“Amazing resort and Safari adventure” 5 of 5 stars
Review of andBeyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp

We can't find prices for this accommodation
andBeyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp
You added andBeyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp to your Saves list
C12 Keekorok, Maasai Mara National Reserve, Kenya   |
Hendersonville
“Amazing resort and Safari adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

There is not enough words to explain the beauty of God's creation on the Maasai Mara. We had a perfect view of the safari from our tent door. We had the pleasure of visiting a Maasai village while there as well. I hope to return soon.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Kichwa Tembo has always been my favorite place in the Mara, but the recently remodeled camp surpassed my wildest expectations. I would give it more than 5 Stars if I could. The new tents, which can hardly be called tents, were very thoughtfully designed for comfort, style, and practicality. I really appreciate all of the outlets to charge all of my camera equipment and computer, and the lighting options make it a very livable space. I was content before with the classic safari tents, but the new tents are truly wonderful and their new placement gives amazing views - even from the shower. The newly designed dining and bar areas are equally delightful, and the service, as always, impeccable. The food is top-notch, and Chef George treated us to our favorite Macadamia Torte - even though it wasn't scheduled for the menu. The guides at Kichwa are some of the best in Africa, and everyone in our group thought their driver was the best. A special thanks to Naitoi and Douglas.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Cairo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Just spent the most amazing 3 nights at Kichwa Tembo - the setting, staff, game viewing and breathtaking views can't be described in words. It is a piece of heaven and we were so privileged to have visited - it is a must for all travelling to Kenya and wanting to visit the Maasai Mara - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The entire experience from start to finish is exquisite. The location (within the Masai Mara) is second to none, with Giraffe, Buffalo and a wild array of animals wandering within sight of the restaurant, but along with the lions safely behind an electric fence. In the camp you'll see warthogs and mongoose and an array of other critters. The staff are amongst the most motivated and company loyal I've come across, expanding on all the activities that the company (&Beyond) undertake to engage communities and protect the wildlife for future generations. This truly is a 5 star experience and worth every penny.

Room Tip: The superior view rooms are something truly special with views from your bed into the Savannah teemi...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2015

We stayed at the camp in April and this was one of best facilities and service we have experienced till date. From the time we got off the plane from Nairobi to game drives and rooms and service, we enjoyed every minute of our stay. Camp amenities are top class and the service and folks attending to us were even better. Anne, Franklin and above all our guide Seigei were excellent. I would highly recommend this camp.

Room Tip: We stayed at the family tent i.e. two tents with an adjoining corridor and I would recommend it for...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2015

My friend and I had the pleasure of visiting this amazing camp in March. Not only are the camp amenities just awesome what made the highlights was the staff. Mike gave us a remarkable tour of the &Beyond Batelaur Camp nearby and introduced us to all areas of the resort from the warthogs to kitchen staff to the manager, Maggie. Our butler was always on top of things and the waiter we had for every meal couldn't be finer. I am embarrassed that I can't think of their names. The gift shop person was so helpful and I put her thorough her paces with no complaints from her.

I loved lying out on the futons on our patio and looking out over the savannah and watching the giraffe meander by. I tried my best to soak up this magnificent view and the peace that came with it. Also, there are so many electrical sockets that you will have no problem charging your gear.

The food here was exceptional and we couldn't ask for more. We had Maasai dancers one evening and they brought along their handicrafts for our perusal.

Our guide, Lucy, was incomparable and always seemed to find what we were looking for. She knew everything about the animals and had great stories to share as well.

&Beyond made our trip exceptional and were so easy to work with. They have a high quality of luxury camps and I'm looking forward to going to Botswana in May to stay at two other camps.

I can't recommend Kichwa Tembo enough and when you are thinking of the Mara think of &Beyond.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a savannah view and futon on the porch for savannah gazing. There are rooms set...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2015

My family and I just got back from Kichwa Tembo. Best holiday ever. Great new rooms (been to Kichwa many times), great new ambience at the lodge. All staff, led by Manager James, treated my husband, our 4 kids and I extremely well. Our guide Jackson was the best we could ask for - we got to see the Big Five; including 2 leopards on the same day! The food was delicious and the restaurant / bar staff - Mike, Yialel, Zipporah, George, Ronald, Lazarus and James - ensured that everything was on top form! Kichwa remains our favorite!

Stayed April 2015

Been to andBeyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp? Share your experiences!