I joked to my kids that the only way I would ever go camping is if we could find a tent with an en suite bathroom. Well I found it! The tents are wonderful. Beds really comfortable, and a hot water bottle is popped between the sheet each evening. Excellent bathroom. Was not expecting a full size shower, sink and flushing toilet! Food not that great. My picky 11 year old survived on french fries and bowls of custard. There weren't that many choices...so if you go with kids maybe pack snacks. We went for a full day safari and the picnic they provided that day was actually the best food we had during our four days at the camp. But food aside, it was still an amazing experience. Did the sunrise balloon ride and highly reccommend that. Had a fantastic, fearless guide (Wilson), who would suddenly drive off road to view wildlife, with the command "hold on". Great fun. Stay here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AndBeyond Kichwa Tembo Masai Mara Tented Camp is set on a private wilderness concession leased from Maasai landlords in the legendary Masai Mara. Situated where forest and savanna meet, these elegant, spacious safari tents boast some of the most magnificent views of the Masai Mara, especially from the large swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your andBeyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kichwa Tembo Tented Safari Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- AndBeyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve