few e-mails we decided to go ahead, a little apprehensive at first but I had no need to worry. We wired the deposit via our Bank. The Bank charges a fee for this transaction but it is safe. Antony e-mailed a receipt with all the relevant information and all we had to do was wait for our September holiday in Kenya. We had plumped for a 3 day safari. A few days before we were due to leave I asked Antony if there was any chance of an upgrade in our accommodation as I was anxious as I don’t ‘do’ tents. Within a day or so Antony had agreed a price and booked the upgraded accommodation, I hadn’t expected it to be possible but it was. I didn’t know what to expect!!!
Antony said it would be OK to pay the remaining costs on the first day of the safari and we could pay in GB pounds (suited me). Antony picked us up personally from our hotel and drove us to the airstrip, saw us in, made sure we knew what we were doing. We flew in a small aircraft to the Masai Mara and landed on a rough, small airstrip. I have to say this was the part I dreaded most but all was well. Waiting for us was a driver and a ‘jeep’ to take us to our camp. The drive actually took us on a small game drive on the way to the camp. I was in awe of it all. On arrival at the camp we were taken to our upgraded Ngaboli tent – sheer luxury who would believe it was a tent apart from being canvas. There were 2 4-poster double beds, en-suite bathroom, even if the hot water was only at times. There was also electricity but of course that is only at set times and not during the night – hey this is wild Africa don’t expect everything. All the same it far outweighed what I was expecting. All meals were included all we had to pay for was our drinks and tips of course. We had early morning game drives, later morning game drives and late afternoon game drives. What can I say? We had a Masai guide, William, and our driver Peter. We saw 4 of the big 5. Only the rhino escaped us. I cannot tell you how I enjoyed this. It took my breath away – what can I say - WOW. You really have to see al this and the Mara is the place to see it. We were never disappointed and Antony had fulfilled his promise to us. I was sad but tired when we had to go but everything was perfect. We were driven back to the airstrip and the small aircraft was waiting for us. When we arrived back in Mombassa our transfer to the hotel was waiting for us. The staff members were very eager to see how we had enjoyed ourselves and whilst in the vehicle Antony telephoned and spoke to us to see if all was well. We did not have anything bad to say. We were tired but extremely satisfied with how our safari had played out. If anybody is thinking of doing anything like this do contact Antony we highly recommend him so much so that we have re-booked to do the same again in September 2010. Can’t wait. I highly recommend Antony and his company. It was everything and more.

A few pointers though, It can be quite cold on the Mara first thing in the morning and during the night but by mid morning it is boiling so don’t forget to take some long trousers and a jumper or something for those times. Just go for it and enjoy as we did. It will take your breath away. Enjoy!