We stated at Tipilikwani for 3 nights in early August. The camp has 20 tents, most of which overlook the Talek river. The camp runs a mobile spa service and treatments are carried out in individuals rooms.
Points of interest:
1) The tent size is massive! So is the bathroom :) and both are fairly clean
2) Found some stains on the bedsheets (which was a put off for me) but if you're not OCD then you won't have an issue
3) Meals were mostly served to your table or on some days they have a buffet service. The vegetable soup was delicious!!
4) Packed lunch can be provided if you wish to be out on full-day game drive but please ensure you specify your dietary requirement or risk being surprised!
5) Power is switched off between 7.30am and 6pm and then again between 11pm and 5am - at least this was what we experienced when there. Electronic gadgets can be charged inside the restaurant.
6) Water for showers is nice and hot in the evenings ..
Overall, this was a nice place to stay although I wouldn't go back here due to proximity of game viewing ..
- Also Known As:
- Tipilikwani Masai Mara Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Tipilikwani Masai Mara Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve