I recently stayed for 2 nights with my husband and other friends and family members. I have to say I have mixed feelings about Kichwa Tembo. I was a bit sad to find out the pool was closed for renovation.
First the positive things:
I loved the tents and overall ambiance of the place. This makes for an authentic experience at the Masai Mara.
The night drives and guides and vehicles were absolutely amazing.
The room attendant was very helpful and had very nice touches added every evening.
What I liked less:
The bossy attitude of some of the reception staff and massage lady.
The lack of variety in the meals, especially for myself as a vegetarian. I ate the same food both evenings.
The way our wonderful driver guides are treated here, as if they are not important and welcome.
I would consider staying here again due to the ambiance and tents and for the possibility of going on an evening safari as this is one of the only places where it can be done.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AndBeyond Kichwa Tembo Masai Mara Tented Camp is set on a private wilderness concession leased from Maasai landlords in the legendary Masai Mara. Situated where forest and savanna meet, these elegant, spacious safari tents boast some of the most magnificent views of the Masai Mara, especially from the large swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your andBeyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kichwa Tembo Tented Safari Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- AndBeyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve