Was there with family of 4 in June. Jumo and the staff were great. The accomodations were fabulous. One of the great things about Porini camps is that they are on conservancy land leased from the Maasai. Not only does this help the Maasai and preserve the animals and land, this is one of the few places you can go on night drives. You get to enjoy the conservancy and the Maasai Mara park so you get 2 for 1. We saw everything including a cheetah kill a gazelle.
It was better than expected. We loved every minute. HIghly reccomended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porini Lion Camp is located in the exclusive 20,000 acre Olare Orok Conservancy bordering the Maasai Mara Game Reserve, home to an abundance of animals. With 10 spacious comfortably furnished tents, each with private verandahs and en-suite bathrooms, the camp is small and exclusive giving a real bush experience. Guests enjoy the game drives in open 4x4's, escorted bush walks with Maasai warriors and sundowners. The Camp is the perfect base to experience the annual wildebeest migration. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Porini Lion Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porini Lion Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Porini Lion Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve